Kopmeister
    Kopmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

William Hill Refund

Having made some money on WH, I went to do a withdrawal, then I get hit with this ID crap, I mean its not like I used a CC which requires the user to be 18 or above. Now I understand that ID is required i however do not feel comfortable with the company having passport, driving licence etc (regardless of size or reputation) so I though I may as well stop wasting time and ask for a refund because I really dont want to do the ID stuff. However they still ask for an ID for a refund! All I want is my original deposit back (not even a huge amount). Its not even like I've lost money, I am in profit. Its simple what I want yet they complicate it. So tell me guys am I screwed or is there a way to convince them or soothing?
    Thanks

Kopmeister

Bump

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

so, you're an admitted gnome then ?

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993425

Hi Kop,

Thanks for writing.

You will have to produce the ID to verify your account, even if your intention is to immediately make a withdrawal. It is a standard request.

Kopmeister

I don't understand why though, I just want my money back, the effort exact same amount. It makes no sense

dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Kopmeister View Post
    Having made some money on WH, I went to do a withdrawal, then I get hit with this ID crap, I mean its not like I used a CC which requires the user to be 18 or above. Now I understand that ID is required i however do not feel comfortable with the company having passport, driving licence etc (regardless of size or reputation) so I though I may as well stop wasting time and ask for a refund because I really dont want to do the ID stuff. However they still ask for an ID for a refund! All I want is my original deposit back (not even a huge amount). Its not even like I've lost money, I am in profit. Its simple what I want yet they complicate it. So tell me guys am I screwed or is there a way to convince them or soothing?
    Thanks
    Welcome to the real world.
    As soon as you deposit funds with a bookmaker, he has control over these funds.
    He is not your friend and he is not there to smile at you and do what you want him to do.

Bookmakers are obliged to follow certain rules and regulations, which thankfully in most cases means they cannot run away with your money but on the other hand they cannot issue a withdrawal or even a refund without having certain documentation received from you first.

They say it's for "money laundering" purposes but honestly they do that because if you don't supply that information they might be able to hold those funds and not issue the funds back to you.

I think if you care about this amount of money (I'm not sure how much is it?) - then send them a scan of your ID and ask for the FULL withdrawal back, do not agree for them to keep your winnings!
    If it's a very small amount (like $10) - if you worry too much about your privacy then just let it go ... but my suggestion is to get this money back regardless.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Send docs son

Make it easy on yourself

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

Don't bother signing up to any other books because every single book out there at the bare minimum requires ID documentation. Some jurisdictions require by law that the book confirm Identity documents within the first two days of opening account because of underage gambling. Ladbrokes for example will shut down your account if they have not received these documents in the first two days until you get around to sending them.

Kopmeister

I suppose I'll just gamble the money carelessly because I refuse to give any ID. Still can't believe they can't give a refund without any fuss. Ahh well thanks guys

cmatuna
    cmatuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92

Every site does this bro. You would do too it if you ran one of these sites. All your id and stuff is out there for people to see NO matter what. You should know the rules and regulations and how they do the payouts before you come on the site. The site didnt ask you to play on it you went ahead yourself. But in all honesty i really wouldnt worry about it you should be playing and having fun.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by cmatuna View Post
    Every site does this bro. You would do too it if you ran one of these sites. All your id and stuff is out there for people to see NO matter what. You should know the rules and regulations and how they do the payouts before you come on the site. The site didnt ask you to play on it you went ahead yourself. But in all honesty i really wouldnt worry about it you should be playing and having fun.
    With a small exception.
    If you live in the UK, registered in the electoral vote, and have a credit-card registered in the same address - if you sign-up to most of the UK bookmakers they won't ask you for a thing.

cmatuna

Wow! That's cool! We got it so tough in north america lol.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by cmatuna View Post
    Wow! That's cool! We got it so tough in north america lol.
    I'm sorry you guys do ... I have registered with tons of bookmakers, deposited and made withdrawals and not a single document was required from me.

cmatuna

Lol, that's nuts. Every site ive been on they ask for it. Takes a day or two but its alright.

Kopmeister

I know I should have checked but in all seriousness I don't see why they can't do it. Just a refund that's all

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I don't understand why though, I just want my money back, the effort exact same amount. It makes no sense
    asking for a refund = withdrawal -> ID check

Kopmeister

Boo for ID checks. Anyways if anything changes I guess I'll keep uiu all updated (if anyone cares)

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Standard procedure for Euro books

Kopmeister

They just closed the account. What happens to the money? Are they allowed to just keep the money?

Kopmeister

Although I did just say something to my CC, they said would try to get the money back. Maybe they have and WH have closed the account. Just checked online and I havent been recredited it yet

dance1959
    dance1959's Avatar Become A Pro!

They should keep money in my opinion if you dont want to show them documents.
    Ill tell you why i think so.Because in my opinion you are possible gnome.

superhans
    superhans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Although I did just say something to my CC, they said would try to get the money back. Maybe they have and WH have closed the account. Just checked online and I havent been recredited it yet
    You know thats fraud right?

Kopmeister

What is?