dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39765

Why do small depositors/bettors complain about low limits?

This is what I never understood. You have someone thats going to deposit a small amount between $250-$1000. Let just say its $500 to make it simple. I read about these players complain to CS about their limits and say why do i only have $250 limits and want $500 limits...

I think i read some ppl aren't happy until their limits are $500 yet their deposit is only $500. Can someone explain this logic of thinking? Why are you asking for $500 limits when you only depositing $250 or $500? Are you planning to bet it all at once then if you win, cashout? Also if not, why are you even asking about getting $500 limits when $250 is more than enough for you? Im really confused why someone would even complain the customer support about something like this as it makes no sense.

Its basically like asking what is the max withdraw for a bank wiree when you never going to ever request the max amount though thats just a bit different. I seen few threads on this forum about it and just curious what in the world is that person thinking when asking for higher limits on a small deposit.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

If I know a book has low limits on me but still worth playing for good odds, naturally I'm not going to over-deposit am I?
    I'll deposit relative to what they'll allow me to wager.
    But it won't stop complaining about being limited to less than I'd like.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Do business with top rated books that take small bets.
    5D is as good as it gets, you can get in the game there for 500, bet as little as 50 cents a throw, and let you shoot the 500 if you want.
    DSI is a dollar book minimum, they are rock solid.
    Heritage is 2 buck minimum I think.

Stick with elite books, they'll give you your action.

dynamite140

Thats not the issue here. The issue is the people that never going to deposit more than $1000 and more like $500 and complain about a max bet of $250. That makes no sense at all unless that person just plans to bet 1 game then cashout... which is already stupid in the first place.

And yes this is to those posters playing at those other no name books since those books have those low limits. I don't know about these books much because it doesn't concern me. But i never understood the logic in wanting higher limits when you never going to bet anywhere there in the first place.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Put your thinking cap on, sport.

No one would shoot off dime or more bets if they built their roll up?

dynamite140

The issue here is they are asking for $500 limits when their balance is $500. Do you see how that makes no sense?

If they get their balance to $2000+, okay i understand you want $500 limits and $1000 limits. But they are requesting $500 limits before they even make a wager.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

^@Rob
    Exactly

Unless one is a psychopath.

I know if I grinded 50 into 750, I'm not betting nickles anytime soon.

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Good point, I am small time and would never consider playing a nickel or even half of that.

Small limits have no effect on my play whatsoever.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

One possibility is they are bonus whores and/or advantage players. For example they deposit say $500 for a 100% Sign-up cash bonus with xRO. Now with the $1k in their account they want to put the whole amount on a XXX+ dog to bust with the odds on favorite laying the full amount off at another book but they can't because their limit is like $250. Because of the limits they have to spread that amount over 4 bets and take the associated risk attached to all 4 bets instead of just 1 along with finding more lines that have the lowest juice possible. If they are doing it at 3-4 bonus books against each other at a time bet limits can cause problems. Same train of thought works if they are arbers too but just want to get down as much money as possible.

They could also just be advantage players as well. In their case it's likely a combined case of risk management/whoring for more bonuses.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Actually, it is not a bad idea of start off with a big bet. If you deposit $500 specifically because there is a game that you think is free money, you damn well want to put your entire balance on it and start off with a big balance. If you lose, you don't care because you wanted to bet the game anyway. Add in a 100% bonus and you are really off and running.

That's how I got started. Would not have been happy if I had not been able to put the whole balance on a single game.

Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

Can go as low as a buck on Bovada as well

T4TRUTH
    T4TRUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Because people like to just complain. most complainers never really got a good slap behind the ear as a kid and so go about complaining and moaning about things in their adult life.
    So what do they want, if they had a million in their limits they would cry and complain about something else. human nature to a point I guess.
    And the forum is great because they have somewhere to voice their gripe. Could not be worse, forum is made a designed for the cry babies. LOL

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    The issue here is they are asking for $500 limits when their balance is $500. Do you see how that makes no sense?

If they get their balance to $2000+, okay i understand you want $500 limits and $1000 limits. But they are requesting $500 limits before they even make a wager.
    I do this all the time. With no moneybookers in Canada anymore its become costly to send money to places. i would prefer to send 500 go all in, if I win great I have a balance to work with, if I lose I'll send them another nickle the next day and do it all over again.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Dynamite, you're way off on this one...give it up.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Put your thinking cap on, sport.

No one would shoot off dime or more bets if they built their roll up?
    Rob, I appreciate your common sense.