htown1
    htown1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Bethorizon voids winnings seizes original deposit for over a year

Edit by SBR: We spoke with the owner of BetHorizon.

They confirm a deposit was made by plastic - $1200 - July 9, 2014.

$900 was lost, and a $300 futures bet was placed at 16 to 1 which settled recently. The player allegedly has issues with prior deposits through this method and is blacklisted (remember plastic), and we really cannot relay everything suggested by BetHorizon but the picture should be pretty clear.

They've stated a rollover of $3,100 needs to be completed before any w/d would be able to be completed. As long as there are no issues before July 15, and he leaves $1,200 in his account, he would be eligible to be paid everything in his account.

We really cannot allow additional posts on this subject as it can harm other industry books, and would normally not be this detailed, but because SBR recently downgraded this sports betting site we felt the need to address more specifically.

Last July I made a plastic deposit at horizonsports.es. They require a 3 month holding period on plastic deposits. They inform me that the processor they use has had previous issues with a deposit of mine and they require further paperwork. I provide the paperwork including statements. They continue not okaying my account for withdrawals and keep telling me it will take time before they okay it. I eventually go on a big run and have a fairly large balance. At this point which was just a couple weeks ago they disable my account and seize all the funds on my account including my deposit and winnings.

When I call in I am told they are waiting at least a year from the deposit date to decide what to do and they tell me they are not sure what they will do. I am given no other options but to wait. Even after the year is up forget about getting my winnings paid out, they might not even let me withdraw my original deposit either. I finally file a complaint with SBR realizing I might not receive a penny from them at this point. They are stalling SBR as well and have not given a clear response. Bethorizon was recently downgraded from a B to C rating due to slowpays and I would not be surprised if they continue to be be downgraded.This is a book that is located in Venezuela that was previously owned Heritage however now they are independent and they clearly do not have such a strong backing.
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 06-10-15 at 08:26 PM. Reason: added reply

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

I used to play there, will stay away now.

tomallen123
    tomallen123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2084

3 month holding period?? Why would anyone play at a site like this

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8671

Quote Originally Posted by tomallen123 View Post
    Although I would use another method rather than wait, as long as they are upfront with it it's not 'that' unreasonable in this market.

Still no response htown1. Will follow them up again.

htown1

Quote Originally Posted by tomallen123 View Post
    a lot of the smaller books these days have a 3 month holding period in order to protect themselves. As Optional said as long as they are upfront with it its an issue, plus when you make a deposit expecting to wait 3 months the books usually offer a decent bonus and the rollover itself takes quite a while as well which can be over 3 months.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Bet Horizon will use every trick in the book to steal the shIt out of your drawers!

htown1

over a week since I have filed a complaint (my case is still pending). Not only are they holding my winnings they are also keeping my original deposit which is outright theft.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 993293

We spoke with the owner of BetHorizon.

They confirm a deposit was made by plastic - $1200 - July 9, 2014.

$900 was lost, and a $300 futures bet was placed at 16 to 1 which settled recently. The player allegedly has issues with prior deposits through this method and is blacklisted (remember plastic), and we really cannot relay everything suggested by BetHorizon but the picture should be pretty clear.

They've stated a rollover of $3,100 needs to be completed before any w/d would be able to be completed. As long as there are no issues before July 15, and he leaves $1,200 in his account, he would be eligible to be paid everything in his account.

We really cannot allow additional posts on this subject as it can harm other industry books, and would normally not be this detailed, but because SBR recently downgraded this sports betting site we felt the need to address more specifically.