Psylence
    Psylence's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 296

Betfred refusing to honour bet

I placed a bet months ago at www.betfred.com.au which is an offshoot of the UK version of betfred they were planning to start an Aussie version. They had a good price so i signed up and placed around $500 on Green Bay Packers to win the NFL superbowl at $15 with a possible $7500 payout. Packers are doing well now and are around the $5.5 mark.
    Betfred just decided they don't want to operate in Australia anymore and say they will cancel the bet and pay out the $500. They still havnt done this and is has been 2 weeks. Contacted the main UK site but no luck they just told me the same story. It's not like the company is going into liquidation and you think it would be going against the gambling licence they took out in Australia. Will be less painful if GB ends up not winning but it's not like they allow their bettors to cancel any bets like this. Still havnt seen any sign of refund either and support is non existant in australia and in the uk they dont seem to know whats happening.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

You might want to try reaching out to the Aussie regulator to see if they think that is allowable under their license. licensingcommission@nt.gov.au

Psylence
    Psylence's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 296

Sure i'll do that thanks for the help

Playon
    Playon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Betfred closed my account. No go for winning players. I rate it as D+ or D-.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13966

they should honor the bet.