GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

is betting shop same as online?

I live in Canada so I don't have betting shop here like Ladbrokes, William Hill, Coral, Betfred, etc. I wonder how betting shop works, are betting shops same as their online site? Are the line the same, are the limit the same, or the market totally different?

It would be so cool to make a bet & collect the winning right away. No waiting, no exchange rate, no withdrawal fee, no time wasted on docu verification process. Anyone with experience with betting shop, I would love to hear your experience. thank you.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

They differ from company to company

Ladbrokes hills coral and paddypower if you bet online you can collect in shop pretty much straight away

Vise versa you can deposit money in the shop and bet online

Only difference is if you deposit online via your bank card etc you have to withdraw that way which take 3/5 days

Not all markets are availble in shop my advice is deposit in shop with cash bet online then go back to shop and collect

Only drawback is you can only withdraw 500 a day maximum
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave shaunovery 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GigaOuts gave shaunovery 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shaunovery

There are limits in shop but as there's so many shops ion the high street there's way round it

For example near where I live in London paddy power has 5 shops within 10 minute walk of each other

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you bet bases in a shop in UK and win 5k for the day can you collect it all at once the next day??

superhans
    superhans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If you bet bases in a shop in UK and win 5k for the day can you collect it all at once the next day??
    Pretty much. Depends on how much they've pad out though. If they dont have it, it will be there the next day for you.

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

Unibet & Ladbrokes limit me to virtual $0 on ufc/mma ml, how do betting shop limit player? Couldn't you get your friend & family to bet for you? How do they prevent this loophole?

shaunovery

Off course you can get friends and family to bet for you

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

Some companies have generally the same odds online as in the shops - Paddy Power being an example. Others may be rather different, such as William Hill and Ladbrokes, although if you ask for something a bit out of the mainstream then they will generally give you the odds from online.

They know when they have a good price available in the shops but particularly from Premier League they may keep the price but cut the limit. In some shops you have sight of the staff PTL screens although I wouldn't advise staring long at them (!)

Most shops are not used to taking sizeable bets though - the average bet in a shop is £10, and there are a lot of people sat in there all afternoon nursing 10p Yankees and the suchlike. (Some shops are more like social clubs - my local Lads in the afternoon is like a club for retired Irishmen.)

Individuals can get monitored if they suspect you are sharp.

If you have a large win into 4 figures there is a chance the shop won't have the cash available right at the time you go as the safes are on timelocks, but they can arrange for it to be set aside for you to pick up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good stuff here men

I wish someone would make video of going inside and giving us a tour