Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

5Dimes Bitcoin Withdrawal Times

Just curious if anyone might know why they disable bitcoin withdrawal. It's been down the last two days and seems odd that it'd be down period but maybe someone here can help me understand.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Fiasco01; 02-10-15 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Grammar

Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

I know they limited btc withdrawals to $2,500 last week, and withdrawals were taking upwards of 48 hours. Not sure what's going on now though.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Disappeared from heritage also yesterday

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

If you are ready to withdraw try emailing to ask them about it.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Indeep View Post
    I know they limited btc withdrawals to $2,500 last week, and withdrawals were taking upwards of 48 hours. Not sure what's going on now though.

You deposit via btc? I don't deposit that way, but they allowed me 2500 on my first payout, but then requested another one and rejected it and limited it to 1,000 (which I read in the rules) Not sure why they allowed me 2500 at first.

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    You deposit via btc? I don't deposit that way, but they allowed me 2500 on my first payout, but then requested another one and rejected it and limited it to 1,000 (which I read in the rules) Not sure why they allowed me 2500 at first.
    Its kind of a gray area, I've had mixed regular and btc deposits, and they say you can only w/d over $1,000 if you exclusively deposited with btc, but then sometimes they will let you do more than that. The rep told me they change the limit every week.

amolg24
    amolg24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3317

I was wondering the same thing..its been like this since Friday because I tried to request a payout. They said it might be available in the next could days. Then Sunday they said this week. They also mentioned they are performing an update to the Bitcoin system.

I've requested payouts of over 3k before but never got a payout more than once a week and the other few payouts were less (1/3 the amount)

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If you are ready to withdraw try emailing to ask them about it.
    I tried this any they just replied saying it was "disabled for now" and to try back tomorrow. Which was also what they said Monday.

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by amolg24 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing..its been like this since Friday because I tried to request a payout. They said it might be available in the next could days. Then Sunday they said this week. They also mentioned they are performing an update to the Bitcoin system.

I've requested payouts of over 3k before but never got a payout more than once a week and the other few payouts were less (1/3 the amount)
    They told me they were doing a software upgrade as well last week, but it did finally go through.

Indeep

Anyone having a problem with the 5d checks? I'm hearing most banks put a 2 week hold on them.

Muhnkey
    Muhnkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Tried to do a bitcoin withdrawl just now and its still 'closed' indefinitely. Had to do a ** instead which is now max $750. Thought about a check but i'd have to pay a fee/wait for it/ possible issues or holds when i cash so i'd rather not deal with that. Just don't get why they stopped doing bitcoin when it's easier for everyone involved.

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by Muhnkey View Post
    Tried to do a bitcoin withdrawl just now and its still 'closed' indefinitely. Had to do a ** instead which is now max $750. Thought about a check but i'd have to pay a fee/wait for it/ possible issues or holds when i cash so i'd rather not deal with that. Just don't get why they stopped doing bitcoin when it's easier for everyone involved.
    Epay dept is saying they hope to be back online with btc next week, and possibly Saturday.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco01 View Post
    I tried this any they just replied saying it was "disabled for now" and to try back tomorrow. Which was also what they said Monday.
    Ah, I thought they may be still processing them quietly. Sorry about that.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

5Dimes bitcoin is back up as an option, at least it is in my cashier page (wasn't there last few days).

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Hey guys, COMPLETELY new to bitcoin but sounds like a nice payout option so bare with me on this one...

Since the wallet 5dimes is sending the bitcoin to is anonymous, doesn't that put your account at great risk if someone was to access your account info? With all other payout options, the payout goes to YOUR NAME and your name only. (checks, **, etc)

Isn't it very possible for someone to steal your account info, and request a payout to their own personal bitcoin?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    Hey guys, COMPLETELY new to bitcoin but sounds like a nice payout option so bare with me on this one...

Since the wallet 5dimes is sending the bitcoin to is anonymous, doesn't that put your account at great risk if someone was to access your account info? With all other payout options, the payout goes to YOUR NAME and your name only. (checks, **, etc)

Isn't it very possible for someone to steal your account info, and request a payout to their own personal bitcoin?
    If it's 'very possible' you are allowing your account info to be stolen you will have more than just this sort of problem.

