Dujkan
    Dujkan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Am I legal? This is not a joke

My country, Serbia, has maybe, banned online betting with another countries. When I try to place money with one bookie, my bank refused transfer. I asked why, and they say that they were forbiden to make such transactions.
    Is anyone from Serbia here, and do we realy have laws that forbid us to bet online with bookies that dont have licence in Serbia?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Serbia introduced those laws several years ago now.

RMCO and Maxbet are the only ones I know about you can use online legally.

Dujkan

I have read some things about it, but I dont know what are the fines. I mean, if there is no fine, and nobady cant take my money throught court, and I dont sufer any legal charges, than in my eyes I am legal. I dont know can book suffer any charge from another country, because I am comming to them, to servers that are placed in their country, and I bet at them. Could they use such argument to take my winings?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Dujkan View Post
    I have read some things about it, but I dont know what are the fines. I mean, if there is no fine, and nobady cant take my money throught court, and I dont sufer any legal charges, than in my eyes I am legal. I dont know can book suffer any charge from another country, because I am comming to them, to servers that are placed in their country, and I bet at them. Could they use such argument to take my winings?
    I am fairly sure the fines are for companies offering betting, not for us gamblers.

Now I understand why you want to be verified before depositing.

Unless their rules specifically state Serbia is not welcome to play there I think you are safe to join as long as you give them a proper Serbian address at signup. Personally I would ask them directly if they accept Serbian players and what would be the best method for deposit/withdrawals before joining.

I would not risk using VPNs or trying to trick books that you are not Serbian. Too risky.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

in Serbia won't they cut off your hand for stealing?

Dujkan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    No, you confused us with our neighbour Albania, whose citizens are trying to take part of our country. They are muslims, and big part of Europe has problems with them, because it is almost largest source of people for ISIS from Europe (not all are like that, but it possibly has some of largest number of people joining ISIS). They are also number 1 in official statistics for drugs trade (again, saying not all).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnk9jdEJ0h8
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...l-9545719.html
    900 metric tons of cannabis per year! 4.5 bilions worth! that is half of the BDP that country make in a year.
    That vilage even used guns, rocekt propeled granades, and MORTARS to greet the police, as you can see in article.

I am sorry that you confused me for my neighbours.
    Here is ISIS article:
    http://english.albeu.com/news/news/k...n-isis/202887/
    Last edited by Dujkan; 07-24-15 at 01:28 AM.

T4TRUTH
    T4TRUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Look, if you have doubts about legal or not legal ,ask the or any book directly and have it clear and either in an email or a copied conversation.
    You will only give a book an opportunity to keep your winnings should you win. get it clear before you start..
    I would not suggest bank wires as this is where the illegal might come into play the banks must follow the government decisions and so stick with what you know to be legal or you will lose out on money.

Evolved137
    Evolved137's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Serbia you will be fine with certain books, trust me. I do business in serbia outside of what we do here, and it's my safe-haven. Your law's in specific aren't going to hurt you, just fining the right books (which there are more than a couple out there) will take you on no questions asked. If the RSD currency is an issue, use BTC for deposits...Just a thought.

--I do specific business in Belgrade to be exact, where i find the laws are fairly lax, having done 5+ years of business...I wouldn't worry bro.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    No. They shoot you in movie theaters.

Dujkan

Quote Originally Posted by T4TRUTH View Post
    Look, if you have doubts about legal or not legal ,ask the or any book directly and have it clear and either in an email or a copied conversation.
    You will only give a book an opportunity to keep your winnings should you win. get it clear before you start..
    I would not suggest bank wires as this is where the illegal might come into play the banks must follow the government decisions and so stick with what you know to be legal or you will lose out on money.
    I asked bank will they stop me for withdrawing money, will they stop such transactions. Bank told me they will stop me from putting money online (as they did with betfair), but then I asked again, will they stop me to take money in the country. I sad I understand they want to stop capital from leaving country, but will they acualy stop transaction where I bring capital to country. Bank offcial didnt know, he sad he needs to ask someone, and will call me latter. That was yesterday