Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

SBO 3x turnover or 3% withdrawal fee

Just discovered that SBO has gone down that dreadful Pinnacle path and introduced a non-industry standard turnover requirement.

Apparently this was introduced in December 2014 and just as Pinnacle did, SBO also failed to notify customers.

I only discovered it today when I requested a withdrawal. At least they did waive it on this occasion but I'd not have made the withdrawal at all had I known in advance.

And just as I vowed with Pinnacle, I'll not be making any more deposits until this abomination is removed.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

3x rollover seems reasonable..... or am I missing something?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    3x rollover seems reasonable..... or am I missing something?
    I don't find it so. Other than Pinnacle I'm not aware of any other bookie with such a requirement.
    Industry standard is 1x which is quite reasonable.
    This trend needs to be resisted. It interferes with sound bankroll management.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

They should have 1x rollover on wire deposits as this doesnt cost them much to process.

On E-Wallet deposits 3x is reasonable due to the extortionate fees books have to pay.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

If you don't pay for deposits, it's reasonable to expect a withdrawal fee, unless they have a chance to make some back in rake. They wouldn't be able to offer free withdrawals, not even one a month (talking about Pinnacle here of course)

Did you have any fees charged when you made your last deposits to Pinnacle or SBO?

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    They should have 1x rollover on wire deposits as this doesnt cost them much to process.

On E-Wallet deposits 3x is reasonable due to the extortionate fees books have to pay.
    Agreed. Not all deposit methods are the same. Fees can't be avoided; they should be split between books and players. It's crazy to expect Pinnacle or any other book to continue business as usual (as in 2005) and offer all the perks and free things to the players. Multiple studies show that market participants consider it FAIR when a business jacks up its prices to remain profitable. In this regard, OP's point is clearly that of a minority.

As competition increases and profits shrink, it's the right of any business to pass on its losses to its customers in the form of increased prices. In our case, it's higher line margins and higher fees.
    Last edited by Grivas_Digeni; 08-31-15 at 07:36 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These books might be losing business like Pinnacle has

Too many Country restrictions are crushing these books

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    If you don't pay for deposits, it's reasonable to expect a withdrawal fee, unless they have a chance to make some back in rake. They wouldn't be able to offer free withdrawals, not even one a month (talking about Pinnacle here of course)

Did you have any fees charged when you made your last deposits to Pinnacle or SBO?
    I have never and never will pay fees to deposit or withdraw my own money.

I understand the need to recover fees they pay to c c and e-wallets. Far better that they do what Matchbook used to do and debit your account with a potential withdrawal fee which diminishes with turnover. Take it one step further and put that into credit for excess turnover so that prudent withdrawals aren't so discouraged.

potless
    potless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

very strange you've never paid for a withdrawal.
    you must have missed a lot of value over the years

as for matchbook - they now just make up a figure you are supposed to generate in comms or pay 2%
    (the fact the amount you supposedly need to generate goes up after you've wagered some more isn't dodgy like)

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by potless View Post
    very strange you've never paid for a withdrawal.
    you must have missed a lot of value over the years

as for matchbook - they now just make up a figure you are supposed to generate in comms or pay 2%
    (the fact the amount you supposedly need to generate goes up after you've wagered some more isn't dodgy like)
    Don't think I've missed any value. The books I play at simply don't charge for them. Never heard of a UK or Aussie book making a charge. I studiously avoid CR books though.

As for Matchbook. I wasn't aware that they have any such rule. I've never had to pay for a withdrawal there.