allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nicelemons View Post
    Does betfair still owe that player millions?
    I think he took them to court. Could last a decade though

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    I think he took them to court. Could last a decade though
    Betfair paid the player's agent.
    It's the agent who defaulted, not Betfair.

tradeout
    Become A Pro!
    tradeout's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 55318

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    betfair also provided that agent, so they are involved.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by tradeout View Post
    Market Base Rate structure will be as follows:

MBR 5%
    United Kingdom
    Ireland
    Italy
    Gibraltar
    Malta
    Denmark

MBR 7%
    Albania
    Armenia
    Croatia
    Monaco
    Serbia & Montenegro
    Slovakia

MBR 6.5%
    All other countries

Oh. I'd assumed just greed initially, but looking at that list I'm thinking it's partly to do with transaction costs and fraud risks. Those in the 7% bracket are scam central, the bookies have a lot of trouble from there.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just to be clear: if you don't do live trading there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to open a Betfair account now. It's just not competitive.

Exactly..that is what Betfair is for

Betfair in NJ for racing is useless..there will be virtually zero in the pools..its for NJ residents only and on track handle is very low

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

I only use Betfair when I have to, and will use whichever site gives me the best "net" price". I am no longer bothered about doing bets just to make betfair £100s and keep my x% discount. Too much hassle and I begrudge Betfair too much now anyway.

Joining Matchbook has been great, and the 0% of soccer has already saved me at least £1000 in commission!!

allin1
    Update your status

he still took betfair to court if I remember correctly

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Just to be clear: if you don't do live trading there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to open a Betfair account now. It's just not competitive.

Exactly..that is what Betfair is for
    Nonsense!

I don't live trade but would be lost without Betfair, particularly for horse racing.

Cheap AH soccer gets a good deal of action from me too as does golf and F1 which none of my other bookies, including Pinnacle serve at all well.

TFC
    Update your status
    TFC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Oh. I'd assumed just greed initially, but looking at that list I'm thinking it's partly to do with transaction costs and fraud risks. Those in the 7% bracket are scam central, the bookies have a lot of trouble from there.
    Yes, and the likes of Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands and Austria deserve a 30% hike because of all the nefarious "Swedish Prince" scams that originate from their countries?

kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16072

i dont know you all complain about 5%, im paying 20% since 2008 - 5 1/2 years and im still happy to play there becose of liquidity.

xpress
    On lockdown
    xpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkk View Post
    i dont know you all complain about 5%, im paying 20% since 2008 - 5 1/2 years and im still happy to play there becose of liquidity.
    Stay calm and keep paying!

jjgold

Nonsense! I don't live trade but would be lost without Betfair, particularly for horse racing. Cheap AH soccer gets a good deal of action from me too as does golf and F1 which none of my other bookies, including Pinnacle serve at all well.
    Hareeba there is very little AH money in nthe ppols for soccer pre game, even in game not as much as totals and 1x2.

Hareeba!

Hareeba there is very little AH money in nthe ppols for soccer pre game, even in game not as much as totals and 1x2.
    Is that right?
    Do you play them?
    I do.
    I find that by pitching for a couple of cents more than Pinnacle and SBO I almost always get matched for takeouts of up to $2k pre game.
    Sure there's not the volume of 1x2 and totals betting. I suspect most Poms don't really understand AH and find it too complex?

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

Is that right?
    Do you play them?
    Lol, does he play them? I think you have to be a real person to open an account.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: allin1, and Zuz?L

potless
    potless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Is that right?
    I suspect most Poms don't really understand AH and find it too complex?
    Nah most Poms can find better value - I think some of the more backward colonies are still reliant on BF though.

Hareeba!

So much for the arguments that Pinnacle always beats Betfair on US sports.

Right now I can get better ML odds (net of my commission) for both teams in the Superbowl at Betfair.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

Isn't Matchbook catching up?
    I hope Matchbook soon offers live betting for every sport. Can't wait to switch completely to it.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

I don't do live trading. It's not legal online in Australia.

But there is no way I'd leave Betfair and I'd strongly encourage anyone who bets on racing to open an account there. They are by far and away the best place for betting on racing.

And for sports no other establishment offers as many markets. For some sports I bet on Pinnacle's and SBO's limits are pretty low. Betdaq? Australians can't bet there!

Yes the increase in commission in some countries and the premium charge crap is a concern but fortunately doesn't directly affect me. I just wish Betfair would get back to concentrating on what they set out to be in the beginning - and achieved it remarkably well.
    you say you can't trade in Australia, but my main source of income is Soccer trading. It can still be done over the phone mate.
    also there are ways around if you get what i mean.....

