Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Live Betting at 5 dimes is a scam

I dont know how many times that I have clicked enter on my bet, then had to wait 5 seconds for it to process and the line gets significantly worse (from the player's perspective) and the bet still goes thru. I cant back out of the line that they end up giving me. I literally click yes to one line, and they make me take another worse one. Also, many times there'll be a good line and you'll click enter - and then your bet does not even go thru because they'll say the line is not available.

I was wanting to use this feature to arbitrage NBA games (because they usually go back and forth thru out for a little while). Take +EV on the dog, and then take the best line on the favorite when they get behind. But since these jackoffs at 5 dimes wont let you get the lines that you think you are getting (when you click yes), its not even worth it.

Complete scam and they should be ashamed that they do business this way.

shinnman1
    shinnman1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

I use this feature all the time without issue, I do a lil arbing , also very in game hockey totals, are there other sites that offer the in game option

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

it always alerts me that the line has changed before bet confirmation.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

You CLEARLY have it set on "accept any price change." Turn that off, and you won't have this issue. They don't accept bets on lines that get worse UNLESS that option is selected.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave rangerz2478 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I dont know how many times that I have clicked enter on my bet, then had to wait 5 seconds for it to process and the line gets significantly worse (from the player's perspective) and the bet still goes thru. I cant back out of the line that they end up giving me. I literally click yes to one line, and they make me take another worse one. Also, many times there'll be a good line and you'll click enter - and then your bet does not even go thru because they'll say the line is not available.

I was wanting to use this feature to arbitrage NBA games (because they usually go back and forth thru out for a little while). Take +EV on the dog, and then take the best line on the favorite when they get behind. But since these jackoffs at 5 dimes wont let you get the lines that you think you are getting (when you click yes), its not even worth it.

Also, you are NOT arbing here. Arbing is making two simultaneous bets. You are trading, and HOPING to sell your bet later. This is not an arb, and people need to understand the difference. 5Dimes may be doing you a favor here.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave rangerz2478 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Great posts Rangerz

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Thats the very nature of live betting. The line changes after every play. Live Basketball Wagering the line changes literally every 5-8 seconds. Football and Baseball are slightly more forgiving.

They are not changing the line constantly to screw you...they are changing the line because the circumstances of the game/wagering action dictates it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

live betting is tough

best to be during stoppages and so many nowadays so a lot of chances to bet

Ironman07
    Ironman07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7984

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    You CLEARLY have it set on "accept any price change." Turn that off, and you won't have this issue. They don't accept bets on lines that get worse UNLESS that option is selected.

could you tell how to locate this option so as to disable. thanks

apple1234
    apple1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I've also used it before without any problems. I actually like the format. Keep in mind the odds adjust accordingly almost every second, so sometimes it may be hard to get the bet in

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman07 View Post
    could you tell how to locate this option so as to disable. thanks
    Put a bet in the bet slip. Uncheck "auto accept changes"

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post

There's another area where LIVE LINES are... during commercial break... click "straight bet" and then "Live In-Play"

It's a lot better.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    There's another area where LIVE LINES are... during commercial break... click "straight bet" and then "Live In-Play"

It's a lot better.
    But they don't offer the same games, and you can only bet during commercials. Big difference there.