But someone could only do that if they have access to send and receive your email as well as knowing your account login/password info.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If it's 'very possible' you are allowing your account info to be stolen you will have more than just this sort of problem.

But someone could only do that if they have access to send and receive your email as well as knowing your account login/password info.
    I haven't had anything stolen, I'm just cautious when it comes to my accounts/my money and like the protection of the money being sent to my name, and my name only.

But ok this makes sense. I imagine they only take these bitcoin requests via email. I was just thinking that live chat would be so easy for a scammer to request a payout through if they had your info. If you request them via email, it obviously makes it a tad more secure. Thanks for the response Optional.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    I haven't had anything stolen, I'm just cautious when it comes to my accounts/my money and like the protection of the money being sent to my name, and my name only.

But ok this makes sense. I imagine they only take these bitcoin requests via email. I was just thinking that live chat would be so easy for a scammer to request a payout through if they had your info. If you request them via email, it obviously makes it a tad more secure. Thanks for the response Optional.
    It's a good point you make though. It is easier than other methods for a 'hacker' to withdraw to.

masta bettor
    masta bettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    5Dimes bitcoin is back up as an option, at least it is in my cashier page (wasn't there last few days).

Bitcoin is showing as a deposit option in the cashier?

I don't have that option when I go to the cashier.

masta bettor

Does anyone here have bitcoin show as a deposit option in the 5Dimes cashier as of today?

I emailed epay and they told me its now available but it doesn't show up in the cashier.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by masta bettor View Post
    Does anyone here have bitcoin show as a deposit option in the 5Dimes cashier as of today?

I emailed epay and they told me its now available but it doesn't show up in the cashier.
    Under "Cashier" -> click "All Other Methods" -> click "Deposits" -> you should see the "Bitcoin deposit"

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    Under "Cashier" -> click "All Other Methods" -> click "Deposits" -> you should see the "Bitcoin deposit"
    YEah its not there on my account.

masta bettor

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    YEah its not there on my account.
    Same here.

This is what I see:

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Yeah, sorry, I only checked withdraw option (bitcoin option still there). I don't have it under deposit either.

shhhcago
    shhhcago's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Seems like bitcoin payouts should be within 15 minutes max. Why does a better book take longer than a less superior book. Certainly 5dimes has to be bigger than these bitcoin only books

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by shhhcago View Post
    Seems like bitcoin payouts should be within 15 minutes max. Why does a better book take longer than a less superior book. Certainly 5dimes has to be bigger than these bitcoin only books
    Your post makes no sense.

You're saying that dimes should process bitcoin withdrawals quicker than a bitcoin only book?

masta bettor

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Your post makes no sense.

You're saying that dimes should process bitcoin withdrawals quicker than a bitcoin only book?
    Sounds to me like he's saying they (5Dimes) shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to process a bitcoin withdrawal.

I agree. It shouldn't. It takes seconds for other books.

The cost to process a bitcoin transaction is pennies yet 5Dimes charges $10 for deposits less than $100.
    They charge for DEPOSITS.

Thats horrible.

Indeep

FYI: BTC withdrawals are back up at 5dimes. Max withdrawal has been lowered to 1k per 7 days unless you exclusively deposited with btc.

CanadianInTexas
    CanadianInTexas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1343

Doing my first ever one will let you know the timetable.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

5Crimes has fast become a clown book. Things that used to be handled in chat now you are told to send email in which it takes a while to get a response and the response says it may take up to 24-48 hrs in which you wait, only to be denied sometimes.

CanadianInTexas
    CanadianInTexas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1343

Took right around 24 hours

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianInTexas View Post
    Took right around 24 hours
    good to hear. Did you deposit also with btc

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    5Crimes has fast become a clown book. Things that used to be handled in chat now you are told to send email in which it takes a while to get a response and the response says it may take up to 24-48 hrs in which you wait, only to be denied sometimes.
    Very true. I remember the days they would have cash in your hands in less than 3 hours.