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    you say you can't trade in Australia, but my main source of income is Soccer trading. It can still be done over the phone mate.
    also there are ways around if you get what i mean.....
    To trade in play you need to be getting fast tv transmission. I don't have that.
    Soccer? Presumably you are talking Euro, not Aussie? Most of that happens when we are sleeping!
    And can you get timely vision?
    Sure you can phone Betfair but by the time you get through and ID yourself odds have moved.
    Not my scene.
    As for ways around it -yeah I know two smartarses who thought that too and both ended up with their Betfair accounts cancelled permanently. I'm not willing to risk that thanks.

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by gaebiskon View Post
    Isn't Matchbook catching up?
    I hope Matchbook soon offers live betting for every sport. Can't wait to switch completely to it.
    matchbook is the future. They already offer better odds than pinny.

I love the fact that they focus only on sports betting. Those stupid games that are advertised on betdaq or betfair websites are ridiculous and annoying.

jjgold

Betfair live betting for NBA games is very good with very solid volume, NFL and MLB is good too if the games are on tv in the UK

kkkkk

yeah but the reason is not that the games are on tv in uk, becose you cant bet live with such delay to UK, the reason is that those games are transmitted at many places, and one of them is UK.

kkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by xpress View Post
    Stay calm and keep paying!
    i will becose if i bet live with other EU bookies i face 10-13secs time for accepting bets and in most sports odds changed meanwhile. and with betfair you know you have 5 or 8secs and bets will be matched for sure at that price. so i preffer to pay 2k comissions monthly from something rather then get 100% from nothing.

tommygun

To trade in play you need to be getting fast tv transmission. I don't have that.
    Soccer? Presumably you are talking Euro, not Aussie? Most of that happens when we are sleeping!
    Sure you can phone Betfair but by the time you get through and ID yourself odds have moved.
    Not my scene.
    As for ways around it -yeah I know two smartarses who thought that too and both ended up with their Betfair accounts cancelled permanently. I'm not willing to risk that thanks.
    1. Yes I have fast tv
    2. Soccer yes
    3. Australian and European
    4. The odds don't move that fast.
    I don't know about you Hareeba! but I don't have trouble trading euro games.

This was simply a response to saying it can't be done and is illegal which is completely wrong on your behalf.

tommygun

getting my bet on Hareeba talks 15 seconds, down to a fine art, the positions and times I strike in a match this normally has no affect on me so no problems of big line movements.

tommygun

Not my scene.
    I also have mates that have ways around it and have been doing so for 5 years....

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post

This was simply a response to saying it can't be done and is illegal which is completely wrong on your behalf.
    What I said was that betting live on line is illegal in Australia. That is a fact.
    Yes, I know it CAN be done but that doesn't make it legal. I'm not interested enough in doing it to take the risk of having my Betfair account closed like those of a couple of people I know who thought they were smart enough to fool them.

jjgold

Pinnacle day to day blows away Betfair if you add up every line and 365 days a year

Attachment 64956

Hareeba!

Pinnacle day to day blows away Betfair if you add up every line and 365 days a year

Attachment 64956
    I have been assured by Betfair that Australia and NZ will NOT be moving to a 6.5% BMR.

muffins
    muffins's Avatar Become A Pro!

What I said was that betting live on line is illegal in Australia. That is a fact.
    Not quite right, offering live betting to Australian's online is illegal. It is not illegal for you to bet live online as an Australian, the crime is committed by the operator not the player. See Interactive Gambling act 2001 Part 2 s.15.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MatI

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by muffins View Post
    Not quite right, offering live betting to Australian's online is illegal. It is not illegal for you to bet live online as an Australian, the crime is committed by the operator not the player. See Interactive Gambling act 2001 Part 2 s.15.
    Correct of course. Thanks Muffins.

Daverrd
    Daverrd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Attachment 64956
    True but you can't lay bets at Pinny.

Having said that though, 30% increase in commission hasn't hit here yet fortunately (Australia) but I wouldn't be too shocked if they bring it in eventually.

Betdaq being blocked for Australia is a bit annoying, will look at WBX and Matchbook though have heard good things from friends.

xpress
    On lockdown
    xpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Daverrd View Post
    True but you can't lay bets at Pinny.
    why do you need to lay? laying is essencially backing the opposite.

unless you are talking about markets not available at pinnacle, like horses

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by xpress View Post
    why do you need to lay? laying is essencially backing the opposite.

unless you are talking about markets not available at pinnacle, like horses
    That's true in two sided contests but there are numerous other contests apart from horse and dog racing where you can lay on Betfair and Matchbook:
    competition winner markets on golf, tennis, motor racing, football, basketball, baseball, ice hockey etc etc etc.
    then of course there is soccer (and some other sports) which is a 3-way market.

The other thing you can't do at Pinnacle is ask for a price and get it matched some time later.

Daverrd
    Daverrd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Yes there are plenty of sports with more than one outcome. Even in 2 team events like football ( soccer) you can lay a draw or lay either team (3 outcomes: 1X2)

First 12345 Last