mfins
    mfins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1175

5 Dimes Reward Program, Terminated No reason given, RUDE customer service

I would like to inform everyone of the problem I had and am having with 5 Dimes. I have been a customer over 5 years. I am $100-$500 player in the Sports book. Up a modest $2400 after all these years. I have been extremely happy with the book and except for a couple of impatient customer service reps here and there, I have been especially happy with the payouts, bets offered etc.. This is why what I am about to say comes as a shock.

For some reason I just noticed that I did not have a rewards program assigned to my account. I contacted Customer Service via chat and was told a year ago a manager had terminated my rewards program. I kindly and curiously asked why and was told Managers Decision. I asked why again and was told "we reserve the right to terminate any players rewards program at any time" I kindly stated " but that is not a reason why". This is when the representative become abusive and rude. Telling me " I have given you an answer why twice and, I do not understand why I am repeating myself are you stupid"
    I never once became rude, I simply did not accept " Managements decision" as a reason why my rewards program was terminated. It is not a valid reason. It is a rule he is stating. Every time I asked him something from this point on I was met with the same type of response " Again I am repeating myself".
    In any case, for the life of me there is no valid reason for the removal of the rewards program. The only thing I can think of Is that I referred two players to the site in the past and received a $100 bonus each time, which I guess would be considered double dipping if I was also assigned a rewards program. Again, I am reaching for an answer because I can not come up with one. Anyway, has anyone else had this issue or any comment on a resolution before I file a complaint. Thank you!!
    PS- I have the full email chat as evidence

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by mfins View Post
    I would like to inform everyone of the problem I had and am having with 5 Dimes.I have been a customer over 5 years.I am $100-$500 player in the Sports book.Up a modest $2400after all these years. I have been extremely happy with the book and except for a couple of impatient customer service reps here and there, I have been especially happy with the payouts, bets offered etc.. This is why what I am about to say comes as a shock.

For some reason I just noticed that I did not have a rewards program assigned to my account. I contacted Customer Service via chat and was told a year ago a manager had terminated my rewards program. I kindly and curiously asked why and was told Managers Decision. I asked why again and was told "we reserve the right to terminate any players rewards program at any time" I kindly stated " but that is not a reason why". This is when the representative become abusive and rude. Telling me " I have given you an answer why twice and, I do not understand why I am repeating myself are you stupid"
    I never once became rude, I simply did not accept " Managements decision" as a reason why my rewards program was terminated. It is not a valid reason. It is a rule he is stating. Every time I asked him something from this point on I was met with the same type of response " Again I am repeating myself".
    In any case, for the life of me there is no valid reason for the removal of the rewards program. The only thing I can think of Is that I referred two players to the site in the past and received a $100 bonus each time, which I guess would be considered double dipping if I was also assigned a rewards program. Again, I am reaching for an answer because I can not come up with one. Anyway, has anyone else had this issue or any comment on a resolution before I file a complaint. Thank you!!
    PS- I have the full email chat as evidence

mfins

AL Masters, Am I missing something. You highlighted and enlarged the fact that I have been a customer for 5 years and up $2400.00
    (This information I also obtained from the customer serv rep) Believe me I do not keep track.

Then put up a light bulb symbol.

Are you trying to tell me this has something to do with my rewards program being canceled and the reason the customer service rep was condescending?

I want to point out again.
    I have never had an issue with 5 dimes. Everything regarding wagers offered, ease of site, payouts is phenomenal. I just find it interesting that by chance I noticed my rewards program had been dissolved and I was not informed a year ago when it was and, I am still not being told why.
    I completely understand its there rewards program. If they choose not to give a reward or a freebie then that is there decision. However, when every other player receives the reward and I do not it certainly sparks my curiosity and I would just like an explanation from someone at 5 dimes.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

1. CS at 5Dimes is horrible if you keep contacting them "Tony" will just boot you from their book
    2. 5Dimes does not like winners
    3. Move on

