SixHundred
    SixHundred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Pinnacle Sports Question

Hi guys,
    have a question. Me and my wife are trying to make some extra income betting on soccer. So we chose Pinnacle sports. I am the one making all the wagers. But the account is in her name. Why? We are from Europe, we were living there for a while and then moved to Canada. My wife used to live here before, so when we moved here together, she already had a bank account here, the condo and utility bills are on her name. So we opened the account in her name just for practical reasons. Back in Europe I had a Pinnacle account on my name, but it was never used, no money was ever deposited on it. So when we opened the one here, I wrote them and they closed the other account that was not used. When they asked for the reason I wrote them that I need it closed because it was never used and that we have an account on my wife name that we use. I even provided them with the ID of the new account we use now. Even the new account is on my wife name, its my email address on it with my full name. So long story short, there are no multiple accounts in use, we as a married couple use one account and try our luck. So, we have been making some profit, but still trying to build up the bankroll before cashing out. The question is, do you think there could be problems if we start winning and cashing out regularly even though the account is registered to a female? And an email that is registered with the account has a full male name?. I am asking this because I know that a lot of people are using their sisters, wives etc. as a cover for multiple accounts, and that female accounts are being screened like it is some kind of fraud. In this case we even have an email conversation stating that we use it as a family. You guys think that could be a problem when/if cashing out?
    Thank you

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

It does sound like a recipe for problems but from what you say it sounds like Pinny know and understand so I doubt you will have any issue. Particularly if you are not big bettors.

SixHundred

Look, we are not big bettors, at least for now... I was thinking to maybe pull out the funds and close the account, and then reopen in my name... But it would be played from the same IP... I mean, it is only one account that we play from, I could also change the email on the account to hers. I don't think it can be seen as fraud if she plays with my help, me or her have no other accounts with them anyway... And one account per household is allowed... But lets imagine we win big... What can they do?

SixHundred

You think they would understand if I write them that we want to close that account and open the other one in my name, because we made the first one on her name just for practical reasons?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by SixHundred View Post
    You think they would understand if I write them that we want to close that account and open the other one in my name, because we made the first one on her name just for practical reasons?
    I think they would wonder why firstly. If they had already approved you closing the other account and you have told them about the link with your wife.

If this was another book I might be more concerned for you but as long as you are just a regular bettor working by yourselves I would not be nervous about Pinny not paying you just because you win big over the issue you have described.

SixHundred

Yes. When I closed the other account, I wrote them an email from the address I used to create it in the first place (address I don't use any more, it was a long time ago). I wrote them that I want to close that account because I never used it for betting, and because my wife and I have a new account that we use (in another country), that is in her name and I even provided the ID. So I got a reply that the old account is closed, and the new one I mentioned was never affected in any way so far. I mean, my name does not appear in the new account anyway, except in the email address we used to create it. So i think I will just request an email change and put her email address on the account. We play by ourselves, win or lose, no other accounts. I just got nervous because I heard that if there is a significant win, bookies use to call to verify that you are the one playing. In this case my wife would pass the phone to me (nothing bad in it), but I don't want them to think that we pull some scam. In my eyes its the same as that electricity bill is on my wife, but is payed by both out salaries... I see that as the same thing.