Majman
    Majman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heritage player wants $50

After spending hours trying to rectify a seemingly simple situation, I have given up and will no longer deposit at Heritage. In spite of the fact that I have lost over $20,000 over the past 3 months at their racebook, Heritage has steadfastly refused to refund me $50 for a horse that I wagered on yesterday that scratched (did not run). In Gulfstream's 11th race yesterday (1/20) the #4 horse, named Marie's Music, scratched. Proof is here:

https://www.equibase.com/static/char...12014USA11.pdf

After the race was graded to my account as a loss, I informed customer service. I was told that I would be refunded. I never was. Upon contacting them a couple more times to plead my case and to show them proof of the scratch, they insisted that I was wrong and that the horse "had action." They then had me call the phone number to be connected to the horse dept (obviously a good customer has to be tortured by doing all of the legwork himself...reg customer service will never help). They told me that it would be looked into. Today, (after not hearing back from them) I contacted customer service again. I went through the whole situation again and was told that the horse ran. They did not want to see my proof (look anywhere....this horse did not run) and Joss (customer service rep) stated simply to that I would not receive a refund because it was graded with action. He then called me a liar because he said that the horse supervisor contacted me, which he had not. Horrifyingly bad customer service. I then went back onto chat later on to get the transcript of this chat with Joss but they refused since they knew I was going to report this theft on forums.

But hey, at the rate I had been losing substantial amounts of money, maybe it is a good thing that I realized that they will steal from me on top of the money I had been losing. I just wanted to share to prevent some of you running into the same situation as me. I will no longer deposit with these guys and beware to all. Run into a problem and they will not only take your money without explanation, but they will insult you also. These guys are obviously genius businessmen! Lets not take barrelfulls of this guy's money honestly. Lets steal from him and not give him an explanation!! Buh-bye Heritage.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Heritage is a joke of a book. They obviously have no business sense. when you lose 20k & they won't refund you a measly $50 on a proven scratch.

I was treated unfairly as well, as a victim of an account compromise. Luckily I brought it to their attention before funds were stolen or purposely lost. Instead of giving me a new account # & password, they decided to just close my account. I was eventually paid my 7k balance, although it had taken months to receive & clear via pathetic Canadian checks. Top books offer DC payouts, Heritage will never be a top book.

Rangers901
    Rangers901's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Heritage is a joke of a book. They obviously have no business sense. when you lose 20k & they won't refund you a measly $50 on a proven scratch.

I was treated unfairly as well, as a victim of an account compromise. Luckily I brought it to their attention before funds were stolen or purposely lost. Instead of giving me a new account # & password, they decided to just close my account. I was eventually paid my 7k balance, although it had taken months to receive & clear via pathetic Canadian checks. Top books offer DC payouts, Heritage will never be a top book.
    The ultimate stiff making negative remarks about a stand up book, oh the irony.

Bobby, no one is receiving payouts from 18th, there are threads with victims all over the internet, how does it make you feel? Personally, it makes me feel pretty damn good knowing I stopped at least one person from giving their money to an outright scam operation.

You obviously aren't that dumb, I mean, at least you figured out how a majority of the wealthiest people in this world got where they are, by exploiting and scamming the innocent.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave Rangers901 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

inthedesert gave Rangers901 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: darkhat

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Will wait a few days to hear if there is more to the story....

Heritage stealing $50......

P.S. From your post it SOUNDS like you did not actually talk to management. Before totally giving up on the situation I would make sure you speak professionally to a supervisor. Any time I have had any issue they have handled it promptly and with utmost class. Just saying.

Also here is a direct link to scratches at Gulfstream: http://www.gulfstreampark.com/racing...atches-changes

Race 11: # 4 Marie's Music Scratch Reason - Reason Unavailable changed to Stewards 01/20/2014 05:44 PM ET
    Race 11: # 4 Marie's Music Scratched - Reason Unavailable 01/20/2014 05:32 PM ET
    Last edited by cloverfield; 01-21-14 at 02:47 PM.

Majman

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    Will wait a few days to hear if there is more to the story....

Heritage stealing $50......

P.S. From your post it SOUNDS like you did not actually talk to management. Before totally giving up on the situation I would make sure you speak professionally to a supervisor. Any time I have had any issue they have handled it promptly and with utmost class. Just saying.

