A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

A $300 limit is worthless to me. I asked a Circle representative how long and or how many transactions need to be completed to receive an account upgrade and I received the typical, "there is no single recipe" answer.

If Circle cannot show me a clear path or algorithm to raise my transaction limit, how can I trust them to hold my money?

At this point, I'd rather pay a 1% fee than have my BitCoins held hostage by some site for kiddies.
    Last edited by A4K; 11-05-15 at 12:24 AM.

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

that's why you buy from other users on localbitcoins.com. you can trade as much as you want and most are pretty fast with the payment process. I bought $500 worth today only took 20min. circle and coinbase have bullshit wait periods.
    Last edited by spro23; 11-05-15 at 01:51 AM.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    that's why you buy from other users on localbitcoins.com. you can trade as much as you want and most are pretty fast with the payment process. I bought $500 worth today only took 20min. circle and coinbase have bullshit wait periods.
    Is it easy to convert to US $?

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

yea you can see what their payment options are for each user

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

It's a pain. But I can understand why they do it. These guys are opening themselves to every scammer in the world and some of the most elite. They have to take some precautions. Things are a lot better now that you can get instant access by holding cash there. Was a lot worse before.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    It's a pain. But I can understand why they do it. These guys are opening themselves to every scammer in the world and some of the most elite. They have to take some precautions. Things are a lot better now that you can get instant access by holding cash there. Was a lot worse before.
    I don't have a problem with Circle holding funds for a couple days, but $300 limit doean't help me.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I don't have a problem with Circle holding funds for a couple days, but $300 limit doean't help me.

Blockchain -> Coinbase -> Sell...charge a couple % fee I believe, but 10K daily limit. I looked into circle the other day, but saw the 300 limit, then saw some people say it changes between 300 and 1k every few days...Not worth the hassle to me, rather just go with the other site.

Buffalo Nickle

Didn't they make a change to where you can send whatever cash you hold with them? Do they limit that to $300? Maybe that is where you start? Anyhow, sending $300 a few times is pretty easy and then you get up to $1,000 or so.

If you are wanting to take your money out, I'd say $300 is probably going to be the max. They have given you an FDIC insured account and want you to hold your money there. That's the tradeoff. They really aren't in the bitcoin business. They are trying to attract assets.

If you are going to use Circle for gambling, you've got to be willing to hold your cash with them until you make another deposit. If you need more than $300 per month out of the account, it ain't gambling money. It's living money.

A4K

Didn't they make a change to where you can send whatever cash you hold with them? Do they limit that to $300? Maybe that is where you start? Anyhow, sending $300 a few times is pretty easy and then you get up to $1,000 or so.

If you are wanting to take your money out, I'd say $300 is probably going to be the max. They have given you an FDIC insured account and want you to hold your money there. That's the tradeoff. They really aren't in the bitcoin business. They are trying to attract assets.

If you are going to use Circle for gambling, you've got to be willing to hold your cash with them until you make another deposit. If you need more than $300 per month out of the account, it ain't gambling money. It's living money.
    It has less to do with NEEDING the money and more to do with not leaving more than $5,000 in any off shore book.

I do not like that I can deposit $5k into Circle and then I can only pull out $300 every 7 days.

Buffalo Nickle

That's understandable, I guess. But what use are you to Circle? You are useless to one another. They don't care if you go somewhere else if all you are going to do is stop off and take a piss and not even buy a Slurpee.

winz
    refuse to lose
    winz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

they might raise you to 3k a week as they did for me..but then a week after that they closed my acct entirely..with no explanation.

A4K

That's understandable, I guess. But what use are you to Circle? You are useless to one another. They don't care if you go somewhere else if all you are going to do is stop off and take a piss and not even buy a Slurpee.
    Circle is missing the boat. I have no problem with them holding my $$$ for a few days, that's how they make $$$. I can live with a 3 to 5 day hold on my funds. I cannot live with a chump change account limit.

Buffalo Nickle

You've got to admit that you are asking for a lot. You want FREE bitcoin transfers. You want FREE transfers to and from your bank and you never want to keep any money with Circle despite them giving you FDIC insurance on your deposit.

These guys want people to eventually use these accounts as checking accounts and make bitcoin purchases and hold their money with them. You've got to at least be willing to play along a little or there is going to be no more of these easy bitcoin transfers.

A4K

You've got to admit that you are asking for a lot. You want FREE bitcoin transfers. You want FREE transfers to and from your bank and you never want to keep any money with Circle despite them giving you FDIC insurance on your deposit.

These guys want people to eventually use these accounts as checking accounts and make bitcoin purchases and hold their money with them. You've got to at least be willing to play along a little or there is going to be no more of these easy bitcoin transfers.

