Danny7
    Danny7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

SBOBET won't let me re-open my account

Hi,

Few years ago I closed my account with SBOBET because of the proximity of a law in my country regarding possible sanctions for any residents who bet with a non-authorized bookmaker, with the intention to re-open it once the clouds passed.

Now that I tried to reopen it I get an error, and the support keep telling me that they can't reactivate my account once has been deactivated.

It wasn't closed for suspicious activity, bad behavior, failed verification or any other issue, but only because I told them I wanted to close it.

At that time I didn't know I was excluding myself the possibility to reopen it at anytime in my life (It's ridiculous), and they didn't even inform me that these were the consequences.

Is this a common practice from bookmakers? anyone has had any luck trying to reopen it (maybe talking to a manager?)

thanks

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

If they wont re-activate your old account did they mention if you could create a new account?

Danny7

Do you mean create a new one with a different email but the same name? I will ask them but that's what I wanted to avoid because I have also Skrill with the same email as my old account.

Optional

You might be right that it requires a different email address to make a new account. But maybe not too. Worth asking them. Or just trying it.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Sbobet is a sharp place, i do think you can open a new one, just avoid to take bonuses again.

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

they will let you have a new account and you can add that new email to your skrill account too.

Danny7

Yes, that's what I thought about them. There is no sense in not letting a player subscribe again to their website. As there is a shortage of serious and reliable bookmakers around I would be really pissed off if I couldn't bet anymore with them.

Of course I wouldn't use any of their bonuses.

I will let you know when they will reply to me, as this may concern other players.

Danny7

So, they replied that is not possible to reactivate the account or register a new one. It is really odd to me. I don't know if it's because they can't (due to their system), or they don't want to.

I wasn't even a dangerous player for them, because I did only a bet with them (won) and then withdrew all the money.

The answer was from the Compliance department. I'm gonna ask to talk with a manager now.

Usually it's the bookmaker that makes everything in order to attract a new customer, not the other way around.

Optional

Is it possible they don't accept your country anymore?

If you really want to use them an agent service might be possible for you. Asianconnect88 and Premiumtradings are examples.

Danny7

No, my country is totally fine. Thank you for the tip, but for now I don't wanna use agents.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

I had account close for inativity, they let me reopen , odd case they normaly dont close doors.