dapovu
    dapovu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

William Hill refuses to settle the bet

Hi all.
    I'm posting this after it's been 10 months already.

William Hill is refusing to settle my bets and has locked my account.
    I was betting on tennis match "in play" and I was betting on Gille/Huang to win first set and to win against Zekic/Zlatanovic. It was ITF in Sri Lanka. It was played on February 14th 2015.
    Match finished 6-4 6-4 so the bets should be won. I don't remember the exact odds, but I believe it was around 1.60-1.70.

They are refusing to settle the bets and my account is locked since then.
    They have requested several times for the documents (ID, Bank statement, utility bill...) and I have provided them with those every time they asked.

They are just telling me that the match is under investigation and that's all they can say.

Has anyone had any similar problems with them?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Unfortunately this is not an isolated story when betting lower level tennis, especially with UK books.

They are signed up to an agreement to report suspicious betting patterns and freeze transactions on suspect matches when asked to by the regulator. Part of that legislation requires that they do not tell you any more information than an investigation is under way... and often they don't know more than that anyway.

Most of the time ordinary people who are not involved in match fixing or money laundering get caught up as the entire betting market is usually frozen.

Bad news is that it often does take a year or more before they release your funds.

Good news is that in almost every complaint case like this I have seen, the player does eventually see their money back.

I do not think SBR can do anything to speed this up. The only option is to ask the UKGC if the book is acting properly... and then they can only give you a Yes or No without explanation too.

I usually suggest players just email them and ask if the investigation is done and can you have your money about monthly.

dapovu

I will try and email Gibraltar GC because they're registered there for international customers.

Thank you.

dapovu

I've emailed Gibraltar GC and they said they can confirm that investigation is over and that I can expect to be contacted from WH in near future.

Let's see what they'll say now.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by dapovu View Post
    I've emailed Gibraltar GC and they said they can confirm that investigation is over and that I can expect to be contacted from WH in near future.

Let's see what they'll say now.
    Thanks for the update Dapovu.

Goes to show it is worth chasing them with monthly reminders.