Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

What other 'company' does this?

With football winding down I will make literally thousands of little one, two, or three dollar bets on NBA and NHL. My book accepts and grades all these little nuisance wagers without complaint and, more importantly, without any type of stupid little surcharge per transaction. Plus they hold and maintain my decent sized bankroll without the usual 'maintenance fee,.' unlike my local bank which always seems to be nickel and diming me to death on fees on my checking. Oh, and my book throws one free payout my way way every month. As much as I may complain about them taking forever to hang their square lines, sometimes it's interesting to look at things from another perspective. Not a shill for any books just my $.02.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

definitely not a shill - did not mention the book. everything you mentioned is done by all the books i ever played at. all big banks come with a lot of fees for everything. get away from fees from your bank. use a credit union or a smaller bank.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

when you say a $3. bet are you talking 3 George Washingtons?

Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

Yes, two and three DOLLARS. Thousands of two and three dollar bets and parlays. I was trying to convey the fact that they take and process these off- the- wall bets without complaint or charge. As I am the epitome of a break-even gambler, they are making NO MONEY off me until football starts again. Even then I take more than I give. The ONLY way they get me is fees on deposits.......and there is precious little of that going on. With all the negativity about books on here I thought I might throw a glass-half-full take on things It could be worse.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Banks are the biggest impediment to international commerce for almost all individuals and most companies.

Their fees are a disgrace and it baffles me why we don't hear more about it.

Viva crypto currency!
    Points Awarded:

SBRMAN23 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Banks are the biggest impediment to international commerce for almost all individuals and most companies.

Their fees are a disgrace and it baffles me why we don't hear more about it.

Viva crypto currency!
    Not sure what you do to incur all those fees.
    I don't pay any at all!
    Pay off your credit card every month.
    Don't take cash advances.
    Yet to find any advantage in looking at cryptos.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Not sure what you do to incur all those fees.
    I don't pay any at all!
    Pay off your credit card every month.
    Don't take cash advances.
    Yet to find any advantage in looking at cryptos.
    Try sending money to a US$ bank account and you might be shocked at just how much is skimmed off by the mainstream system.

Banks should not be taking any skim off the top for transfers. You can see for yourself from the AU local system that it is a costless process now.

Hareeba!

Try sending money to a US$ bank account and you might be shocked at just how much is skimmed off by the mainstream system.

Banks should not be taking any skim off the top for transfers. You can see for yourself from the AU local system that it is a costless process now.
    Yes, foreign exchange costs are unacceptably high. I do my best to avoid getting involved with them.

Optional

Yes, foreign exchange costs are unacceptably high. I do my best to avoid getting involved with them.
    If you want to export anything... say like something as simple as advice on how to play the horses. The ~4% you lose in the average transaction selling your wares internationally is born by every person or company doing anything. Personally I think it is a massive unjustifiable tax.

Particularly when we can see a working model that banks could very easily pick up and use themselves that allows it to be done for hundreds of times less than the current system with greater accuracy and actual transparency. Most of us just hope and assume banks actually balance their ledgers properly (and by extension tell us the correct amount of money we have) but reality is probably that many of them don't. maybe all of them.

I don't get why there appears to be no politician anywhere pumping this issue. If the general public understood what was happening properly I think it could develop into a very large populist movement.

And I don't get why you don't care. If any book wanted 4% of your money for no justifiable reason you'd be mad as hell.

Hareeba!

If you want to export anything... say like something as simple as advice on how to play the horses. The ~4% you lose in the average transaction selling your wares internationally is born by every person or company doing anything. Personally I think it is a massive unjustifiable tax.

Particularly when we can see a working model that banks could very easily pick up and use themselves that allows it to be done for hundreds of times less than the current system with greater accuracy and actual transparency. Most of us just hope and assume banks actually balance their ledgers properly (and by extension tell us the correct amount of money we have) but reality is probably that many of them don't. maybe all of them.

I don't get why there appears to be no politician anywhere pumping this issue. If the general public understood what was happening properly I think it could develop into a very large populist movement.

And I don't get why you don't care. If any book wanted 4% of your money for no justifiable reason you'd be mad as hell.
    It's not that I don't care. It's just that it's no big deal for me. I make a point of operating in AUD. I rarely need to pay in another currency and then it's always only pretty small stuff.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

try currency fair or equivalent

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by Natty68 View Post
    Yes, two and three DOLLARS. Thousands of two and three dollar bets and parlays. I was trying to convey the fact that they take and process these off- the- wall bets without complaint or charge. As I am the epitome of a break-even gambler, they are making NO MONEY off me until football starts again. Even then I take more than I give. The ONLY way they get me is fees on deposits.......and there is precious little of that going on. With all the negativity about books on here I thought I might throw a glass-half-full take on things It could be worse.
    I don't get it. They make interest on any balance you keep with them, isn't that obvious? To me that's enough incentive not just to allow you to bet or not bet but even throw a bonus in here and there.

Optional

It's not that I don't care. It's just that it's no big deal for me. I make a point of operating in AUD. I rarely need to pay in another currency and then it's always only pretty small stuff.
    It still directly affects you when you purchase any imported goods or invest in any company that exports.

This is a big chunk of the reason Aussie banks are consistently the most profitable in the world. Australia runs on exports and loves imports and our banks skim not just a few percent out of every dollar but every transaction. Multiple times on many dollars.

If the govt owned the system and charged the same amount as a transaction tax, then they could totally abolish the personal income tax system. That's how big this rort is.

Hareeba!

It still directly affects you when you purchase any imported goods or invest in any company that exports.

This is a big chunk of the reason Aussie banks are consistently the most profitable in the world. Australia runs on exports and loves imports and our banks skim not just a few percent out of every dollar but every transaction. Multiple times on many dollars.

If the govt owned the system and charged the same amount as a transaction tax, then they could totally abolish the personal income tax system. That's how big this rort is.
    It's not all bad news. I've got a heap of my super invested in Aussie bank shares

Optional

hehe... I was almost going to mention how much we love bank shares and how tyhat probably affects the attitude too.