Also here is a direct link to scratches at Gulfstream: http://www.gulfstreampark.com/racing...atches-changes

Race 11: # 4 Marie's Music Scratch Reason - Reason Unavailable changed to Stewards 01/20/2014 05:44 PM ET
    Race 11: # 4 Marie's Music Scratched - Reason Unavailable 01/20/2014 05:32 PM ET
    You are correct. I did not speak with a regular customer service supervisor but I spoke to many regular customer service people about this and spent a lot of time doing this. You know what, to be a customer that loses that much money and feels like he is being crapped on and taken advantage of for $50 is a sad statement for Heritage. Why wouldn't any number of people that I spoke to be able to get out of their chair and speak with a supervisor on my behalf? It is not worth my time to beg and plead for them to look at my unmistakable proof. It's a matter of principle. I don't want to do business with a company that is so stupid to deny my inquiry without even giving me an explanation. At my job, if I treated a good customer like that, I'd be fired on the spot, with good reason. I don't need to beg them to take piles of my money in the future. They have no business sense whatsoever.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

bookmaker tried the same thing with me I had 30 10wps on a horse and they graded it a loss (horse was scratched) after 30 minutes of bs they said they would fix it.....20 minutes later they added 3 dollars to my account.....I said its 30 not 3.....they tired to tell me they were just going to refund me 3 dollars wtf?? after an hr more they got it right.....I withdrew next day and demanded they close my account.....mistakes happen but some of these guys and girls just have such condescending attitudes....

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post

Bobby, no one is receiving payouts from 18th, there are threads with victims all over the internet, how does it make you feel? Personally, it makes me feel pretty damn good knowing I stopped at least one person from giving their money to an outright scam operation.

You obviously aren't that dumb, I mean, at least you figured out how a majority of the wealthiest people in this world got where they are, by exploiting and scamming the innocent.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Majman View Post
    the fact that I have lost over $20,000 over the past 3 months at their racebook,
    What you need is an intervention.........

Gambling is not for you.......

Degeneracy has taken over logic in your mind.....

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post

You're a clueless idiot. Like I'm the owner of 18th hole stiffing people, a ludicrous accusation with obviously no evidence to back up what you say. 18th paid me twice, until I had a recent problem with them. The difference is I don't cry about the loss like a little bitch, as I've won 10x the amount lost utilizing them. Unlike you chump, I understand & accept the concept of risk/reward at any book I play at.

cloverfield

You are correct. I did not speak with a regular customer service supervisor but I spoke to many regular customer service people about this and spent a lot of time doing this..
    a regular customer service rep has NO AUTHORITY to fix this. Perhaps they could have offered to have a supervisor look it over for you...but I don't think asking to speak to a supervisor instead of speaking to regular CSR types is "making you beg".

I've never had an issue when asking to speak to a supervisor.. I think you're handling it wrong.

Good Luck

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Majman,

We understand you wagered a daily double, lost the front end (10th race), and there was a scratch in the 11th race, making the ticket a loser.

Where's the theft exactly?

You can write in as well if you'd like.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Theft probably involves Majman's missing brain

cloverfield

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Majman,

We understand you wagered a daily double, lost the front end (10th race), and there was a scratch in the 11th race, making the ticket a loser.

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Who would have thought there was more to the story???? A horse on the 2nd leg of the play scratched so he wanted to get the whole wager cancelled.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

It seems the losing run is weighing on him and he feels like after losing all that money he should get a freebie. We can't have players sharing false feedback and leaving out it was a daily double because they are resentful about their losing streak. The player is welcome to respond further.

Majman

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Majman,

How funny....SBR can get the answer for me and me, the player, cannot!! That was not the answer given to me from Heritage. And, for the record, a daily double wager with a scratch is still a REFUND unless the scratch was made AFTER the first leg had been run, regardless of whether or not the other half of the wager is a winner. But, this all doesn't matter. It had nothing to do with the $50. It has everything to do with Heritage having the absolute worst customer service in the business. I have to go to SBR to get an answer from Heritage! Hysterical!!! Thumbs up to SBR for getting me an answer from Heritage. Thumbs down to Heritage for having no clue as to how to handle a customer...particularly one that had giving them piles of money with little resistance.

Majman

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    It seems the losing run is weighing on him and he feels like after losing all that money he should get a freebie. We can't have players sharing false feedback and leaving out it was a daily double because they are resentful about their losing streak. The player is welcome to respond further.
    Thoroughly incorrect, Bill. Aren't you supposed to be impartial? Looks to me that you are not shy about showing the fact that you are on Heritage's payroll. If I were looking for a "freebie," as you carelessly and maiciously point out without knowing a thing about me, do you really think that I would try that on a measly $50 wager? Use some common sense. I merely asked a simple question and they were unable to answer it. If I question 1 wager of thousands made, I should be entitled to an explanation. I shouldn't have to go onto SBR to get an answer. Additionally, a scratch in a daily double is still a refund.....depending upon when the scratch was made.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

If it is non runner they should give his money back i dont know why this sbr mod wants to defend this bookie.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Only bet horses with usa licensed books

Horse issues always arise offshore

ALLIANCESTIFF
    ALLIANCESTIFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

wow scary. The OP is correct. If this horse was scratched before the first leg of the double, he should be refunded. Very clear cut.

