7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

How long does it take to deposit via btc?

About how long does it take for your deposit to hit your book from blockchain? I assume this can vary, but I made a deposit over 2 hours ago and it says the transaction has been confirmed on my blockchain account, but it has not hit my book? I have used btc to deposit before, but I cannot recall it taking this long.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

The network has been slowish the last few days.

Your book could need multiple confirmations btw. They will be able to tell you how many.

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

if its been confirmed shouldnt take long some books need 7 confirmations this is good time make bitcoin deposits late night few,months ago could get deposits in 5-10 mins seems every things slower now usually bout 1 hour or 2

TheDempster
    TheDempster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1518

did a 1st time BTC deposit yesterday to Heritage(after opening new acct)....took ~3 hrs

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

I contacted my book and they had me send in a screen shot of the transaction. It ended up hitting my account roughly 14 hours after I sent it. probably 11-12 hours after it was confirmed. Thanks for the feedback.

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    I contacted my book and they had me send in a screen shot of the transaction. It ended up hitting my account roughly 14 hours after I sent it. probably 11-12 hours after it was confirmed. Thanks for the feedback.
    if ur able to send with higher fees i noticed if the fee per byte is high gets confirmed faster also the size of the transaction seems matter alot most are 225/226 those usually get confirmed quicker if u get the 300's or once i even had one like 700 something it took forever of course i have idea how to control those i just kind of noticed things making bitcoin deposits over the years,

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

You would think it would be alot faster?

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by RocketMan$$$ View Post
    You would think it would be alot faster?
    Yeah you would. However that is what sucks about bitcoin. It came out as something that was supposed to be fast transactions and compete with cards. Unfortunately it is the exact opposite. It is actually much faster to send old fashioned money transfer to books. The money will hit your account much faster than bitcoin will.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

I have a client open a coinbase account, used c redit c ard and sent it to his account and the money is in. Whole process took 22 minutes. Doesn't always happen that quick but it does many times.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

The time frame on deposits & withdrawals via Bitcoin have much to do with which book you're using.