wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

prepaid load packs no longer an option

well they caught on to that fast. It was a great deposit and especially payout option while it lasted. You can no longer purchase the prepaid loadable packs that have the scratch off #s on the back. They have eliminated it completely and now you just bring the card to the register to reload it.

this is also a big blow for pay outs. Was great for payouts. sucks.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

The m o n e y gram xpre ss cards are no longer available at CVS anymore either

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bitcoin might start growing more and more with books

A lot of people swear by it

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Still have all the brands here at several stores.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    Still have all the brands here at several stores.
    they'll be gone soon.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    The m o n e y gram xpre ss cards are no longer available at CVS anymore either
    nope. only really places that have this stuff anymore is some of of the corner stores and bodegas

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

got email last week from a few books saying option no longer available

but they had another option listed

is that option gone now as well?

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    well they caught on to that fast. .
    It's because people were using them to scam people with it. They would have them purchase the scratch cards and give them the number promising to send them extra money back.

Now you have to have the physical card to load at the register. It will still work perfectly fine for deposits like you said...just not withdrawals.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

who in the penetrate would fall for that scam?

makes no sense

um send me 500

ill send you 1k

jfc

cloverfield

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    who in the penetrate would fall for that scam?

makes no sense

um send me 500

ill send you 1k

jfc
    Welcome to the world of the internets. Why do people send $3000 to scammers in Nigeria? They announced as early as last July that they would be doing away with the physical cards in 2015 due to scams.

Texans365
    Texans365's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Bitcoin is unbeatable money transfer system. Love it.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Time to stop telling people that bitcoin is the answer. It is not. Bitcoin users want it to be a prominent tool for their own benfit.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Time to stop telling people that bitcoin is the answer. It is not. Bitcoin users want it to be a prominent tool for their own benfit.
    I don't care if Bitcoin is worth under $1 or over $1000 but still want it to be a prominent tool.

It's a system that does not demand a huge fee to transfer funds and can stop the banking system leaching of the entire world's internet commerce.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

There has to be a less volatile option for a simple transfer of funds. And it is not anonymous either if I have to link my bank account or card to coinbase or circle.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    It's because people were using them to scam people with it. They would have them purchase the scratch cards and give them the number promising to send them extra money back.

Now you have to have the physical card to load at the register. It will still work perfectly fine for deposits like you said...just not withdrawals.

how would it still work for depos? there's no number to give to the book. they load the money directly onto the CC. no?

wagerjunkie

There has to be a less volatile option for a simple transfer of funds. And it is not anonymous either if I have to link my bank account or card to coinbase or circle.
    it is if your on TOR, I believe

Optional

As it matures volatility will fall in line with other currencies and whilst an inconvenience right now to need to move fast to cash in and out of it to avoid the recent changes, I doubt many (any?) people have ended up being caught out in a half hour period for a cost even approaching what P2P costs.

I don't think users can rely on anonymity either. And to become truly mainstream it will need to incorporate some sort of KYC element anyway.

Most countries it's legal to gamble from. All normal commerce in the US and everywhere else does not care about anonymity. It's a good thing for all that and will in turn cut the cost of all goods for us all.

wagerjunkie

as for someone who knows absolutely nothing about bitcoin...say I wanted to take a BC payout...I dont have bank account..how would I end up with cash in hand?

also if you could break it down the same scenario for deposit that would be nice. PM me if needed if u dont want this stuff in the open.

or is not possible without a bank account?

cloverfield

how would it still work for depos? there's no number to give to the book. they load the money directly onto the CC. no?
    no. you just load funds onto your card and deposit to the book like usual. maybe different books do it different ways. that's the way I always use it. I've never had to give the reload pack scratched off number to the book for a deposit.

Optional

as for someone who knows absolutely nothing about bitcoin...say I wanted to take a BC payout...I dont have bank account..how would I end up with cash in hand?

also if you could break it down the same scenario for deposit that would be nice. PM me if needed if u dont want this stuff in the open.

or is not possible without a bank account?
    It's just not as easy without a bank account.

Localbitcoins is an exchange where you can meet people face to face to exchange cash for bitcoins. Sounds a bit dangerous to me but a few people have posted about good experiences with it.

If you have a bitcoin ATM near you then you can take out cash that way.

I am sure there are other ways like buying with paypal etc, but I don't need to use any of them personally so havent looked into it.

EVfollower
    EVfollower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Moneypaks should never have been option. They're used by many ransomware products, russian mobsters and other illegal activities. If you look up moneypaks and bitcoins, A good friend of mine made $10,000 just from moving them and cashing them out for people...pay $400 for a $500 moneypak, repeat and rinse over 20 cards debit cards weekly... be quick tho they're reversible if funds aren't withdrawn right away.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    As it matures volatility will fall in line with other currencies and whilst an inconvenience right now to need to move fast to cash in and out of it to avoid the recent changes, I doubt many (any?) people have ended up being caught out in a half hour period for a cost even approaching what P2P costs.

I don't think users can rely on anonymity either. And to become truly mainstream it will need to incorporate some sort of KYC element anyway.

Most countries it's legal to gamble from. All normal commerce in the US and everywhere else does not care about anonymity. It's a good thing for all that and will in turn cut the cost of all goods for us all.
    I hope you are right.