Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Durito, I certainly do not work for SBR and never stated such, please refrain from making assumptions, as you do on 98% of your posts.

Your pissing off many good posters here.

Seatrain
    Seatrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

[COLOR=#000000 !important]I have a substantial amount in Matchbook as I do all my betting exclusively with them. I know they have again been downgraded to a B-. After reading about them for an hour in the forums from various people I am more confused than ever. Is my money safe with them or am I treading in dangerous water? I have bet with them for along time and have never had a problem but am now very concerned. Thanks for any replies , I dont know what to do. [/COLOR]

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

<3 Tomato

FH,

What office are you alluding to then? Why do they care about posts at SBR? Why should DH care if your office is pissed? If you weren't trying to give the impression of working for SBR, you failed.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    What I'm saying is 90% of posters are talking about their wonderful payouts and few, veterans or newbies, are talking about how to get money deposited there.
    Deposit via moneybookers and withdraw via moneybookers...... all very easy for me...... and BTW I try to keep no more than 3K there.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    Cascade was never rated A+.
    so they were an A or A- still a very high rating by SBR.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seatrain View Post
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]I have a substantial amount in Matchbook as I do all my betting exclusively with them. I know they have again been downgraded to a B-. After reading about them for an hour in the forums from various people I am more confused than ever. Is my money safe with them or am I treading in dangerous water? I have bet with them for along time and have never had a problem but am now very concerned. Thanks for any replies , I dont know what to do. [/COLOR]
    Follow Justin's recommendation. Better safe than sorry. Having money there now is similar to investing in a stock that is falling fast and hoping that you caught the bottom. If rating drops to C- you can expect a run on the bank. If it goes back up to B+, great, put your money back in. What could you possibly gain from exposure there at such an uncertain time?

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Follow Justin's recommendation. Better safe than sorry. Having money there now is similar to investing in a stock that is falling fast and hoping that you caught the bottom. If rating drops to C- you can expect a run on the bank. If it goes back up to B+, great, put your money back in. What could you possibly gain from exposure there at such an uncertain time?

Great odds

Scalps

Middles

MONEY

I recommend reducing exposure in ALL books at this time, but not entirely.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

[/b]I recommend reducing exposure in ALL books at this time, but not entirely.
    This is destined to be someone's signature very soon. shortly thereafter it will be attributed to Yogi.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    This is destined to be someone's signature very soon. shortly thereafter it will be attributed to Yogi.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

I swear, Fishhead sounds like he's got an ownership stake in Matchbook these days...

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems fair to me

curinator
    curinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

Like I've said in a previous thread, it's best to view any downgrade on a book as one letter worse than the downgrade until there is a sign of stabilization. Darkhorse gives good advice. Treat this as if it were a C- book until there is a rating upgrade. I wouldn't keep more than a small amount of scalp money in there right now. Risk/reward is different for everyone, but I can't see a benefit of holding any large amount there right now at all considering their markets are fairly dry for most things. It's just as easy to find a line during the day for most anything (assuming you have a good 5-10 books) that is off the market average and +EV or very close to it.

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curinator View Post
    Like I've said in a previous thread, it's best to view any downgrade on a book as one letter worse than the downgrade until there is a sign of stabilization.
    maybe if the downgrade had merit or even an explanation as to the downgrade!

1/18/2010 01:18 PM matchbook downgraded from B to B-
    [BLANK]
    12/30/2009 10:35 AM matchbook downgraded from A- to B
    [BLANK]

if matchbook is so unstable now, then why the fuk were they ever rated A to begin with?

with all the rumors last year about them and they stayed a steady A-.

then they stop paying for ad/aff at the end of dec and sure enough they drop in rating-- with no explanation. (of course, what are they going to put there? "stopped paying sbr"? )

hell, maybe it was even sbr's idea given how betpheonix and sbr are heavily in bed with each other. it just doesn't add up.

if this was a poker hand and we were on 5th street, i would call even if i only had jack high because somebody is full of shit.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-15-15 at 09:06 AM.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Is Matchbook not paying SBR??....is that the reason for downgrade???....I never had problems with Matchbook and I have withdrawn thousands. I am sure this downgrade is related to Matchbook not paying SBR for ads. There are no comments what so ever for the downgrade...both from A- to B and B to B-...WHY?

