Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27666

One more payment option bites the dust.

C L I C K 2 P A Y is closing, if anyone used it. I used it rarely but it came in handy a few times.

Email: Dear C L I C K 2 P A Y User,

C L I C K 2 P A Y has been on the market for the past 10 years. We would like to thank you for your loyalty throughout those years.

In light of recent advances in the payments industry, we have taken the decision to discontinue our product C L I C K 2 P A Y. We therefore terminate herewith your C L I C K 2 P A Y contract by October 1st 2014. Please note that after this time it will not be possible to access your C L I C K 2 P A Y account. We kindly ask you to transfer any remaining balance to a registered C L I C K 2 P A Y Merchant.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

No indication of closure on the main page of their website.

Send all your funds to a merchant? Why aren't they telling you to withdraw back to your bank account?

Krashman

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    No indication of closure on the main page of their website.

Send all your funds to a merchant? Why aren't they telling you to withdraw back to your bank account?
    Interesting points, and I also notice they do not address me by name or account number.

Yet the email appears legitimate as it uses the proper c l i c k 2 p a y customer service email address service@***.com and there are no other links in the email. Why spoof without sending you a link to a fake website or fake email?

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

If you hit the " reply" button to their e-mail, does the address it's going to be sent to look legit?

Canuckdave
    Canuckdave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I received the same email as well about the closing. I had an account open but never used it thou.

Krashman

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    If you hit the " reply" button to their e-mail, does the address it's going to be sent to look legit?
    Yup same customer service address.

Anyway, I have not used it since 08, no funds in there.

Does not seem to be of much concern, it's more popular for funding poker rooms anyway.

whatever....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not really a popular method for non-USA players I think C&B is a little more popular