joetownsend
    joetownsend's Avatar Become A Pro!

Coral STEALS £8000 ($13,500) from UK Player!!!

Hi guys, longtime reader, big fan of US sports. Have made an account as need to put in a complaint over the worst treatment I have ever received from a bookie in all my years of gambling.

Made an account with Coral a little over 2 weeks ago, made deposits and placed bets, all good. Placed 4 bets, 1 English prem, 1 English championship, 1 Argentina prem and 1 NBA. Won 2 bets and lost 2 bets but won my bigger ones so my balance was £16,014 from total deposits of £8025.

Then I received a verification email so sent them copy of my passport and bank statement. They said they had been accepted but needed another address proof. Seemed odd and annoying but OK so sent in a copy of my TV License, they rejected that for no reason so then sent in a copy of my savings statement from a different bank. Then this morning I have an email saying I have failed their security checks and my account has been closed and my initial deposits of £8025 have been returned to me therefore STEALING £7,989 from me!

I have tried to contact them but come up against the usual brick wall of drones. I am going to do official SBR complaint and also IBAS complaint but wanted to let you guys know as well. Luckily I have screenshots of my settled bets and balance etc to use as proof.

Be wary of these crooks. Cheers!

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

Just curious as to how you deposited?

joetownsend

Deposited via Neteller. Used to use my bank until I started playing with larger stakes so didn't want big deposits and withdrawals showing on my bank as was saving to get a mortgage.

alexwalstow
    alexwalstow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

WOW that is horrific. Looks like Coral have completely free rolled you. I hope you get this sorted and get your money back as these bookies are getting out of hand. Esp as this is a UK highstreet bookie not some obscure book in Eastern Europe etc.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

jesus thats crazy shit.....shocked they even let you put that much in to be honest.......

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

good luck - hope you get your money

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

You may as well be playing with Costa Rican books as deal with these urgers regulated in the UK.

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You may as well be playing with Costa Rican books as deal with these urgers regulated in the UK.
    Yeah license means nothing anymore, reputation is everything now.

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

Coral online isn't regulated by the UKGC. It is Gibraltar. It isn't the UK company you are dealing with either, it is Gala Interactive (Gibraltar) Ltd and Coral Interactive (Gibraltar) Ltd.

joetownsend

I did wonder that. I have put in a complaint with the IBAS and also SBR but have not heard back from either yet. Interestingly Gala Coral is listed in the IBAS as a company they regulate so I'm hoping they can still help me out.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

I am sure that with SBR's help it will get sorted out. Coral are a reputable A grade UK book, not some dodgy offshore joint.

danbarkes
    danbarkes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Hi,

I've been a regular reader of this forum however not come across much like this from a legit UK high street book especially one I've used in the past.

What i cant seem to get to grips with why was these documents not asked for prior to the bets being placed? If books want accounts to be verified prior to taking any size of bet small or large then why not ask for this on registration? Not when the account is a winning one… It seems strange they are happy to take money hand over fist until the user wins then its time for the user to "prove" who they are.

The question i would ask would coral have taken the same approach should the account been a losing one? For example the user deposited £8000 and lost the bigger bet and won the smaller ones leaving the account down once all bets settled. Would they send back the initial deposit of £8000 or would they send the remaining balance (lower than £8000) once all bets settled taken in good faith?

Will be interested to know the outcome of this one as would hate to see the book not dealing with customers fairly and consistently IE changing the goal posts as it suits.

Dan

KEdge2k
    KEdge2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have you inquired as to what "security checks" you failed?

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

Quote Originally Posted by danbarkes View Post
    Hi,

I've been a regular reader of this forum however not come across much like this from a legit UK high street book especially one I've used in the past.

What i cant seem to get to grips with why was these documents not asked for prior to the bets being placed? If books want accounts to be verified prior to taking any size of bet small or large then why not ask for this on registration? Not when the account is a winning one… It seems strange they are happy to take money hand over fist until the user wins then its time for the user to "prove" who they are.

The question i would ask would coral have taken the same approach should the account been a losing one? For example the user deposited £8000 and lost the bigger bet and won the smaller ones leaving the account down once all bets settled. Would they send back the initial deposit of £8000 or would they send the remaining balance (lower than £8000) once all bets settled taken in good faith?

Will be interested to know the outcome of this one as would hate to see the book not dealing with customers fairly and consistently IE changing the goal posts as it suits.

Dan
    yupp spot on dan, thats why they dont do it to begin with, they are hoping you a mug/square punter and wont be withdrawing it, but once you want to withdraw then they make you jump through the hoops to get it out.......

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    Coral online isn't regulated by the UKGC. It is Gibraltar. It isn't the UK company you are dealing with either, it is Gala Interactive (Gibraltar) Ltd and Coral Interactive (Gibraltar) Ltd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    I am sure that with SBR's help it will get sorted out. Coral are a reputable A grade UK book, not some dodgy offshore joint.
    See above. Looks like the online version just trades off the Coral name whilst hiding offshore.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
    shocked they even let you put that much in to be honest.......
    was thinking about the same thing

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Australian Books you have to get verified in 30 days or account closed which is very good

danbarkes
    danbarkes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Most UK online books will allow deposits up to approx £50,000 however don't expect to keep your account open for long unless you are a celeb. So its not a case of getting it in the account its usually finding a market they will accept such money. As the OP states the larger bet was on english prem football so would expect limits being high on this.

Whether they are governed by the UK or Gibraltar commissions it shouldn't make a difference as both should have set rules dealing with such issues consistently and fairly. I think the problem will come if as i mentioned above if its a winning account they are just paying out initial deposits however if its a losing account they pay out the remaining balance which is not consistent.

Im sure the OP isn't going to lie down and take a £8k loss, i mean if he's betting with that amount then I'm sure he could afford a repuable lawyer who would quite happily tear coral apart.

Agree that failed security checks should be explained as this could be easily solved

Like i said ill be quite interested to hear the outcome of this as will defiantly in the future be ensuring when signing upto a new bookie that they have me verified even before placing any bets.