justlaw
    justlaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Matchbook locked my account - since 20th February and counting!

First of all, I´m sorry for my English. I´m a Portuguese female and my english is not very good

My account is locked since 20th February, after trading in a live tennis match (I won about 850 euros),
    they reply (20-Feb):
    '' At present our Risk and Compliance department are currently investigating your recent activity on your account. As soon as the investigation is over, you will be contacted immediately. We thank you for your cooperation during this time.''
    and a few days later (26 Feb):
    "All we can advise at the moment is that your account is still being investigated by our Compliance team. As soon as they have completed with their review, they will be in touch."

You have similar experiences? It´s because I won? Because I lost a few times too, a lot!
    I have some money locked! Their response so vague.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

It's not common at matchbook but not abnormal. It won't be just because you won. More likely to do with stuff like match fixing or money laundering and may not even be directly related to you.

They are always vague when investigating. They should give you a better explanation if they want to take any action against you though.

justlaw

Match fixing and money laundering is unbelievable! I´m just a common person just like anyone else... Yes, a better explanation, but I don´t get it...I really trust matchbook and never expect something like this.

Thank you Optional

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Probably because they suspect you were ahead of the live feeds, ie courtsiding on had someone courtsiding on a mobile to you. Its very easy to detect lol

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

"Matchbook's Risk & Compliance team monitors live betting activity. In the event of any suspicion around live betting activities, where we suspect that a client may have access to pictures or data feeds that allow them an unfair advantage over other Clients of the exchange, Matchbook reserves the right to suspend and review that client account, and ultimately, if necessary, terminate their membership of the exchange"

premiumtradings
    Update your status
    premiumtradings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

We are sorry for you, but this is something that doesn't happends very often with Matchbook. Lets hope that things are going to be settled normally.

We can also offer Matchbook accounts, which cannot be blocked/locked. You can take advantage of that in future.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Quote Originally Posted by premiumtradings View Post
    We are sorry for you, but this is something that doesn't happends very often with Matchbook. Lets hope that things are going to be settled normally.

We can also offer Matchbook accounts, which cannot be blocked/locked. You can take advantage of that in future.
    Interesting, but surely Matchbook would still want to block accounts they deem are courtsiding/beating the live feeds etc?

premiumtradings
    Update your status
    premiumtradings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Blocking account which is under agent is more complicated. If this is just an excuse not to pay, the will probably contact us to exclude this customer.

justlaw

the tournament was in dubai, and I´m in Portugal. I was watching the game in a internet stream. This only happens when I win. But before I lost some significant money there. I only have cable TV, no satellite. And, I think this important, I didn´t try to withdraw the money, because I just trust matchbook like I trust smarkets and betfair. I try to antecipate the point. sometimes I lose, sometimes I won. That´s it. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by premiumtradings View Post

How can you do that? I think that´s not possible.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by justlaw View Post
    the tournament was in dubai, and I´m in Portugal. I was watching the game in a internet stream. This only happens when I win. But before I lost some significant money there. I only have cable TV, no satellite. And, I think this important, I didn´t try to withdraw the money, because I just trust matchbook like I trust smarkets and betfair. I try to antecipate the point. sometimes I lose, sometimes I won. That´s it. Nothing more.
    I doubt it is about courtsiding or they would have asked you to explain before now.

justlaw

I really hope they end this shortly

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I noticed that sometimes events internet stream (even the one provided by some bookies) it's ahead cable or satellite feed. You just need fast internet connection.

justlaw

not the case...

2 weeks gone and nothing

capone1899

Quote Originally Posted by virtozo View Post
    I noticed that sometimes events internet stream (even the one provided by some bookies) it's ahead cable or satellite feed. You just need fast internet connection.
    I don't see how they can penalize anyone....even if they are court side. Every stream/cable/satellite/etc plays at different speeds. Example: my second receiver is approximately 2 seconds behind the first, my fathers cable feed is approximately 3 seconds ahead of my satellite feed, so am I not getting cheated being 5 seconds behind on my second tv? The answer would be: tough luck

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    I don't see how they can penalize anyone....even if they are court side. Every stream/cable/satellite/etc plays at different speeds. Example: my second receiver is approximately 2 seconds behind the first, my fathers cable feed is approximately 3 seconds ahead of my satellite feed, so am I not getting cheated being 5 seconds behind on my second tv? The answer would be: tough luck
    Imagine how easy it would be to send the main market makers at Matchbook broke with a serious organized court siding effort?

I think they are stuck with having to enforce the rule you quoted or the business would not work.

justlaw

no courtside, no cheating, that for sure.

