eggman90
    eggman90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet dispute, can anyone explain?

New around here, and don't know where else to go. I wonder if someone can explain this to me.

Yesterday I placed a bet on the 'round betting market' of a boxing match scheduled for 10 rounds. I bet three bets, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3. The fighter I bet on won by KO in the 2nd round. When I checked my account this morning I found that all three bets had been voided.

When I queried this, I was told 'the bet was settled as void because the 10 rounds were not completed.'

I tried in vain to explain that, for any round bet to win, of course the fight would not go the scheduled distance.

Is there something I am missing? Or is the bookie attempting to defraud me?

traxmub
    traxmub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10478

read rules your bookmaker on boxing

eggman90
    eggman90's Avatar Become A Pro!

These are the rules that they alluded to when giving me that response.

'If betting is offered on a set number of rounds & the fight takes place to a different number of rounds (e.g we are betting round betting for 12 rounds & fight is over 10 rounds), to win fight bets will stand. However all other markets (round by round, method of victory, total rounds, will the fight go the distance etc.) will be void.'

The fight was scheduled for 10 rounds. The bookies round betting were also for 10 rounds - it says so on my betting slip. So...

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Maybe it was priced up for 12 rounds then realized it was a ten rd fight so market would be wrong .

If that's not the case then you should be paid

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Has to go 10 rounds than they grade every round individually .. If it ends early they're all void regardless of W/L