zlatan25
    zlatan25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

special treatment on Pinnacle ???

Hello, i've noticed this for the last 2 days on Pinnacle : everytime i place a bet on Pinnacle, immediately after my bet, in the second that follows my bet, the line of my bet becomes "offline". And then it takes about one minute for the line to appear again. i precise i bet on Pinnacle what i consider being "value bets". Normally i could place several bets very quickly consecutively, but now they stop displaying the line immediatelt after my bet, i can't anymore. That's a good way for them to limit me in a sense. It seems the processus is automatic after every one of my bet: "offline" first, and about one minute for the line to be displayed again (meanwhile they re-evaluate the line and considerably change odds of course...)... Has anyone ever heard of such a practise or even ever experienced the same with Pinnacle ?? Is that legal? Can they automatically make lines disappear after every one of my bet?? Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with me

zlatan25

pinnacle says everywhere one of the biggest advantages they provide is they don't limit customers as customers are free to repeat bets as many times as they want, but that 's false if they prevent you to make two consecutive bets on same market , making line "offline" ...

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Adjusting the line isn't really limiting a customer though. If it stays offline for a very long period of time... then there's an issue or restricting you for wagering more.

zlatan25

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Adjusting the line isn't really limiting a customer though. If it stays offline for a very long period of time... then there's an issue or restricting you for wagering more.
    Yes of course you're right, adjusting lines isn't limiting customers, but they don't simply adjust lines (They always have adjusted lines as odds automatically dicrease after a bet on a selection), they automatically make lines "offline" for a while ! And what i find totally unfair is i'm sure they only apply it for some customers, that 's not something they do for all customers!

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

other people say they do this also.
    Flag sharp accounts and make their lines way more sensitive to those.
    Square accounts even enjoy increased limits.

OP, you can close your account and then open a pinnacle account via an agent, (Asianconnect88, PremiumTradings etc.) be anonymous and enjoy normal treatment for as long as it lasts.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

On many markets you have to wait 30 seconds or even 2 mins to rebet on Pinny.

daringly
    daringly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4671

Your account is flagged with the "Z-gear" for that sport (or any sport you see that). This setting takes a market offline so they can look at your bet and the market, and make sure they are where they want to be. It's a more extreme defense than auto-move. Pinny doesn't throw out winners, but this is their highest defense level against sharps.

zlatan25

Thank you for all your precisions, that's what i feared indeed...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

why would any book allow you to rebet right away??

It would be suicide

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    why would any book allow you to rebet right away??

It would be suicide
    They let you rebet with lower odds if necessary. With Pinny its all about volume, I would bet they get more action on their main markets than betfair do!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    They let you rebet with lower odds if necessary. With Pinny its all about volume, I would bet they get more action on their main markets than betfair do!

I think their volume is lower in todays sports betting market

The juice their offer is definately wider than years ago