larry200
    larry200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Funds + Winnnings disappeared from my Coral account!

Hi guys,

I placed a £800 bet on Tuesday morning on a Australian tennis game, I won it and should get back about £1520. However the bet does not appear in betting history, only as a transaction in account history. I have contacted the customer service team several times, they confirmed the bet was placed and they investigate, without providing any useful information.
    Due to their illegal tactic I have been very upset and placed some stupid bets. Of course I don't ask for refund, I am responsible for my actions. However, I can not wait for ages for the obvious, my money!!!
    I don't know if the website was hacked , this is not my problem. In last 4 days I have been locked out of my account several times and there was a message ""Sorry, your account conversion is awaiting verification; please check your email for further instructions". Of course my account was fine and the next morning I could login again.
    I play fair and I demand the same from their side. I feel like my funds have been stolen my funds and I cannot accept that.

Nick_gilmour
    Nick_gilmour's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Larry,

I signed up to this because I was searching on google to find answers as to why my 'bet' had not come up on my history. That made me worry because today (an hour ago) I thought I had a potential return of £99 after placing a £26 bet, got all excited, it was my first bet ever. I decided to ring coral up to check, they said i just deposited the money, i didn't place a bet, even though I pressed 'place bet' then it took me to a page with my card number on (the last few numbers) and asked me to type in the 3 numbers on the back of my card, and continued. As far as I was i where i had placed it, strangely it has not.

alexwalstow
    alexwalstow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

Looks like some dodgy things happening with Coral recently. Can't believe they are having any financial problems so not sure why this would be?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Coral website isn't the greatest and can be sometimes difficult to know if your wager has been placed, you should always check after it has been placed

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Coral in my opinion not as good as the big boys like bet365, William Hill, Ladbrokes and Paddy.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Coral in my opinion not as good as the big boys like bet365, William Hill, Ladbrokes and Paddy.
    UK's third largest bookmaker, has over 1800 betting shops in the UK as of October 2011, and hundreds in Italy.

I think they take a lot of action on horses through their betting shops.

You are probably right their online business doesn't look as good as the other big names, but that's probably because they take much more volume in their shops so their online site is not the main priority. Also, they are not that fast to limit as others are.

Will Hill and Ladbrokes are bigger than Coral.

Bet365 is a different animal. No shops hence just 2100 employees compared to the 5 digits of the other 3 mentioned above. With 7 million customers worldwide and the best in-play offerings for recreational betting they are a huge business, so huge that they are the only UK book who hasn't left England in order to reduce their taxes. Funny enough they started in a portakabin.

Paddy are smaller in every department.

Anyone who is a winner is not welcome as a customer at these million pounds businesses. Ironic.
    Last edited by allin1; 05-12-14 at 07:01 AM.

jjgold

Allin great info

So will put Coral as a better walk up shop not online shop

I think easier to play games online vs walk up

I wonder if you get banned in walk up shops also?

allin1
    Update your status

I think you can get banned if you make really huge bets and win on a regular basis but my guess is that it rarely happens as anyone can adapt and use runners. I think they love to take a lot of action on horses even from runners.

dance1959
    dance1959's Avatar Become A Pro!

Allin great info

So will put Coral as a better walk up shop not online shop

I think easier to play games online vs walk up

How the hell you can get banned?

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    I think you can get banned if you make really huge bets and win on a regular basis but my guess is that it rarely happens as anyone can adapt and use runners. I think they love to take a lot of action on horses even from runners.
    You can be indeed be banned from a chain's group of shops. All my nearest Ladbrokes, Coral, and Tote branches had my photo on the board in S. London back in the day, thanks to Denmark beating Germany in March 2007.

Mind you, the missus, the lady across the street, and the local dry cleaner all bearded for me as and when, but it was a nuisance occasionally.

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by dance1959 View Post
    They have cameras in the shop so they can see who has placed any bet at any time. They have your face, show it to all employees and they will refuse your action if the decision is made from "above".

There was a story on here or another forum about a muslim girl who went to place a bet and there was a huge scandal as you couldn't see her face because of the clothing. I don't remember if she was allowed to bet or not.

chachi
    Lazy Git

The local manager of a Tote who'd been running shops for them for donkey's years thought it was quite daft to cut me off after a couple wins without at least trying to see if I could/would give some back.

He however advised me while he'd happily make me a sandwich and tea and chat about the geegee's with me all day as we did occasionally, that he could not accept 1 pence on an under-odds SP fav from me.

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    The local manager of a Tote who'd been running shops for them for donkey's years thought it was quite daft to cut me off after a couple wins without at least trying to see if I could/would give some back.

He however advised me while he'd happily make me a sandwich and tea and chat about the geegee's with me all day as we did occasionally, that he could not accept 1 pence on an under-odds SP fav from me.
    where do you bet these days?

gooner89
    gooner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13003

Quote Originally Posted by dance1959 View Post
    I was in a Paddy Power shop in east London back in 2011 and a guy lost big on a cricket match (possibly World Cup I'm not sure). The 2 main monitors were attached to the wall, one on top and one under that, and he picked up a stool and threw it at the monitors. The legs smashed both monitors and the guy (and the rest of us) were held in the shop until the police arrived.

Needless to say, he was asked to not return to the shop again. That's how you can get banned!

jjgold

I am sure ways around the walk up shops changing your appearance, ect

gooner89
    gooner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13003

A bit like the old Barney Curley incident? lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Sam_betting_coup

allin1
    Update your status

A lot of wigs and fake beards/moustaches

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by gooner89 View Post
    A bit like the old Barney Curley incident? lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Sam_betting_coup
    nice one. good plot for a decent movie

chachi
    Lazy Git

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    where do you bet these days?
    Online mostly, am back in the states these days now

And yeah, Curley would make a brilliant italian job-esque little feature

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    And yeah, Curley would make a brilliant italian job-esque little feature
    and this one would make a decent comedy

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...=last7DaysNews

"Some of those recruited had really bad English and couldn’t even read what they were given.

The staff could see two watches on most of their wrists and were aware that something unusual was happening."

chachi
    Lazy Git

I remember discussing that with a bunch of degenerate geegee traders when I was still in Cyprus