gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

Bovada College Football Moneylines

This doesn't affect me anymore as I'm at 5Dimes, but me and my friend were just discussing this again, it's one of the reasons we left Bovada for 5dimes, but why would Bovada not put up college football MLs? Like 80% of the games have spreads only, which is absolutely absurd and pointless. Is it just because they know they are a square site and people will just parlay the favorites? Why not just juice the favs?

It never made any sense to me at all not to have moneylines on some of the games of one of sports betting's biggest sports. Anyone have any insight?

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Sites are clearly afraid of Moneylines which is why they wait to put them up. Bookmaker will wait a surprisingly long time to post presumably because they have to worry about sharp action. Bovada is very late to put up all lines so you would expect they would be last for Moneylines. That is because they want efficient lines when they post. If you put them up too early, you give out opportunities.

Bovada is clearly not at all concerned with being competitive with the other books. They focus on small deposits and a square clientele and they do a surprisingly large amount of business doing so..

gregmav1

Yeah but even at game time, up to half of college football games, and a lot of the time big games, dont even have MLs at all

Buffalo Nickle

That just tells you they don't want any part of them.

gregmav1

And I'm saying that's like... really stupid and honestly I'm incredulous they do that. You don't want to put up some DIII game sure, but every D1 COLLEGE FOOTBALL game should have a ML, ridiculous. Doens't get any bigger than that for betting every saturday and they dont even offer action. Like I said I'm on 5dimes so i dont care i just think it's absurd that they pull that shit

Buffalo Nickle

So you play at 5Dimes. Bovada is not having any trouble with business so why question their methods. You may find it frustrating but you take what you can get from who gives it. They have their reasons.

There are lots of sharp bettors at Bovada waiting in the weeds to pick off their weakest stuff and they have to worry about it. How many people want to bet MoneyLines? Not many. Mostly people with a good idea of how to make money.

gregmav1

You're really not discussing my argument at all, you're just giving really boring arguments saying "play somewhere else". I get it. I'm wondering why bovada thinks it's beneficial for them to not play MLs. How could they not make money off of adding those?

Buffalo Nickle

I've told you exactly why. You don't like the answer. They don't find them profitable or profitable enough and they want to stay away from the people that want to bet them. Maybe someone will give you an answer you like better.

gregmav1

But why are they not profitable for them? They make money assumedly on almost every type of bet they have over the long-term, how are these any different? The nature of people just over-betting favorites specifically in this sport?

Buffalo Nickle

I think it is the nature of the people that like to bet MoneyLines that bothers them. They aren't interested in that kind of customer.

Obviously there is a lot of risk or people would post them earlier. When Bookmaker is so slow to come out with them, it should tell you something. Bovada focuses solely on recreational players. If they do that then they are going to give opportunities. There is probably very little interest in MoneyLines from their customers and they just don't want to put something out there to get beat on.