caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

Question about Pinnacle's tennis data

Hello.
    Does anybody know if it's possible to download pinny's historical starting prices somewhere?
    Or, are they part of the tennisdata spreadsheets, do you know off hand?
    Thanks in advance

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20309

Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    Hello.
    Does anybody know if it's possible to download pinny's historical starting prices somewhere?
    Or, are they part of the tennisdata spreadsheets, do you know off hand?
    Thanks in advance
    What do you mean by "starting prices"?
    Opening odds which they generally limit to $250 stakes or do you mean the odds at match commencement?

caramba

Odds at match commencement.
    if opening prices are available, that'd be of interest as well.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    Odds at match commencement.
    if opening prices are available, that'd be of interest as well.
    I have access to the opening prices which are recorded in the data provided by Oncourt.com to which I subscribe but unfortunately they don't include the final prices.

caramba

Thanks.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I have access to the opening prices which are recorded in the data provided by Oncourt.com to which I subscribe but unfortunately they don't include the final prices.
    oncourt.info

daringly
    daringly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4671

SportsOptions and Don Best have it also, but the data has lots of mistakes if you go back over five years.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    oncourt.info
    yes, sorry I gave the wrong contact info

should be:

http://www.oncourt.info/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hareeba do you like that software??

Is it better than the free sites that break down tennis stats??

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hareeba do you like that software??

Is it better than the free sites that break down tennis stats??
    I do like it and have been using it for years. Was incredibly cheap and though they've hiked the price a bit is still excellent value if you follow tennis. Results and schedules database updated several times a day. I don't get involved in more detailed stats so haven't really gone searching for sites which offer them.

And I was wrong in saying it doesn't have closing odds. It does. You can view them match by match but not in any field which is convenient to download in bulk as the opening odds are. A capable programmer might be able to achieve it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good report Hareeba

I might try it

mr.ed
    mr.ed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4218

Hareeba, regarding the odds on oncourt.com site, is there any way to switch from British to American odds as you can do in Pinnacle? Also, I am hoping to do a mass download of all of their data into Excel....must I do one year at a time or can I do their entire database at once? Thanks!

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.ed View Post
    Hareeba, regarding the odds on oncourt.com site, is there any way to switch from British to American odds as you can do in Pinnacle? Also, I am hoping to do a mass download of all of their data into Excel....must I do one year at a time or can I do their entire database at once? Thanks!
    No. The odds are recorded in decimal format. If you download them into Excel you should be able to construct a formula to convert them to US odds?

If you were able to download the entire database I think you'd exceed Excel's 65536 row limit!

No. Using the export to Excel facility within the software you can only export a max. of one year at a time and then only either ATP or WTA and singles or doubles in one go.

The export will contain the opening odds (where they have been recorded) but not the closing odds. Closing odds are only displayed by selecting a particular match and then the odds history. As I said before, perhaps a programmer could find a way to access them in bulk and export them, but that's way beyond my capabilities.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 01-09-14 at 10:29 PM.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by mr.ed View Post
    You can only do a season at a time, and it stresses the f*** out of the oncourt server - the guy banned me after a bit and I had to beg for re-access.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    You can only do a season at a time, and it stresses the f*** out of the oncourt server - the guy banned me after a bit and I had to beg for re-access.
    ???
    The database is on your PC. How can that stress their server?
    I've exported the data to Excel several times with no hitches.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    ???
    The database is on your PC. How can that stress their server?
    I've exported the data to Excel several times with no hitches.
    Most is on your PC, but the point by point scoring data is stored on his server.

He's not bothered as long as you don't go downloading thousands at a time. Problem though: to do a season at a time you can only select all matches, and that means ten bazillion challenger and future matches. Thus, when you try extract that ........... insane number of server requests. It's not much of a downside tbh, the point-by-point isn't that useful to have in excel - there are plenty errors, gaps and formatting discrepancies that make it very difficult to use for anything.

For closing lines, tennis-data has them in excel format too, and for multiple books:

http://www.tennis-data.co.uk/alldata.php

Goes back as far as 2000, although the pinnacle odds coverage isn't that far. Inevitably, quite a lot of errors to work through (reversed odds in particular).
    Last edited by HeeeHAWWWW; 01-10-14 at 03:18 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TitsArriba