housenuts
    housenuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

5dimes processes transfer twice - won't refund

I booked a trade with someone I don't know. They sent me money on a poker site, I sent them money on 5Dimes. The 5dimes transfer did not go through. I talked to live chat, they told me the email was never received and to send it again. I did. The transfer was then processed twice. They refuse to give me a refund even though they admit to telling me to send the email again and that unfortunately the operator did not notice it was a duplicate request when he should have. Below are the chat logs:

5d1788147: Hi, I sent in an email an hour and a half ago to have funds transferred to another ago
    5d1788147: I was told it would only take 30-45 minutes
    Joe: Can you please confirm your account number and password?
    5d1788147: It still has not happened
    Joe: Can you please confirm your account number and password?
    5d1788147: 5D1788147
    5d1788147: xxxxxxxxx
    Joe: Thanks! What email address did you sent it from?
    5d1788147:
    info@5dimes.eu
    Joe: Perfect, and which did you sent it from?
    5d1788147: xxxxxxx@hotmail.com
    Joe: Let me check it with the department in charge, one moment please.
    Joe: I am sorry, the department in charge told me that the email was never received, can you please double check the spelling and resend the email?
    5d1788147: ok i will resend it
    5d1788147:
    info@5dimes.eu
    5d1788147: ??
    Joe: Correct.
    5d1788147: I sent it again
    Joe: Ok, let me check with the department in charge, one moment please.
    5d1788147: ok
    Joe: The department in charge just told me that the they just received the email and will take care of it as soon as possible.
    5d1788147: ok thanks
    Joe: You're welcome.
    Joe: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    5d1788147: how long do we expect?
    Joe: There is a long queue at this moment and our department in charge is working as fast as possible, I don't have a time frame for you. My apologies.
    5d1788147: hmmm. Gaby told me 30-45 minutes

I get an email shortly thereafter indicating the transfer was processed twice.

Jane: Welcome to our online Customer Service! How may I assist you today?
    5d1788147: Hi. I was speaking with George earlier
    5d1788147: He told me to speak to a manager after 9am EST
    Jane: Good morning
    Jane: Can you please confirm your account number and password?
    5d1788147: 5D1788147
    5d1788147: xxxxxxxxx
    Jane: May I know what this is regards to?
    5d1788147: I transfer to another user was processed twice yesterday
    5d1788147: So I need to be refunded $110
    Jane: I see, thank you.
    Jane: Allow me a moment.
    5d1788147: Ok thanks
    Jane: You're welcome.
    Jane: I'm reviewing the information with the manager in charge but we are in a high queue right now, please bear with me.
    5d1788147: Ok
    5d1788147: I will wait
    5d1788147: I have a copy of the chat history with Joe, but I assume you do as well.
    Jane: Thank you, yes I saw it.
    Jane: I will give you the manager in charge, one moment please
    Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Armando'.
    You are now chatting with 'Armando'
    Armando: Greetings
    5d1788147: Hi Armando
    Armando: I already reviewed your account.
    5d1788147: Ok
    Armando: I was able to determine that indeed 2 transfers got processed after receiving 2 emails with basically the same request
    5d1788147: Yes it happened twice. It should have only happened once.
    Armando: Unfortunately the operator did not notice that he was dealing with the same request and should contact you back before processing the second transfer. However he didn't and you ended up with 2 transfers instead of 1 that was what you were looking for
    5d1788147: Yes it was unfortunate
    Armando: About getting a refund from us, the answer is no. We cannot reimburse your account for one of these transfers. You'll need to contact the account holder for the account number 5D2147255 and basically ask him to pay back one of these transfers
    5d1788147: K wait
    5d1788147: Joe, the chat representative told me to send the email again. I did.
    5d1788147: You just told me the operator made a mistake.
    5d1788147: Two errors by 5dimes.
    5d1788147: Why am I not getting a refund?
    Armando: Because we cannot reimburse you for a duplicate transfer to one of your friends. The only person who can do this, is your friend
    5d1788147: 5dimes made a mistake, and should be liable for it.
    5d1788147: Why don't you just take it back from the 5D2147255 account and put it in mine.
    5d1788147: That person is not my friend. I don't expect to be able to get it back from them.
    Armando: We ended up processing a duplicate transfer after receiving 2 different emails, Mr. xxxx
    Armando: The second request should it be double checked but unfortunately that was not the case.
    5d1788147: Yes. Your rep on chat told me to send the email again.
    5d1788147: The email was not double checked.
    5d1788147: It was 5dimes fault this error occurred.
    5d1788147: It should refund the $110 to my account.
    Armando: The decision about not given you a refund is final. If you like to get one of these transfers back, you need to contact the account holder for the account in question
    5d1788147: I will copy and paste the chat here.
    5d1788147: can I speak to Tony
    Armando: No need. We keep records for every conversation via phone call and chats
    5d1788147: Joe: I am sorry, the department in charge told me that the email was never received, can you please double check the spelling and resend the email?
    Armando: The general manager is not available at this moment. However I am quite sure this decision will not be any different even if you chat with Tony
    5d1788147: I just don't understand this.
    5d1788147: You have admitted two errors by 5dimes yet will not refund the money.
    Armando: You know what you have to do in order to get one of these transfers back
    5d1788147: Yes, but I don't expect that to happen. I don't know that account holder. He will not pay me back.
    5d1788147: I have seen previous instances in gambling forums of poor customer service by 5dimes. I will have to add this to the list.
    Armando: If you don't know the account holder, why are you making account to account transfers with him? What's the deal behind this transfer?
    5d1788147: Because he wanted money on 5dimes and I wanted money on another site, so we decided to swap.
    Armando: You may contact him back same way you did before and ask him to reimburse the funds. That's your only solution at this point
    5d1788147: That's a poor solution and terrible customer service
    5d1788147: When is Tony available?
    Armando: He doesn't have a fixed schedule. I cannot tell you the time in which he will be available
    Armando: Yet again I am quite sure having a chat with him, will not make any difference.
    5d1788147: Yes I am also quite sure of that as I've become all too familiar with 5dimes' poor customer service.

