betlarge
    betlarge's Avatar Become A Pro!

The PlatinumSB family: info for bettors.

Hey all ive been using the platinum sb family of books for about 5 years now. This includes PlatinumSB Don Carbone and BetWho. I will outline a list of my pros and cons in regards to these books.

Pros: Customer service with decent english speaking reps. Great rebate of 5% on all horse tracks a-c. Effective payout system, have never had a dispute or otherwise problem getting paid out.

Cons: Lack of lines online, on various occasions i had to call in to wager on an ncaa game not posted online, Lack of various sports wagering (hasn't everyone wanted to place a random dime bet on level 3 Croatian handball?) Lines are not posted in advance and sometimes not until the day of an event. Lines seem beefed up at times
    01/10/2009 green bay packers moneyline was roughly -133 on most books but was -144 on the platinum group of sites.

In total i will give the platinum group a reasonable 5.5/10

Lack of more events and tough lines do not yet give these books the ability to play with the big boys. I'd recommend them for the recreational bettor but best suited for track wagers. They do however do well in the areas that matter most such as payouts and customer service.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Con:

When you request a payout it takes 48 hours to "review" it, the funds will not be taken from your balance until at least 48 hours later and if you happen to lose an amount that puts your balance below your requested amount your payout will be declined and you get to try again.

If you are gonna play with these guys find an agent and play on credit.

jalalinator
    jalalinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 153

i play on a credit through an agent i like it but i too also sometimes have issues finding lines