BitCoin financing will evolve. IMO Circle is going about it all wrong. If Circle wants to be taken seriously they should follow in the steps of PayPal. When PayPal started they paid a referral fee and HUGE interest to park your $$$ with them.

Buffalo Nickle

BitCoin financing will evolve. IMO Circle is going about it all wrong. If Circle wants to be taken seriously they should follow in the steps of PayPal. When PayPal started they paid a referral fee and HUGE interest to park your $$$ with them.
    These guys are giving away the whole store and you are still bitching! You need to go to Coinbase and pay 1% and be done with it.

A4K

These guys are giving away the whole store and you are still bitching! You need to go to Coinbase and pay 1% and be done with it.
    With the amount of $$$$ I move, I am forced to pay a 1% fee which is still better than parking my money at Circle for over 10 weeks.

HappyHounds
    HappyHounds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

It only took about two weeks for my limits to increase. If you really need the money so bad, why don't you just send your BitCoins to BitStamp and wire it to your bank. Much less than a 1% fee, you'll pay like $25 to wire from BitStamp. I'm not sure why you'd pay 1% through Coinbase. That's a lot of money to spend on fees if you're moving a lot of money

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHounds View Post
    It only took about two weeks for my limits to increase. If you really need the money so bad, why don't you just send your BitCoins to BitStamp and wire it to your bank. Much less than a 1% fee, you'll pay like $25 to wire from BitStamp. I'm not sure why you'd pay 1% through Coinbase. That's a lot of money to spend on fees if you're moving a lot of money
    May I ask how much your limits rose with Circle?

HappyHounds

$3000 was the first bump.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Blockchain -> Coinbase -> Sell...charge a couple % fee I believe, but 10K daily limit. I looked into circle the other day, but saw the 300 limit, then saw some people say it changes between 300 and 1k every few days...Not worth the hassle to me, rather just go with the other site.

That seems like the best way to go

HappyHounds

^^I'm still puzzled about why you guys are so OKAY with giving up so much of your money on fees.

Maybe I'm more invested in making money over the longterm but if you need to pull out more than 3000 a week, then just transfer your bitcoins to a real exchange and just do a wire transfer. It's cheap and just as fast as the methods you are describing.

You're losing a ton of money using Coinbase. Sorry but that's not an exchange in any way. It's a brokerage company and you're getting robbed. It might be "easy" or so you think but you're losing money.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks BitCoin is so complicated. If you want to deposit more than $3000, just do a one time wire transfer to BitStamp like I did. It cost me $40 ---did it on Monday and I was buying coins on Wednesday. When I need coins, I buy on BitStamp and I get the best rate. When I cash out, I can cash out right to Bitstamp if I want... or I can transfer to Circle and sell some coins there.

But again, I set aside a minimum of $10,000 that I wired to BitStamp so that I have the freedom to do whatever I want, when I want, with my money. If I want to bet large , I can. If you're not willing to do a wire transfer to a real exchange, you're always going to have to deal with limits and fees at these other companies (Circle/Coinbase) where you are buying coins from them, not on an exchange from other people.

I think you should just keep working with the support at Circle and get your limits up there. Or again, just do wire transfers. Find a bank account that doesn't charge for incoming wires and they are cheap from BitStamp.

Just my thoughts

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHounds View Post
    ^^I'm still puzzled about why you guys are so OKAY with giving up so much of your money on fees.

Maybe I'm more invested in making money over the longterm but if you need to pull out more than 3000 a week, then just transfer your bitcoins to a real exchange and just do a wire transfer. It's cheap and just as fast as the methods you are describing.

You're losing a ton of money using Coinbase. Sorry but that's not an exchange in any way. It's a brokerage company and you're getting robbed. It might be "easy" or so you think but you're losing money.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks BitCoin is so complicated. If you want to deposit more than $3000, just do a one time wire transfer to BitStamp like I did. It cost me $40 ---did it on Monday and I was buying coins on Wednesday. When I need coins, I buy on BitStamp and I get the best rate. When I cash out, I can cash out right to Bitstamp if I want... or I can transfer to Circle and sell some coins there.

But again, I set aside a minimum of $10,000 that I wired to BitStamp so that I have the freedom to do whatever I want, when I want, with my money. If I want to bet large , I can. If you're not willing to do a wire transfer to a real exchange, you're always going to have to deal with limits and fees at these other companies (Circle/Coinbase) where you are buying coins from them, not on an exchange from other people.

I think you should just keep working with the support at Circle and get your limits up there. Or again, just do wire transfers. Find a bank account that doesn't charge for incoming wires and they are cheap from BitStamp.

Just my thoughts

Great advice. Luckily, I only do a transfer about every 2 weeks.