Last edited by housenuts; 10-01-14 at 10:19 AM.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13978

ask the person to send you the $110 back in your 5dimes account. if that doesn't work then get SBR involved if he/she will not fix this mistake by 5dimes. i'm sure this will get fixed but it should have been done right away by 5dimes. it is their mistake not yours. but now you have to fix it one way or the other. this is the kind of thing that just should not happen. shit happens all the time, things go wrong. but it's is how it is resolved that is important and this time the mistake was not fixed as fast as it should have been. i think once tony sees what happened he will adjust your account. but i get how you feel--should have been adjusted by now.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993419

Hello housenuts,

Thanks for sharing. We'll ask 5Dimes management to take a look.

housenuts

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    ask the person to send you the $110 back in your 5dimes account. if that doesn't work then get SBR involved if he/she will not fix this mistake by 5dimes. i'm sure this will get fixed but it should have been done right away by 5dimes. it is their mistake not yours. but now you have to fix it one way or the other. this is the kind of thing that just should not happen. shit happens all the time, things go wrong. but it's is how it is resolved that is important and this time the mistake was not fixed as fast as it should have been. i think once tony sees what happened he will adjust your account. but i get how you feel--should have been adjusted by now.
    yes I have asked them but have not heard back in 27 hours. I don't know them. We just met on a message board because he wanted 5dimes money and I wanted money to another site.

One of the reps I talked to asked me why the other person gambled the money if it technically didn't belong to them. Based on this I have a feeling they gambled it and lost. Armando would not confirm for me whether or not the other user still had the money in their account.

I asked to speak to Tony. I was told he's not available and was also told that it was unlikely Tony would fix the problem.

thanks SBR for looking into this.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993419

Hi housenuts,

We spoke with 5D. In disputes involving player transfers, both the sender & receiver must contact 5Dimes. Please ask for Tony; if he's not available, try again later. You have to be more careful, especially sending funds to someone you do not know. The account transfer option is there as a convenience and should be used responsibly; this wouldn't happen with a buddy you were watching the game with.

housenuts

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Hi housenuts,

We spoke with 5D. In disputes involving player transfers, both the sender & receiver must contact 5Dimes. Please ask for Tony; if he's not available, try again later. You have to be more careful, especially sending funds to someone you do not know. The account transfer option is there as a convenience and should be used responsibly; this wouldn't happen with a buddy you were watching the game with.
    Thanks. I get that it's there as a convenience. I did all steps asked for by 5dimes.

1) I spoke with chat to ask how to do a transfer. Was told to email them my account # and password, and the recipient's account # and name.

2) I sent the email.

3) The transfer did not happen. I spoke with chat to ask how long it would take. I was told the email was not received and to resend it.

4) I resent the email.

5) The transfer then occurred twice.

6) I messaged the other user asking for the money back. Did not receive a response.

7) Still had no response in the morning. I spoke with 5d this morning.

8) Was told by them it was their error but I could not be refunded.

9) I have continued to try to get in touch with this other user. I am not hopeful.

10) 5dimes made a series of errors, I followed their instructions, I am being punished.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Knowing I would probably be screwed if transfer went through twice by mistake, I would have demonstrated more patience by waiting 24 hours before contacting 5D's. Hopefully Tony or the stranger you sent it to will do the right thing & return funds, but it's unlikely. Good luck.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I hope you get paid, but I bet you won't. You screw up --> you pay for it. a book screws up --> you pay for it. They are taking after our good ole US govt.

That is pathetic that these books can make all the mistakes they want and the onus is on the players. I once got a name from Heritage, and sent from another name other than my own (which is completely allowed). Was told after I sent funds (within like 5 minutes mind you) that the name they gave me to send to was no longer available, and I had to go get a refund (which was impossible). It was for small potatoes too, but it was their mistake, and after going back and forth for hours I think they gave me a free play worth about 10% of what was lost. I've barely played there since I was a medium sized player who dumped a lot of money in their site for years and years. American books are garbage. They won't get away with this behavior anymore with bitcoin books coming along. The gravy train will soon be over for them, and they will actually have to start dealing with competition and not running the biz like an oligopoly.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Book admits to the mistake, but can't do anything about it?
    Makes no sense, but it's probably because the other guy already blew through the cash.

