goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

I'm down at Bodog and they're shading me

Just went to bet Nebraska 2H +8 (-110) and they're giving me -115 when I log-in.

I only bet $20 to $100 a game too.

What a mickey mouse operation.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Bet the sharp side a couple times and the square set is history there... Wins and losses don't matter... I wouldn't be surprised if the decision is completely automated...

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

The decision is based on what others have bet during that time period. When you saw it at -110, it was -110. But it takes you about 10 seconds give or take to log in. In that time period, others must have pounded that side. Therefore, it was changed to -115. This happens especially in 2nd half picks because everyone is rushing to get there bet in and the line is more lenient.

I have this happen to me all the time, sometimes even in my advantage.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
    The decision is based on what others have bet during that time period. When you saw it at -110, it was -110. But it takes you about 10 seconds give or take to log in. In that time period, others must have pounded that side. Therefore, it was changed to -115. This happens especially in 2nd half picks because everyone is rushing to get there bet in and the line is more lenient.

I have this happen to me all the time, sometimes even in my advantage.
    While it's true second half lines are volatile, you seem to be wrongly dismissing the fact that Bodog does offer two sets of lines.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

2H lines move every second!

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17549

I have personal limit at Bodog of $20.

Johnpoints
    Johnpoints's Avatar Become A Pro!

Without a doubt Bodog offers different lines to different people. Be logged in on one tab and not logged in on the other and you'll see slightly different lines....That's assuming you're any good. If you are always losing they'll probably still have you on the original lines.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Yes, wins and losses are irrelevant, and your bet size seems to be irrelevant as well. When I started betting there many years ago, most of my bets were in the $100 range and I got switched to the sharp feed after about 4 bets, and I know people who were switched almost as quickly betting $25-$50 a game.