Majman
    Majman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle/Nitrogen common ownership?

If anyone is familiar with Nitrogen and also uses Pinnacle as a reference will see that every line that Nitrogen puts out is a reflection of Pinnacle's. The only difference is the few cents higher that the odds with be on Nitrogen. This is almost a 100 percent of the time occurrence. Does anyone know if this is because they use the same odds creator/service or if they have common ownership threads?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nitrogen one of maybe 3 tops that are reputable bitcoin books

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

Quote Originally Posted by Majman View Post
    If anyone is familiar with Nitrogen and also uses Pinnacle as a reference will see that every line that Nitrogen puts out is a reflection of Pinnacle's. The only difference is the few cents higher that the odds with be on Nitrogen. This is almost a 100 percent of the time occurrence. Does anyone know if this is because they use the same odds creator/service or if they have common ownership threads?
    They use the same lines but different ownership.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

To add to what Raiders said...they have an API which allows anyone to pick their lines up in real time and there have been multiple books who have done so.

Pinnacle could really f**k with these clone outs if they wanted to, but apparently it hasn't happened.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

there have been plenty of books before that also copied pinny's lines. they all failed. (anyone remember parlaymakers?)

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    there have been plenty of books before that also copied pinny's lines. they all failed. (anyone remember parlaymakers?)
    parlaymakers was my favorite book ever

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

megasb too

bookie

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    parlaymakers was my favorite book ever
    Whatever happened to Max? Can somebody now tell the rest of the story?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    Whatever happened to Max? Can somebody now tell the rest of the story?
    He seemed like a good guy. Was there more to the story than they allowed correlated parlays and bad lines that were never corrected and went broke?

bookie

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    He seemed like a good guy. Was there more to the story than they allowed correlated parlays and bad lines that were never corrected and went broke?
    He had it hooked to that gold thing, or maybe that was just a story. I've also had people tell me before it went broke that it was a scam from the get go. I was fooled, or at least I took a chance on a iffy book that did not work out for me.