MicMick
    MicMick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Are live rules higher than general rules ?

Hello guys

I have a problem with a bet I made this morningnd I would lik to knof you think that the book is right :
    I wanted to bet on a Zheng's victory against Suarez-Navarr but as I'm not sure about that, I have prefered waiting for live betting. I bet before the end of the first set. Zheng won the first set and Suarez Navarro retired after 1 game in the second set.

My book is Betrebels an their rules are
    " 11. Tennis - general rules
    If one of the players retires after the end of the first set, the opponent will be considered the winner. Selections on the exact number of games, sets or any other speciality relative to the match will be considered null."
    So I thought my bet will be winning

But they void it !!! When I saw that, I asked them why and they answered that rule :
    " 23.5

Tennis Live
    a) Bets in Real Time: In the case that a meeting has started but not completed, bets will be considered void, unless after the beginning of the meeting a player is disqualified. In this case, for betting purposes, the player progressing to the next round or to whom is attributed the victory will be the winner."

So live rules are opposite to general rules. Is there clean ? Do you think they should consider my bet as a winning bet ?

Sorry for my English (I'm French) and thanks for your reply

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

This is how it is for most live betting. The rule makes sense too, otherwise you could make a killing just watching for serious injuries and hammering the opponent. It won't feel good that you're on this side this time but it'll probably even out long term with you saving $ when your player retires due to an unfortunate injury when live betting.

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Had your opponent been disqualified, you would have won your bet, but, since he retired early due to injury, your bet is void.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Yeah it's normal rules. I think part of the reason is that it would invite too much match rigging if you could effectively bet on an injured player retiring live.

I don't think you would be paid at any book.