thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

directbet bitbcoin is very good

I tried this bitcoin book and it was excellent. they actually have in play horse racing . U don't have to register any thing , just where u want the winnings paid to. I think the max wager is 1 bit, but overall I love there setup. It is probably the only place where americans can bet on horses in play( u.k. tracks)

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Yep, good book by most accounts but man their website could use some cosmetic work.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

How close to post time should you send your funds? I mean if you are sending from a wallet, how long does it take to get in direct bet system?

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15362

A problem with DirectBet is that acceptance or rejection of a bet is dependent upon the time the bitcoins leave your wallet until they hit the blockchain. There are delays at times. This means that you may not know if your bet is accepted or rejected until the game goes final. During this time you cannot cancel your wager.

There have also been problems on the other end. The bitcoins have left your wallet and hit the blockchain but there is a delay in DirectBet's wallet. Once again, you cannot cancel the bet but have to wait until the bitcoins reach DirectBet to know if the bet is accepted or rejected.

There are other problems with DirectBet.

DirectBet
    Sometimes, although rarely, when you transfer a bet using the BlockChain.info wallet it does not arrive to your bet address instantly, despite the fact that you get a transaction ID for the transfer and you see it on their website.

The reason for this is because the transfer was not broadcasted to the Bitcoin network due to a technical problem on BlockChain.info.

As a result, you need to rebroadcast the transfer manually. Otherwise, your transfer will eventually get rebroadcasted automatically, but this may take some time, anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 10-08-14 at 11:29 PM.

raiders72001

DirectBet also has the largest hold of all the bitcoin and fiat books.

• Series Winner

• KC +108/ Bal -192

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

yeah directbet isnt bad - its tough to get lines most the time - american football most the time you can only get money lines or limited amount of games but they pay right to your wallet as soon as game is official so they keep no balance

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    A problem with DirectBet is that acceptance or rejection of a bet is dependent upon the time the bitcoins leave your wallet until they hit the blockchain. There are delays at times. This means that you may not know if your bet is accepted or rejected until the game goes final. During this time you cannot cancel your wager.

There have also been problems on the other end. The bitcoins have left your wallet and hit the blockchain but there is a delay in DirectBet's wallet. Once again, you cannot cancel the bet but have to wait until the bitcoins reach DirectBet to know if the bet is accepted or rejected.

There are other problems with DirectBet.

DirectBet
    Not sure what you mean by this. Once sent to the receiving address the bitcoin transaction should hit the blockchain instantly. The delays are for confirmations, especially if not paying a miner fee.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this. Once sent to the receiving address the bitcoin transaction should hit the blockchain instantly. The delays are for confirmations, especially if not paying a miner fee.
    Unfortunately paying a miner's fee doesn't help you with DirectBet in this situation. With a book such as Nitrogen, the money hits your account before any confirmations. Of course you can't withdrawal before confirmations but you can wager while waiting for conformations.

I didn't explain it very well. Here's what happened with a player

Pharaoh
    Can you explain why sometimes it takes forever to say you received the bet? It's very frustrating with live betting. Blockchain recorded my bet at 6:25, but it still hasn't been confirmed or assigned odds 7 minutes later. So much can change in 7 minutes and sometimes you are instant, some times you arent?

https://blockchain.info/address/1GcL...dyjFW98cnBqgR/

20 minutes this is ridiculous. The match will be decided before the bet gets processed and there is no way for me to cancel out. I just have to accept whatever you give me when you decide to accept the bet? This is unnacceptable :-/

DirectBet
    Another thing to note here is that since your wallet is BlockChain.info, the time that you see in the link above is the time in which you initiated the transfer. However, this is not the time in which it was sent, the transfer was broadcasted in a delay, you can confirm that by looking at a 3rd party block chain explorer :

The players use of the term "confirmation" is in reference to whether the bet is accepted or rejected. It doesn't pertain to bitcoin transfer confirmations.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 10-09-14 at 06:53 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How long is this place been around and it seems it's European geared

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How long is this place been around and it seems it's European geared
    They have been opened a little less than 10 months.

One thing that is worrisome about DirectBet is that they are a 2 man shop. The other books that made it 10 months expanded their operations and added a larger staff. Although most start off with 1 or 2 men, by 10 months they had expanded.

With the exception of Coinbet, all the books that have gone under with player's funds were 1 or 2 man shops that hadn't expanded. Here are the small shops to go under:

BlockBet
    Bitcoinlivebets
    Bit365
    StakeBTC
    Coinbet
    Last edited by raiders72001; 10-09-14 at 06:48 AM.