On the other side, I see sites like Bookmaker and 5Dimes are still rated high. Bookmaker charges ridiculous amounts for withdrawals and u have to wait for ever to get paid there. 5Dimes throws you out so quick if you are winning...Just think..how the hell are these books still A+...coz they are paying huge bucks to SBR for advertising.

I don't truly believe all the ratings SBR gives....though they do rate some books correctly like Greek and Pinnacle. I think SBR should focus more on the users of the site instead of who pays more for their advertisement. And please post comments while downgrading a top book exchange like Matchbook. Its not fair for the users if you downgrade without providing any solid reasons.

Seatrain
    Seatrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I agree with you, I'm starting to think SBR is a garbage bullshit site. They also ignore e-mails sent to them.

JELLYBEAN
    JELLYBEAN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook gives out way to much credit. One big guy go down again(Like mr.rio) and say goodbye to MB

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who is Mr. Rio?

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Books like Betphoenix want to stop interbook transfers with Matchbook simply because 95% of requests are monies leaving Betphoenix to go to Matchbook.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Did BP stop transfers with MB?

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    I believe I saw that on their website today, yes. Transfers with YouWager are up and running, and I'm pretty sure the other half was no Matchbook.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    Yes

Fishhead

BetPhoenix

1. They got hammered by those that took the 100% bonuses.

2. They got hammered by those that decided on the low juice instead of the bonuses.

THEY GOT HAMMERED

THEY SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR NICKY

Matt Rain
    Matt Rain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 659

BP's current business model doesn't seem viable. I don't think you can afford to be slow-moving when you're dealing -105. Yet...

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rain View Post
    BP's current business model doesn't seem viable. I don't think you can afford to be slow-moving when you're dealing -105. Yet...
    And they are finally starting to realize this now as evidenced by them eliminating 105 lines on college hoops. I wonder if other sports will follow.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rain View Post

Enjoy an SBR point on me

JELLYBEAN
    JELLYBEAN's Avatar Become A Pro!

When Fernie passed away BP lost any chance of being successful with the model they had. Now all they have is guys who think they are bookmakers because they can change a line. That is the bottom line.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by JELLYBEAN View Post
    When Fernie passed away BP lost any chance of being successful with the model they had. Now all they have is guys who think they are bookmakers because they can change a line. That is the bottom line.

curinator
    curinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    And they are finally starting to realize this now as evidenced by them eliminating 105 lines on college hoops. I wonder if other sports will follow.
    Haha, I remember that progression. Offered -105 fairly early in the day at start of the year, pushed it back to a few hours before gametime. Start offering -108 two days after Pinny does, still realize you are not profitable so start offering -110 lines a few days later and put those lines up maybe 30 minutes before gametime.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

[/B]

Great odds

Scalps

Middles

MONEY

I recommend reducing exposure in ALL books at this time, but not entirely.
    agree, esp. with lower rated books

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    If so then there is no reason to play there any longer, might as well play at Greek and CRIS. Lower vig is the ONLY reason to choose Phoenix over Greek, etc.

coldhardfacts
    coldhardfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curinator View Post
    Haha, I remember that progression. Offered -105 fairly early in the day at start of the year, pushed it back to a few hours before gametime. Start offering -108 two days after Pinny does, still realize you are not profitable so start offering -110 lines a few days later and put those lines up maybe 30 minutes before gametime.
    Yea - what's with the staggered line posting? How can any serious book not have all the basketball totals posted by 6:30 pm ET on weeknights (12:30 pm on weekends) and expect to get more than a few dollars in action? Do they think no one has anything better to do than sit around all night and all day waiting for them to put up their -110-each-way lines?

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

I've got nothing against Phoenix as I found them to be quite a decent book in my time there. But surely it's obvious to anybody with experience in this industry that while the wheels may not exactly be falling off, the bolts are certainly getting very, very loose.....

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    couldn't agree more , i remember wwts , they would send 5k ** same day, bowmans was a solid company, there is always going to be risk with sending your money to a place you have no recourse, but we are in the risk game to begin with
    As I've stated numerous times.......BETJAM/THEGREEK are the safest outlets for players at this time in terms of SAFETY OF FUNDS.

As SUPERBOWL approaches, these are two books that I personally do not have to worry about reducing my exposure with.

..........AND YES, I WILL BE REDUCING MY EXPOSURE AT MATCHBOOK SHORTLY, AS I DO WITH MOST BOOKS AT THIS TIME OF YEAR.

First 1234