JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

1Vice Bonus 40% cash, 60% cash 0 rollover...sketchy rules

This is the offer:

Deposit $300 or more, get 40% bonus no rollover
    Deposit $700 or more, get 60% bonus no rollover

Fine print:
    NO PAYOUTS for first 30 days. **You must have an active account with 1Vice during the entire 30 day period and have NORMAL BETTING PATTERN during that time period (meaning you are not permitted to just allow the account to sit and wait for the 30 days to be up and then ask for a payout) NORMAL BETTING PATTERN!
    After the 30 days the account will be reviewed by our accounting dept. to verify that all stipulations have been met should a payout be requested.

It seems sketchy to me TBH until they clear up the fine print. The wording of the fine print about reviewing the betting pattern could mean anything at that point. And what of new accounts with no betting pattern? How are they supposed to be compared? I hope this doesn't turn into one of those situations where they boot everyone or at worst a fast cash grab.

The risk vs reward is great and I know some guys will jump on this because they have had no payout issues. But until they clear up those fine print rules i'm not playing it...for those with more risk tolerence if you're going to do it better be 1st in que for the payout.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave JoeyBagels 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DimSum
    DimSum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7388

1Vice has been great so far but i rather take regular bonus with rollover and no hold
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave DimSum 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

there's just no reason to play there when you have better options like 5dimes, topbet, betonline

these guys are bush league. don't risk your funds

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

1Vice is a good rec book there is a lot to like about them. My guess is they don't want hit and run players which no rollovers typically bring. Agree with Dim if fineprint worries you take a regular bonus with rollover.

xpress
    On lockdown
    xpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

only 3 weeks into the football season and already the signs of desperation for deposits?
    Points Awarded:

Courtesywipe gave xpress 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TopNotch
    TopNotch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

These guys have always paid me quickly. $700 today and had the info within a couple hours. Griff's always trying out new promos - this one may seem a bit ambiguous but I certainly wouldn't say it's because they're "desperate" for deposits.

aortega521
    aortega521's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

Griffin has always been up front with me. If your posting about it then it has caught your interest. As for calling the bonus sketchy, just call and ask and get your answers from the man himself. Asking questions to posters on here who don't know doesn't help your situation. Like me, there are a few posters here that know 1 V i c e is a great book. I've tried many other books and could not be happier I found this great shop.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave aortega521 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15294

I've had the same interactions with Griffin as others but this promo has problem written all over it. Rules have to be in place for this promo.

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Only positive things to say about 1V, especially the lightning fast payouts.

aortega521

1 VICE is the place to be fellas. If you want a place where you will feel comfortable then play at their book. Best decision I ever made

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

I have no problems with the 1vice and have recommended them to posters in the past. The difference is that all the other promotions they have run so far have clear cut rules regarding RO and cashing out. Both parties understand the terms before taking a bonus. If they want to limit players or boot them that's their perogative too and I think it's prudent to do so if I was running a book.

That being said I have a problem with the fine print of THIS promotion because it's so ambiguous. Any punter is literally at their mercy when it comes time for a payout. I would have a problem with ANY book that offered such a promotion even if it was pinnacle, 5 dimes, heritage because it's so vague. Vagueness only helps the party who has the money, not the other way around.

Imagine pinnacle offering up this promotion and I phone them up and get the "exact" terms from a CS rep. Then I go to cashout and maybe they don't like that I'm up on them and revoke the bonus. What is the recourse? I could say that a CS rep told me the conditions and they should honor it but they could just shrug it off and say the information I received was wrong and maybe since I'm up i have to give them more action before I can cashout.

They are offering $420 of EV on a $700 deposit but only if you meet their criteria of a "normal" betting pattern which could mean anything. This throws off red flags for me and it's why I warn punters to understand the risk they take if they do go for this promotion UNTIL the fine print is cleared up.
    Last edited by JoeyBagels; 09-24-14 at 11:01 AM.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 223

Been thinking of depositing here but it's damn near 50/50 split on good reviews and horror stories.

I will still ponder I guess

aortega521

Just call and ask 1 V i c e is number one in my book. I've been with them for years and do not regret it.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

I like 1V. They have tons of betting options, and they keep their limits low to mitigate risk. But this promo will be nothing but trouble for them, IMO. The last thing a smaller book like they are needs is Forumville problems, and the way this promo is worded will cause that the first time someone is denied a payout because they didn't follow their "normal betting pattern".

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Quote Originally Posted by lesterdymond View Post
    Been thinking of depositing here but it's damn near 50/50 split on good reviews and horror stories.

I will still ponder I guess
    All I can say is Griff has proven to run a stand up shop where as the "great" Betonline has not in almost identical situations. 5 Dimes and Heritage with their reduced juice are the best shops IMO, but if your looking for a lesser known rec shop with early lines, good variety, and good customer service 1Vice is worth a look.