zack_wk
    zack_wk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betonline.ag Issues

Sunday Night, I took a prop bet for over 0.5 total touchdown for Cam Newton (I know it sounds too good to be true, that's why I included a snapshot of my graded wager). It took him nearly the whole game, but he got one. When the game ended, however, it said I lost. After contacting customer support, and waiting nearly 48 hours for a non-automated response, I was told that the prop said total receiving + rushing touchdown. I went to look at the details of the betting ticket, and nowhere in the language did it say anything about rushing or receiving. There are two things peculiar here - the first being, when the hell would Cam Newton have a receiving touchdown? The second is, when I asked for where it said "rushing + receiving" I was told that they could only see it from their computers...I feel like I don't need to explain why I'm not pleased with that answer. Even when I asked them to email me a screen shot of the language of the bet from their end, I was told they couldn't do that. Any advice? I'd like to get my money back, it's a crap way to start on a new site.
    Attached Images  

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Quote Originally Posted by zack_wk View Post
    Sunday Night, I took a prop bet for over 0.5 total touchdown for Cam Newton (I know it sounds too good to be true, that's why I included a snapshot of my graded wager). It took him nearly the whole game, but he got one. When the game ended, however, it said I lost. After contacting customer support, and waiting nearly 48 hours for a non-automated response, I was told that the prop said total receiving + rushing touchdown. I went to look at the details of the betting ticket, and nowhere in the language did it say anything about rushing or receiving. There are two things peculiar here - the first being, when the hell would Cam Newton have a receiving touchdown? The second is, when I asked for where it said "rushing + receiving" I was told that they could only see it from their computers...I feel like I don't need to explain why I'm not pleased with that answer. Even when I asked them to email me a screen shot of the language of the bet from their end, I was told they couldn't do that. Any advice? I'd like to get my money back, it's a crap way to start on a new site.
    Hate to break it to you, but they are 100% correct. When there is a prop on a qb to score a td, it means them to score a rushing (or the off chance of a receiving td) You think you would be getting +155 him to throw a passing td? Lol cmon. Think about it this way, all books offer odds on "player to score first td." QB's are always listed, but obviously the winner is the player who catches or rushes for the td, not the qb who throws it. You really have no case here as this is the way the bet is graded on every single website.

DAVEYCROCKET
    DAVEYCROCKET's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but they are 100% correct. When there is a prop on a qb to score a td, it means them to score a rushing (or the off chance of a receiving td) You think you would be getting +155 him to throw a passing td? Lol cmon. Think about it this way, all books offer odds on "player to score first td." QB's are always listed, but obviously the winner is the player who catches or rushes for the td, not the qb who throws it. You really have no case here as this is the way the bet is graded on every single website.
    well put and 100% correct

Coat6461
    Coat6461's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I jumped on the same bet, so my opinion is biased a bit.

However, this is not how TOTAL TD prop bets are graded on all other sites or in Vegas. I won the identical prop a few weeks ago on MNF, and a Joe Flacco TOTAL TDs prop (I think it was 2.5, trying to find my ticket to post) out in Vegas last year around this time.

I think onlinebet.ag (and sportsbetting.ag ) goofed on the wording, realize they made the mistake, but are refusing to pay the bet.

I am definitely switching sports books before the bowl season.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    Rangers is 100% correct with this post

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by Coat6461 View Post
    I jumped on the same bet, so my opinion is biased a bit.

However, this is not how TOTAL TD prop bets are graded on all other sites or in Vegas. I won the identical prop a few weeks ago on MNF, and a Joe Flacco TOTAL TDs prop (I think it was 2.5, trying to find my ticket to post) out in Vegas last year around this time.

I think onlinebet.ag (and sportsbetting.ag ) goofed on the wording, realize they made the mistake, but are refusing to pay the bet.

I am definitely switching sports books before the bowl season.
    Dude, had it been 2.5 we could have a discussion. Anyone with half a brain knows the book is not offering 0.5 passing tds for a qb. If they were, you were betting a bad line.

rangerz2478

Total TD Passes by Matthew Stafford (DET)

Total Touchdowns by Calvin Johnson (DET)

That's the wording for the props for tonight. On the off chance Calvin throws a td (on a reverse), it would NOT be a win because he did not physically score the touchdown. "Total touchdowns, or touchdowns scored" means he needs to score the td, not throw it. Passing td's is obviously self explanatory. Clearly the qb needs to say PASSES. This is the universal way these props are graded. If you find a book that will grade your qb over 0.5 td bet a winner on a td pass, not a run then let me know. I wanna deposit there asap.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

I think we've seen the last of ZACK and his other FANTOME.

Coat6461
    Coat6461's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

You guys get a little sensitive on this board.

I definitely thought 0.5 was low (hence the over bet)....poor wording, in my opinion, to say the least.