firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fanduel to easy?

So my friend was telling me about this daily fantasy and I was interested, I'm always doing fantasy leagues but I hate waiting all season long to see where I place. So I signed up this Friday just did a bunch of 5-10$ games I went. 7/7 all different teams in 50/50 games basically you place top 50% of the lobby usually out of 40/80 people and you win 1.8x your money... Is this an easier way to profit because your competition is just other people instead of a bookie where the odds are with them?
    Points Awarded:

Courtesywipe gave firekillex 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    So my friend was telling me about this daily fantasy and I was interested, I'm always doing fantasy leagues but I hate waiting all season long to see where I place. So I signed up this Friday just did a bunch of 5-10$ games I went. 7/7 all different teams in 50/50 games basically you place top 50% of the lobby usually out of 40/80 people and you win 1.8x your money... Is this an easier way to profit because your competition is just other people instead of a bookie where the odds are with them?
    I discovered this site this season. I having been doing fantasy since 1992 and can't believe I was never aware of this same week fantasy stuff. It's like taking candy from a baby. As long as you stay away from tournaments20+ and stick with 50/50 or heads up you will win $$ if you have just a little clue. Best part it's government approved and you get paid next day with PayPal

jimmy007oc
    jimmy007oc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15040

i deposit 25$ since week 1. built up my bankroll up to 350$ by doing 50/50 league. Just cashed out 200$ last week, but they required my SSN for tax's purpose

firekillex

Same here, I was looking into it and seen this sites been up for a while now
    50/50 and h2h is definitely where the money is to be made, sucks when you come 1st out of 100 but long term profit I feel like it's not to hard to win 70% of these games... The paypal withdrawal next day is definitely a bonus to.

i may enter some tournaments with profit money once I a while to see if I can win some big $ but I enjoy doing a couple 50/50s every night I could see this being pretty profitable. The refer system looks pretty good to, might have to get some friends into it, you guys do that at all ?

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1030

The juice on these sites is huge. Instead of playing at -105 at these sites, in effect you're playing at -125.

Now granted there may be some dead money in there to offset that absurd rake a little, but there are also quants who have quit their jobs to play DFS and they are probably miles ahead of you.

Bottom line: IMO not worth it.

I'll also mention that when I was researching this the best information I found were the books written by Jonathan Bales.

firekillex

Typically every book I've seen the neutral line is -110, for high stakes I could see your point bookie. But for fun play $100-200 every week of play I see fanduel having a bigger advantage. Of course in the $1000 games the players are a much higher skill with lower amounts of people in the lobby which would decrease odds but I'm playing more 40-80 person lobbies. Went 8/9 this weekend and my only strategy was to make a balanced team, feels like taking candy from a baby

Manonthecouch
    Manonthecouch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I go up and down using all fantasy aspects (50/50 and tourny) it has been fun though. Hoping I am more that double at the end of the season for the withdraw.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

its ok but the pros win most of the money

They have math models and have tremendous edge over most players

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

I do gpps and have won over 20k the last few months

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

i just joined a few weeks ago and love it; have been doing season long fantasy leagues for a long time, and this is really exciting compared to it.

ive been playing very low level 50/50's and throwing a buck on the big tourneys each day.

for those that have had long term success, any tips for a new daily player?

in cash games i try to stay away from the 10k + players and instead take good 7-8k players with little risk. the results have been mixed thus far in the nba. NFL im up a little.

in tourneys it seems to win the whole thing, you take 1 or 2 heavy studs and then a bunch of low level 4-5k players with lots of upside. the goal for me in these tourneys is to place high/win - not just squeak into the money.