I´m at betfair, smarkets and, until last year, betdaq. matchbook a few time too...this is exchanges I trust. None of them make something like this, until now Matchbook...I´m really surprise

Optional

no courtside, no cheating, that for sure.

I´m at betfair, smarkets and, until last year, betdaq. matchbook a few time too...this is exchanges I trust. None of them make something like this, until now Matchbook...I´m really surprise
    I think this happens more often at Betfair. Although they have a lot more customers so its hard to tell. It's pretty normal, if not common, at both though.

Personally I like the way Matchbook polices courtsiding. At Betfair people get away with it and leach guaranteed profits off regular players and Betfair 'polices' it by charging them more than 50% of their profit.

In my mind that is the company splitting the profit with the theives and creates a dis-incentive for them to protect players.

capone1899

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Personally I like the way Matchbook polices courtsiding. At Betfair people get away with it and leach guaranteed profits off regular players and Betfair 'polices' it by charging them more than 50% of their profit.

In my mind that is the company splitting the profit with the theives and creates a dis-incentive for them to protect players.
    That's how this world works. Look at the stock market. Fastest to the trade wins

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    That's how this world works. Look at the stock market. Fastest to the trade wins
    That's not how gambling works though. If you have no risk it isn't gambling.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Portuguese

First of all, I´m sorry for my English. I´m a Portuguese female and my english is not very good

My account is locked since 20th February, after trading in a live tennis match (I won about 850 euros),
    they reply (20-Feb):
    '' At present our Risk and Compliance department are currently investigating your recent activity on your account. As soon as the investigation is over, you will be contacted immediately. We thank you for your cooperation during this time.''
    and a few days later (26 Feb):
    "All we can advise at the moment is that your account is still being investigated by our Compliance team. As soon as they have completed with their review, they will be in touch."

You have similar experiences? It´s because I won? Because I lost a few times too, a lot!
    I have some money locked! Their response so vague.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

All I can tell you is one of my X girlfriends was Portuguese. However, she had good English. She was born in U.S. and lived in little Brasilia in N.J.
    I could never catch her cheating, but I did find out AFTER breaking things off that she was. I.e. Portuguese women are good at cheating. Lol......j/k.

Since I have experience with Portuguese women does that give me a good chance of making it through the interview process with you? Lol.

justlaw

And how about the subject of this topic?

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993425

Matchbook confirmed you are fully able to request to be paid your full balance while your account status is investigated.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

And how about the subject of this topic?
    My suggestion would be to lower your limits on wagers and go small when it comes to live betting. Otherwise, it might start to look cloudy. Make pre-game bets and only live bet when you miss a bet on a game by accident, or you're trying to hedge out a bet you think will lose. Otherwise, go much much smaller. Obviously, don't cheat. I'm assuming you are not by default. If you do cheat, then in the long run karma will catch you. It might not be the book that catches you, but something else will. I am very superstitous. I don't dare to cheat at anything because I know it will come back to me. I also don't cheat because I have morals and my soul never WANTS to cheat. I want to EARN my way, not cheat it. Again, I do assume you are NOT cheating, but this is more for anyone else that DOES cheat and might read it.

justlaw

But i´m not cheating...I´ve MORAL too...I´ve been honest all my life.

This is something that I can´t understant indeed. I´m so surprise with this situation... I wonder why something like that happens to an honest person, when I see so many people that isn´t honest with great luck in life

justlaw

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Matchbook confirmed you are fully able to request to be paid your full balance while your account status is investigated.
    I miss that. How I do that? Thanks

Optional

I miss that. How I do that? Thanks
    Just request a withdrawal as per normal if you wish to.

justlaw

But I can´t sign in into my account Optional

Optional

But I can´t sign in into my account Optional
    OIC. Shoot an email to the person helping you out with the complaint then.

justlaw

Ok. I´ll do that. Thanks

justlaw

edit

justlaw

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    I just receive my funds via skrill moneybookers, after my request by email.

I just don´t understant. If they didn´t want me, all they have to do is send me an email an inform me that I´m not wellcome.

I´m really sorry for this! Two weeks with my account locked and my funds held there. At least they pay my full balance.

THANKS SBR forum, THANKS Optional and all the team that help me!

I send a PM for a way of thanking SBR.

Note: My account still locked

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

Girl you can always try and get an anonymous matchbook account via an agent, say from PremiumTradings or Asianconnect.
    Both very reliable.

justlaw

matchbook is not in the list

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

matchbook is not in the list
    You mean the agents list?
    They can provide exchange accounts, all of them just ask them.

justlaw

13 March now and no response from Matchbook. Yes, they pay my balance, but yet, no explanations, no nothing. I´m just like a "bug" that Matchbook don´t care. How about that?

12 Last