Good luck.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Hi housenuts,

Total horsesh*t and somewhat condescending. Blame the victim for the actions of the book. Of course one should be careful transacting with someone they don't know, but that's where the liability should end. If player A transfers money to player B's account and player B doesn't reciprocate then all blame is on player A. That didn't happen. The book was careless, it was their fault and their fault only. Poster only followed their instructions. This should have been corrected within 5 minutes.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ted Sheckler, and damakhun

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Total horsesh*t and somewhat condescending. Blame the victim for the actions of the book. Of course one should be careful transacting with someone they don't know, but that's where the liability should end. If player A transfers money to player B's account and player B doesn't reciprocate then all blame is on player A. That didn't happen. The book was careless, it was their fault and their fault only. Poster only followed their instructions. This should have been corrected within 5 minutes.

Seems fairly simple. Even went to live chat and the book told him to try again.

5dimes still the best book for US, just deposit and receive payouts, leave all the other BS on the side and the book is best one around.

housenuts

Tony refunded it. Kudos to Tony. Was a tiresome process to have to speak to 3 reps and then Tony to get it resolved, but I am happy.

T4TRUTH
    T4TRUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Interesting topic. The book does not deserve blame, the client does. simply this. The player went to look for player transfer as was awaiting one, did not receive it so submitted email again. So wait would be option 1, or in the second email be clear as to "this is my second attempt at this, can you please disregard my first attempt as the email did not seem to reach you" or something of this nature could have alerted the customer service to keep an eye out for a second one. But it is with the client to keep their instructions clear, if you copy and paste the same email then yes how is anyone to determine it is duplicate or mistake. It can be genuine to be sending more money to a friends account and when receiving the second email , think oh yes this player has done this before so obviously nothing wrong here. But again we have HASTE MAKES WASTE. you should have waited and not think to be faultless in this situation.
    If you order steak and it comes out bloody as hell do you get mad with the restaurant because you did not order it to be well done? I do not know looking to place blame on the clerk or the cs rep does not sit well, take responsibility for YOUR OWN UNCLEAR INSTRUCTIONS. or just throw money around and do not complain after the fact.

EASY SOLUTION, contact the guy and tell him transfer money back to you or you are stuck with your own error. Making it sound like they did it to you is incorrect , they followed your instructions clearly, negligence with you 90%

housenuts

T4Truth that was a very poorly written post.

The player went on chat to ask how long the transfer would take. The player was instructed by chat that the email was not received and to send it again. The player followed these directions and sent the email again.

The transfer was then processed twice. The player was told the transfer operator should have noted it was a duplicate request, but failed to do so.

The player simply followed instructions given to it by various chat reps. If told by a chat rep to send an email again, it seems implied that there would be some sort of process in place to prevent duplicate processing. After the incident a manager even stated the operator should have noticed but didn't.

Your steak analogy is especially bad. A better analogy would be this:

You order a steak at a restaurant. It does not come. You ask the waiter where your steak is. They go back to the kitchen and bring you two steaks and charge you for both.

Regardless, Tony fixed the issue. We can move on.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by housenuts View Post
    Tony refunded it. Kudos to Tony. Was a tiresome process to have to speak to 3 reps and then Tony to get it resolved, but I am happy.
    Good news

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

both to blame.

If you're doing transfers with people you don't know.. you're asking for it point blank.

just goes to show you his character if he took the extra funds and never got back in touch with you.

let me guess he went on vacation the day after he got the extra $100 in his 5Dimes account... you'll be lucky if he doesn't find another way to troll you a few weeks from now

housenuts

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    both to blame.

If you're doing transfers with people you don't know.. you're asking for it point blank.

just goes to show you his character if he took the extra funds and never got back in touch with you.

let me guess he went on vacation the day after he got the extra $100 in his 5Dimes account... you'll be lucky if he doesn't find another way to troll you a few weeks from now
    I disagree.

Say he sent me the money via cheque and I sent him the money on 5Dimes. If his cheque bounces, I would not expect 5Dimes to refund me the money.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

You made the right moves. Post here before you talk to Tony, then talk to Tony after you get the public to agree with you. If you ask Tony first he would have said no, and he is too proud to take it back afterwards because of a post here. He says he doesn't care what the boards do, but he is a businessman so it is silly to actually believe that. Congrats!

housenuts

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    You made the right moves. Post here before you talk to Tony, then talk to Tony after you get the public to agree with you. If you ask Tony first he would have said no, and he is too proud to take it back afterwards because of a post here. He says he doesn't care what the boards do, but he is a businessman so it is silly to actually believe that. Congrats!
    Well I did try to talk to Tony first. But he wasn't available. It all worked out and Tony seemed like a fine fellow in my only dealing with him.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Tony is a good guy and reasonable. If you try to f*ck with him or his book then he turns into another person.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13978

glad it worked out. don't think tony cares about what people think or say in forums. he just seems to be fair. unless he thinks you tried to steal from him.