cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

Cycling wagers at Bookmaker.

Anyone else having problems with cycling matchups at Bookmaker, where they are grading wagers based on the posted finishing times (which are only displayed to the nearest second), so that any riders with the same listed finishing time are considered to have tied?

Just trying figure out if I am not understanding how cycling results are posted, or if they are doing something different than other books. I would have thought that the actual finishing positions awarded to the riders would be used to determine the matchups, since the times displayed are only approximate.

rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

Maybe it's a sign you shouldn't be throwing darts on bicyclists lol

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingbettor View Post
    Anyone else having problems with cycling matchups at Bookmaker, where they are grading wagers based on the posted finishing times (which are only displayed to the nearest second), so that any riders with the same listed finishing time are considered to have tied?

Just trying figure out if I am not understanding how cycling results are posted, or if they are doing something different than other books. I would have thought that the actual finishing positions awarded to the riders would be used to determine the matchups, since the times displayed are only approximate.
    Interesting question. I can't find anything in the rules about Cycling matchups but would have expected it to be based on official finishing position too.

Unless the bet was listed saying it was based on time?

This is all I can find in the rules specific to cycling

Athletics/Cycling Betting

In Athletics events, betting is "All In". Refunds are not available for non starters and bets on those competitors will stand. Betting Payouts are based on Podium Positions.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

It's a grey area , if cyclists finish close to each other they are given the same time

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

that sounds ridiculous. in every stage where there's a sprint every single bet would push. sounds like bookmaker doesn't understand cycling.