/end thread

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13584

had this happen to me at a couple books over the years. never got the answers i was looking for either. risk management or also like you in 1 case was management decision. i know that i was betting before the site had a chance to move their lines. they were slower than others. at the other site i still have no idea. but you have no reason to file a complaint. they can do what they want. if you want to keep playing at 5dimes just forget it. if you pursue this your account will end up being closed. good luck either way you go.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Need some Tony quotes for this to be near epic.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaBrad View Post
    Need some Tony quotes for this to be near epic.
    lolo Without Tony quotes in the first few posts.... I just move on, nothing to see here. follow exlax advice

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8677

Lots of books will not give any reason for limiting accounts, removing bonuses or even closing your account. Quite often it is for a good reason, like not wanting to tip the player off how not to get identified. Much of the time the secrecy is not needed but as far as CS agents are concerned they are often either not told why decisions are made or told to only say Management Decision.

You are not alone feeling unloved by 5D CS agents though. You're dealing with people from a different culture who very often have to deal with argumentative players who will not accept being told anything but what they want to hear. Personally I try not be too sensitive and cut them as much slack as I can before getting upset about it.

mfins

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Lots of books will not give any reason for limiting accounts, removing bonuses or even closing your account. Quite often it is for a good reason, like not wanting to tip the player off how not to get identified. Much of the time the secrecy is not needed but as far as CS agents are concerned they are often either not told why decisions are made or told to only say Management Decision.

You are not alone feeling unloved by 5D CS agents though. You're dealing with people from a different culture who very often have to deal with argumentative players who will not accept being told anything but what they want to hear. Personally I try not be too sensitive and cut them as much slack as I can before getting upset about it.
    Excellent point. I do realize I am dealing with agents from Costa Rica and I am very familiar with Latin American culture as having lived in El Salvador for 6 years. I am very patient with the agents but, this guy did not explain anything correctly and then completely lost patience with me when I was being very courteous. I can understand if I threw the first blow but, I didnt. Anyway. I will call 5 dimes and see if they will reinstate my rewards account. If not I guess I will just deal with it.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5527

Horrible shop to have anissue with.

mfins

Thank you for all who gave me help. I was able to resolve the problem by chatting with the Manager. It has come to a successful outcome. Things could have been much easier if the original Agent was not so abrasive but, that a positive outcome was reached I am happy with 5 dimes. If anyone wants names or more details send me a private message but, its really not to interesting of a story all in all.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tradeout

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13584

Thank you for all who gave me help. I was able to resolve the problem by chatting with the Manager. It has come to a successful outcome. Things could have been much easier if the original Agent was not so abrasive but, that a positive outcome was reached I am happy with 5 dimes. If anyone wants names or more details send me a private message but, its really not to interesting of a story all in all.
    great

combination lock
    combination lock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

Ive stayed away from this book for a long time now because of their customer service

It boggles me tho that yet still year after year they are voted the players favorite

I'd be so scared to go on the run of a lifetime at this shop...

Ebe
    28-1
    Ebe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Have a hard time believing the customer service rep asked you if you are stupid.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

I don't have PM access, but have some questions please:

1) Which rewards program did you have?
    2) How did it take a year to realize you were missing reward program? If I was missing reduced juice, I would notice immediately. Sounds like whatever reward program you had, you weren't taking advantage of it much.
    3) Which rewards program was reinstated, same one you had before?

Romerowned
    Romerowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2811

I'm up on them and they treat me like crap lol.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

5dimes is the shit (just got my payout in 4 hours yesterday), I know it, you know it, 5dimes know it. End of story!

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    5dimes is the shit (just got my payout in 4 hours yesterday), I know it, you know it, 5dimes know it. End of story!
    This.... I honestly don't give any credibility to a person who bad mouths 5dimes. Been there about 10 years and never had a bad experience. free same day payouts, almost no legit book does that. it literally is my only option, i dont even use a local anymore,
    Points Awarded:

Courtesywipe gave baseballstud 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

For people in the US any book that pays is a top book. Nothing else matters. All of them have their issues with customer service, because they don't have to worry about customer service. They have us all by the balls in the US. Its the times we live in. What I don't get is when someone complains about a book and everyone on the site attacks them. That's what this site is for. Without the issues posted and complaints this site would just be a bunch of bores giving out their horrible picks.