bananaboy005
    bananaboy005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

bet365 big disappointment

bet365 was my favourite bookie, till this morning. There was a live basketball match between

DLSU Green Archers vs SBC Red Lions, it was about 4mins left, result was 69-67, it was pretty close match and I see a big value on odds about overtime 6.50, so I bet they finished 74:74. I won my money and I was happy, but just for 30mins, than they have voided my bet and I get an email:

Bet Confirmation - TQS4620609910W - Mobile Time of bet: 07/12/2013 05:50:01 Print
    Selections
    No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
    1 Yes DLSU Green Archers vs SBC Red Lions
    (Will There Be Overtime?) 07/12/2013 None 6.50 Void
    Stake: 22.00 Returns: 22.00

We are contacting you regarding bet ID QS4620609910W placed at the odds of 6.50 on Yes (Will There Be Overtime? DLSU Green Archers vs SBC Red Lions). We have identified that this selection was placed after the outcome was already known or a material advantage was gained and as such, in accordance with our rules, the selection has been made void.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    The Bet365 Team
    Their email was a big joke, so I want some answers from chat, but that guy was useless:

Darren W has joined this chat.
    You are now chatting with Darren W.
    Darren W Hello, welcome to bet365 Live Chat. How may I help you?
    Aidas Hello
    Aidas I got few voided bets, can you explaine this one?Aidas Bet Confirmation - TQS4620609910W - Mobile Time of bet: 07/12/2013 05:50:01 Print
    Selections
    No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
    1 Yes DLSU Green Archers vs SBC Red Lions
    (Will There Be Overtime?) 07/12/2013 None 6.50 Voi
    dAidas the matched finished 74-74, I bet when result was 69-67
    Darren W This was a friendly match and there was no overtime played.
    Aidas so enyway it finishes equal score its the same isn't it ?
    Darren W Correct.
    Aidas so the bet should won isn't it?
    Darren W There was no overtime played by there choice as it was as friendly game.
    Aidas yea, but in email it was explained different
    Aidas Hi Aidas, We are contacting you regarding bet ID QS4620609910W placed at the odds of 6.50 on Yes (Will There Be Overtime? DLSU Green Archers vs SBC Red Lions). We have identified that this selection was placed after the outcome was already known or a material advantage was gained and as such, in accordance with our rules, the selection has been made void. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    The bet365 Team
    Aidas how could I know the outcome if bet this at the middle of the 4th quater?
    Darren W One moment please. Let me have a look.
    Darren W Thanks for waiting. As this was a friendly game there was no overtime so we have voided bets.
    Aidas the was overtime, but they didn't play ?
    Darren W There was overtime. It was a friendly game they decided not to play
    Aidas so the bet is correct it was overtime, and you paid for it, but after 30mins you voided, it so strange, because I have bet for an equal result, and it was 74-74 ?
    Darren W The email you got was a generic email.
    Darren W There was no over time so your bet would have lost but we have voided it as it was a friendly game.
    Aidas its joke because if the result is equal after 4 quaters, its automaticaly overtime and other bookies paying for that
    Darren W That is correct but they did not play any overtime.
    Aidas I feel that I'm robbed by bet365
    Darren W No overtime was played so your bet would have lost.
    Darren W We have given you your money back.
    Aidas ok thanks for nothing, anyway I'll complain in some betting forums
    Aidas good luck
    Darren W We have voided a losing bet for you.
    Aidas you don't understand about basketball aren't you
    Darren W Was there over time played?
    Aidas it looks like I'm betting is this friendly or non friendly game
    Aidas 74:74 is automaticaly overtime, that odds 6.5 was for the result after 4 quaters?Darren W What was the score at the end of overtime?
    Darren W We are still awaiting your response; let me know if you need any help.
    Darren W Do you have the score at the end of the overtime?

He probably don't know, about basketball. So I feel I was robbed by bet365 and I know that they won't change an outcome of my bet, but anyway I would like to share this with all of you.

fabulous
    fabulous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

If that was friendly game with no possibility to have an overtime, why did they propose bet type "will there be overtime" ?? That was stupid from them, in that case bet on "no overtime" would necessarily have been "won" so ?! I agree with you, in my mind it's clear that "will there be overtime" is the same as "equal score at the end of regular time", so they should paid if they were honest... The most ridiculous is they dare say they voided a bet that should have been lost bet for you !! According to them you should say them "thank you!" LOL

bananaboy005
    bananaboy005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by fabulous View Post
    If that was friendly game with no possibility to have an overtime, why did they propose bet type "will there be overtime" ?? That was stupid from them, in that case bet on "no overtime" would necessarily have been "won" so ?! I agree with you, in my mind it's clear that "will there be overtime" is the same as "equal score at the end of regular time", so they should paid if they were honest... The most ridiculous is they dare say they voided a bet that should have been lost bet for you !! According to them you should say them "thank you!" LOL
    Thank you, they just don't want to pay and it is so hard to get winning odds on draw in basketball and they just robbed me

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

I believed bet365 is wrong to offer the overtime yes or no, which they do not know if the match will have overtime even the score is a tie. they have rights to void the offer. just my thought...

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38337

Their live betting is great since it has every game but problem is the 30 cent juice. Basically you will see lot of -115/-115 so its not worth a bet ever.

diondublin
    diondublin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

This bet is obviously - morally - a bet on a regulation-time tie.

Bet£3.65 should pay out.

RedDevil1974
    RedDevil1974's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by diondublin View Post
    This bet is obviously - morally - a bet on a regulation-time tie.

Bet£3.65 should pay out.
    Wrong.

Both teams knew overtime was NEVER in play so all bets rightly should be void and were, as they were with other books. Because it shouldn't have been offered.

For as many ppl like this guy who got dead lucky won without knowing there wouldn't be OT, would be losers on it too who also never realised the wouldn't get a run whatever the score.

muffins
    muffins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Technically you lost as you bet that there would be overtime. There wasn't. You didn't bet that scores would be equal at "full-time" or that scores would be equal at end of "regular time". So if you really want them to settle it instead of voiding it you will lose your money as "No" is the correct result in that Overtime Yes/No market.

Clearly this market should be void, can't believe you're even arguing they should settle a market with winners and losers based on overtime occurring in a match in which overtime wasn't a possibility. Especially given you bet on the wrong answer.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Interesting one here but I'd say the book should action wagers that end in a regulation tie, regardless if OT was played or not. It was quite obvious what the bet was intended for. As long as the player did not get in advantage in the pricing or take a shot with a bad line, it should be actioned IMO.