beachlover5
    beachlover5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

The Greek - rogue behaviour

Seems I'm not alone in having an awful experience with The Greek - simply amazed they're A+ on here as its the first book I've had a problem with in years.

So I joined and took their 110% bonus - terms were very clear 3x deposit plus bonus. Wagered all of this and ended with a healthy balance. Tried withdrawing some of it to be told bonus would be revoked as I was purely taking advantage of bonus and the bonus was to attract new long term players. I said ok - don't bother with the withdrawl just now then - I'll carry on playing here to show I'm a long term customer.

12 weeks later after placing a minimum of 4 wagers per week I put in another withdrawl request only to be told the same thing?! I rung and asked exactly what do they need me to do in order to keep my bonus and they responded "I'm sorry we cannot give specific details to this - it is solely a decision at our discretion"

So in summary their terms are actually a waste of time the only term that matters is their FU clause "we can do whatever we like". A number of other people on gambling forums have had exactly the same experience by the sounds of it (some wagering 30X deposit/bonus yet still having bonus revoked upon first withdrawl request) so if your joining here expecting The Greek to honour their terms then don't - they will not honour them and will enforce the term that allows them to make up rules as they go along which in my book is rogue behavior. If you have terms at least keep to them - if you want people to follow different terms then at least tell them
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: masachi

cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

I had it happen and almost found myself apologizing to them for being an ok handicapper. Shady behavior to be sure.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

there must be more to the story, greek doesn't mess around. straightshooting book. A+

cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Every book, A+ or otherwise, has or will partake in questionable behavior at some point. That being said The Greek is on the shortlist of trusted books.

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8113

A lot of similar stories are reported in other forums, surely not a A+ book.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

moral of the story and one you should already no...NEVER EVER take the bonus!!! if you want 500 in your account put it in there, i get what your saying and definitely shady from them but you read about it all the time on here i been stiffed a withdraw cuz i took a bonus blah blah....just put the money in you want in there and leave the bonus;s in future my friend.....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Greek definitely suffering from lack of accounts, its not the same place like it use to be. I am sure still safe but very conservative

They also had software upgrade in the last 6 months and offering more live betting

Basically a transition to get into non usamarkets

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Greek definitely suffering from lack of accounts, its not the same place like it use to be. I am sure still safe but very conservative

They also had software upgrade in the last 6 months and offering more live betting

Not since spyro left.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Their soccer odds are terrible. Maybe that's one thing they should look at improving....

masachi
    masachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6074

I heard a same story from my friend. Finaly he lost his money, what they want for all their players.
    Unacceptable behavior for A-rated sportbook.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think they are tops a B book now

Mismanaged also

Safe but very generic