MakinPlayz
    MakinPlayz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

BOVADA Canceled my bet 40 mins after the games started

I placed a parlay wager last night both on the second half a NCAAF and NBA game. I took UCF +11.5 and the Under 97 on the Clippers and Charlette second half. The bet went through, and next thing I see 40 minutes later that the bet was under review because of my Max cumulative risk was over $500. So does this mean I cant place a parlay wager over 500.00? Also why reject the wager after its a winner after the games are over. I wonder if I would have lost the bet it would have still been rejected. Someone please help explain if this is common practice. By the way I placed the parlay for 1000.00. I will upload a screen shot as well.

dimaggio8
    dimaggio8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 907

Quote Originally Posted by MakinPlayz View Post
    I placed a parlay wager last night both on the second half a NCAAF and NBA game. I took UCF +11.5 and the Under 97 on the Clippers and Charlette second half. The bet went through, and next thing I see 40 minutes later that the bet was under review because of my Max cumulative risk was over $500. So does this mean I cant place a parlay wager over 500.00? Also why reject the wager after its a winner after the games are over. I wonder if I would have lost the bet it would have still been rejected. Someone please help explain if this is common practice. By the way I placed the parlay for 1000.00. I will upload a screen shot as well.
    Sorry Makinplayz, that's a tough break. If the bet was successfully placed they should pay you. If you have proof too, then there is really no reason for the cancelation.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

bovada is a mickey mouse shop

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

The bet clearly says rejected in red letters. Any time you go over the limit, it falls under the refer bets side of the screen and within a couple minutes you will see if it is accepted or rejected. It's the way bovada works, you probably didn't realize this at the time of the wager, but that is extremely common. It needs to say ACCEPTED in green, not REJECTED in red. The only case you would have is if you have a screenshot of the pending wager. Otherwise, it was not accepted.

MakinPlayz

Sounds like you work for Bovada but anyways, theres nothing to review if the bet is not accepted. The bet should have never been accepted in the first place. The money should have never been taken out of my balance. Technically any bet can be reviewed after it is placed. Why even have a review process, the bet should never be allowed to be placed in the first place. And a $500.00 cumulative risk max is just plain stupid, I have never heard of any book having that, especially an A rated book on SBR. Im starting to wonder how this is an A book.

MakinPlayz

Their reason for rejecting my bet 40 minutes after it was placed was because my cumulative risk max cant be more then 500.00. Is this common on 2 team parlays? Also I have never had a withdrawl with these guys, so I dont see any reason for them limiting my action when I Dropped 5k within the month with them already and have never requested a withdrawl. Ive actually been on a terrible losing streak all month, and when I win they pull this crap.

MakinPlayz

So all of a sudden I recieve an email and a message on my Bovada Account to Call their financial services department. 1 hour later they have disabled my account, and say I will have to give them a call tomorrow. So basically the money I just deposited yesterday is now held hostage by them.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Their reason for rejecting my bet 40 minutes after it was placed was because my cumulative risk max cant be more then 500.00. Is this common on 2 team parlays? Also I have never had a withdrawl with these guys, so I dont see any reason for them limiting my action when I Dropped 5k within the month with them already and have never requested a withdrawl. Ive actually been on a terrible losing streak all month, and when I win they pull this crap.
    your bet was never accepted. you were requesting an overlimit bet, so it was under review and rejected.

also, you were not limited. bovada caps most wagers at $500. if they limit you, it would be $25 for most markets.

jca1i
    jca1i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Bovada rejected a player prop wager of mine for $375.00 and by the time I was aware of the rejection the game had started.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    your bet was never accepted. you were requesting an overlimit bet, so it was under review and rejected.

also, you were not limited. bovada caps most wagers at $500. if they limit you, it would be $25 for most markets.
    This.

Your bet was never accepted at all and the money was NOT taken out of your account. If it was, post a picture of the transaction history that shows the money was taken out. And for the record I don't even like bovada, I just know the way their referred bets work. Clearly you don't. But hey, post a pic of the money debited from your account and prove me wrong.

rangerz2478

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 2.29.36 PM.jpg You can clearly see REJECTED in big red letters on my bets from bovada that were rejected. You will also see that I was limited to $25 on props. I do understand why you thought your bet was accepted, but you clearly read it wrong.

rangerz2478

I will say, bovada needs to make it clearer on the bet processing screen that the bet is being reviewed, because if you don't read closely you will not be able to tell. If you scroll down, you will see the PENDING screen on the right side for referred bets. But many players including the OP won't know to look there.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14026

play elsewhere -

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by bostonboss View Post
    bovada is a mickey mouse shop