Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Good experience with Crownbet

Crownbet is an Aussie book that used to be called BetEasy.

Placed a parlay early this week on two Hockey games that won and closing out with an F1 qualifying Head 2 Head of Alonso to beat Button today.

Noticed I had made an error and taken the season long head 2 head bet instead.

Rang and asked if they could help and they cancelled that last leg and paid it out for me.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

Nice to learn they have at least one happy customer.

I'm tiring of all the promotional advertising material telling me that "the game has changed" and that they are providing "the world's best online wagering experience".

FFS! They are so so far away from being the best that that statement is simply laughable!

As for the game having changed, I'm afraid from where I stand it hasn't at all. They have steadfastly refused to respond to my emails asking if the changes might mean that I can again access their best tote product.

And as for sports ... my latest experience on Thursday was being limited to $5 on a golf outright.

Optional

I guess I am squarer than you.

I only went back as they offered me 3 x $25 freeplays for a $25 deposit. Done pretty well with it.

After I deposited I didn't get it and it turned out they had actually sent it to 2nd account they had auto created because I had a betfair account using a different email address. They honoured that for me anyway.

Right now F1 Qualifying head 2 head bets are 25 cent lines compared to 50 cents at 5Dimes. I just got Alonso > Button at $1.88. It's $1.55 at 5D and $1.44 at B365

Also got Vettel to win without Merc in market for $3.50 and it's $2.50 or worse elsewhere.

Ice Hockey has been competitive with 5D too.

The guy that answers the sports phone support after hours on Sunday night is very helpful. He probably can't change account limits personally but I bet he would tell you straight what could be done.

Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

This is a book I really like, some good regular bonus offers aimed at smaller recreational punters & before the takeover they had probably the best customer service I have ever dealt with, so hopefully not much has changed there in that respect......for me they went the extra mile, when they really didnt have to.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Border Gadgie View Post
    This is a book I really like, some good regular bonus offers aimed at smaller recreational punters & before the takeover they had probably the best customer service I have ever dealt with, so hopefully not much has changed there in that respect......for me they went the extra mile, when they really didnt have to.
    The regular racing bonus offers aren't as attractive to me as they used to be.
    You get a bonus matched bet but now have to take (generally lower) fixed odds whereas you used to be able to take best of 3 totes + SP.
    Plenty of bonus bets for things like high bat in cricket and first scorer in football but those aren't bets which I like to take.

Hareeba!

Here's a typical example of their recreational punter bonus offers:

"Place a head to head bet on Dragons v Sea Eagles tonight and get a bonus bet to $50 if Marshall or Foran score a try"

Crown's h2h odds are 2.40 and 1.60 (I can readily find 2.50 and 1.63) so it's costing a few cents to get a try from the 2 named players, both of whom are available at 4.50 in the anytime scorer markets I can see without trying for better.

So, yes perhaps some small value there if that's your sort of thing. I reckon they'd be attracting a good number of degenerates with those.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Here's a typical example of their recreational punter bonus offers:

"Place a head to head bet on Dragons v Sea Eagles tonight and get a bonus bet to $50 if Marshall or Foran score a try"

Crown's h2h odds are 2.40 and 1.60 (I can readily find 2.50 and 1.63) so it's costing a few cents to get a try from the 2 named players, both of whom are available at 4.50 in the anytime scorer markets I can see without trying for better.

So, yes perhaps some small value there if that's your sort of thing. I reckon they'd be attracting a good number of degenerates with those.
    I don't go for those sort of offers either. It's just a cheap way to justify a per-sport targetted ad I think.

Don't care for the bet on top batsman and we match a bet on best bowler either.

Optional

They have a free AFL tipping contest that pays $500K for 9 out of 9

Your Round 1 Tips

Richmond
    Gold Coast SUNS
    Sydney
    Collingwood
    West Coast Eagles
    GWS GIANTS
    North Melbourne
    Port Adelaide
    Hawthorn

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm tiring of all the promotional advertising material telling me that "the game has changed" and that they are providing "the world's best online wagering experience".

every book says that although 80% are underfunded

Hareeba!

And further confirmation that they are no better than the crappy Pommie "books" - I just logged in to bet on HK and the fixed prices simply disappeared!

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

James Packer should be ashamed to be a owner of this book. His father would roll over in his grave if he new what pathetic size bets this site routinely allow on major sports. I got bets rejected on India to beat Aussie in cricket world cup semi and for India to win tournament. For major games like that with massive turnover they should accept 10k bets in my opinion.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    James Packer should be ashamed to be a owner of this book. His father would roll over in his grave if he new what pathetic size bets this site routinely allow on major sports. I got bets rejected on India to beat Aussie in cricket world cup semi and for India to win tournament. For major games like that with massive turnover they should accept 10k bets in my opinion.
    Yes one can only wonder what Kerry would make of such a pathetic attitude and similarly Bill Waterhouse of his grandson's similar behaviour.

Optional

Yes one can only wonder what Kerry would make of such a pathetic attitude and similarly Bill Waterhouse of his grandson's similar behaviour.
    We know Kerry thought gambling was a bad area to invest in.

But Big Bill would definitely be cheering on Robbie making money any way he can I think.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

But Big Bill would definitely be cheering on Robbie making money any way he can I think.
    Really?
    By refusing to take bets from punters? By deliberately flouting the NSW minimum bet rule?
    I don't believe Bill would ever have turned punters away like Tom is.

Optional

Really?
    By refusing to take bets from punters? By deliberately flouting the NSW minimum bet rule?
    I don't believe Bill would ever have turned punters away like Tom is.
    You might be right. But I doubt Bill did anything that wouldnt make him a buck and I don't think any of them really cared about being honourable in his hey day.

This new betting environment where only losers are allowed to play would have appealed to Bill I think.