Heritage isn't known to do this to players. I am sure once they realize what happened they will give you the $50 probably something extra for the hassle.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

been looking around at different sites rules. some sites refund if either horse is scratched. cannot find heritage's rule on this. do they base it on the rules of track at which it was run? if so, couldn't find gulfstream track rules.
    Last edited by Kaabee; 01-21-14 at 06:56 PM.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

if horse is scratched before 1st leg then bet should be refunded

if horse is scratched after 1st leg, then bet is a loser if 1st leg lost, if 1st leg won then should receive consolation double

it appears this horse was scratched after the first leg was completed as there was a consolation pick 3 and consolation double

OP is in the wrong here
    Last edited by big joe 1212; 01-21-14 at 07:45 PM.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

$1.00 Consolation Pick 3 9-4-4 (3 correct) 164.30

2.00 ConsolationDouble
    4-4 106.80

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The 4 was a STEWARD'S SCRATCH, which typically takes place either at the gate or if the horse is lame when the horses come on the track. That means he was scratched a few minutes before post time of Race #11, thus AFTER Race 10, so Heritage is right in their ruling.

http://www.gulfstreampark.com/racing...apping/results

cloverfield

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The 11 was a STEWARD'S SCRATCH, which typically takes place either at the gate or if the horse is lame when the horses come on the track. That means he was scratched a few minutes before post time of Race #11, thus AFTER Race 10, so Heritage is right in their ruling.

http://www.gulfstreampark.com/racing...apping/results
    Exactly I posted it above a while ago.

Since the OP never asked to have this escalated and spent "many hours" talking to regular CSR people at Heritage...here is what probably went down:

-OP is on a huge losing streak and frustrated
    -OP places the wager and the first leg loses
    -OP then notices a horse in the 2nd leg is scratched and sees it as a possible way to get a refund
    -OP contacts regular customer service in hopes that they will see the horse in the 2nd leg was scratched and just refund the wager
    -OP does NOT escalate the issue ON PURPOSE. because he knew ANY detailed research would show the first leg had already happened
    -OP comes on the forum in hopes Heritage will say "ok here is a consolation even though you lost the wager".

Anyone want to take me up on the above scenario for a few grand.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

mods please change the thread title for heritage

"player lost $50 and thought he won...wasted hours of everyone's time over pennies"

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Not a fan of Heritage anymore myself and I advocated for them for awhile but if you win any amount of money with them its more than a headache to cash out
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bobbywaves

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Maj, Not buying it. You purposely left out part of your complaint. 11th race went off at 5:33. Scratch was reported at 5:31, after the 10th race concluded. Maybe you would offer to share his call recording with the forum?

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

they should at least add this scenario to their racebook rules. their racebook rules page is kind of a joke. all it does is explain bet types.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    Not a fan of Heritage anymore myself and I advocated for them for awhile but if you win any amount of money with them its more than a headache to cash out
    That is not true.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

How funny....SBR can get the answer for me and me, the player, cannot!! That was not the answer given to me from Heritage. And, for the record, a daily double wager with a scratch is still a REFUND unless the scratch was made AFTER the first leg had been run, regardless of whether or not the other half of the wager is a winner. But, this all doesn't matter. It had nothing to do with the $50. It has everything to do with Heritage having the absolute worst customer service in the business. I have to go to SBR to get an answer from Heritage! Hysterical!!! Thumbs up to SBR for getting me an answer from Heritage. Thumbs down to Heritage for having no clue as to how to handle a customer...particularly one that had giving them piles of money with little resistance.
    A. You are incorrect. If your first half would have won, you would have been paid a consolation double. In this case #4 won the first half of the double, thus the payouts were:

$2 DD 4-5 $515.60
    $2 Consolation DD 4-4 $106.80

B. Incorrect, Heritage has good customer service.
    C. No one gives a shit about how much you have lost or won.
    D. Get a new hobby if you are down $30,000+

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by ALLIANCESTIFF View Post
    wow scary. The OP is correct. If this horse was scratched before the first leg of the double, he should be refunded. Very clear cut.

Heritage isn't known to do this to players. I am sure once they realize what happened they will give you the $50 probably something extra for the hassle.
    Incorrect.

scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Maj, Not buying it. You purposely left out part of your complaint. 11th race went off at 5:33. Scratch was reported at o5:31, after the 10th race concluded. Maybe you would offer to share his call recording with the forum?
    Actually race went off at 547pm est, according to official Equibase chart. This horse was scratched in the paddock with like 17 mtp. Either the horse had wrong shoes or did something stupid in the paddock

Player was absolutely wrong in this instance, and if he was seasoned enough to lose 30k, then he would know the rules

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    Incorrect.
    Actually what ALLIANCESTIFF said IS correct, it just wasn't what happened. He is correct that if the scratch occurred before the running of first leg, the player gets a refund. But it didn't, so he doesn't.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Did the mods change the title of this thread?

ALLIANCESTIFF
    ALLIANCESTIFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Actually what ALLIANCESTIFF said IS correct, it just wasn't what happened. He is correct that if the scratch occurred before the running of first leg, the player gets a refund. But it didn't, so he doesn't.
    Thanks LT for understanding what I said. Now that has been clarified what happened, I agree with Heritage that the wager is a loser. I had made an assumption that the OP was stating the facts but there was an omission of truth. I also did find it hard to believe that Heritage would treat a customer this way which is why I wasn't surprised by the clarification.

12 Last