allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Match Fixing in UK

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-more-arrested

I just wondered where do these match fixers place their bets... Pinny and sbobet?

hard to bet 200.000 in total on a 2nd division soccer match without raising some eyebrows

how would those bets affect the line movements and the closing lines?

when pinnacle profile customers do they have the match-fixing category besides the sharps and squares?

OnkelChris
    OnkelChris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3243

Those syndicates have 1.000 sleepers and more often sitting in china or india. One call and everyone is betting a few $$. Well the total volume raises red flags anyway but this way it is much harder to detect and getting the right persons behind.

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

They will be on some unregulated Asian market. Regulated bookmakers will in general report unusual betting patterns including high total staking levels on low level football as it is in their own interests to do so.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Asian books.
    Pinnacle and Betfair if the game is available. Also the Darknet...
    If bets are taken, then lines move - why wouldnt they? Sometimes the game will be pulled if its extreme.
    "Regulated" books may report unsual betting patterns - but you will still get paid, so you can still bet with mainstream books - but they will limit/ban you after payment.

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

No, they don't place bets on Pinny, sbobet etc. That would be a suicide. There are illegal bookmakers, where all the organized crime is going on and there are hundreds thousands of dollars at stake. I may be mistaken, but one of the scenarios can go like this: one guy can meet with a soccer player and say: 'Look, we are willing to give you 100k, but you and your teammates must fix a match for us.' And for that, he is not the only player that knows about it. In a match fixing scandal, the whole team is involved, sometimes even a referee. Besides that, they make sure, that the fixed match is not televised.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

The organized crime groups fixing these matches are the same ones who run the illegal bookmakers. I doubt they are betting against themselves. No doubt this money is being put down at each and every book across the world.

Likely spread out amongst many books and many players.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    No, they don't place bets on Pinny, sbobet etc. That would be a suicide. There are illegal bookmakers, where all the organized crime is going on and there are hundreds thousands of dollars at stake. I may be mistaken, but one of the scenarios can go like this: one guy can meet with a soccer player and say: 'Look, we are willing to give you 100k, but you and your teammates must fix a match for us.' And for that, he is not the only player that knows about it. In a match fixing scandal, the whole team is involved, sometimes even a referee. Besides that, they make sure, that the fixed match is not televised.
    Theres a lot wrong with this statement.

SharkAA

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    Theres a lot wrong with this statement.
    For example what?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    They do place bets at Pinnacle and SBO. These might not be the top dogs, or biggest bets - but bets are made. An example would be for Canadian soccer where only Pinnacle from the main books continued to offer odds. Massive line changes pre game, which suggests abnormal betting patterns......
    But I agree these wont be the biggest bets - those will be at books we have never heard of which is why I mentioned the darknet.http://www.declanhill.com/blog/item/...anadian-soccer

Matches can be televised. Or a stream available. The Gold cup tournament, last two were fixed, all games televised and bets were again placed at the mainstream books.....http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/091220...mes-fixed.html
    One of the biggest fixes was Argentina 4-1 Nigeria friendly, again televised and again big bets were taken at Betfair and mainstream books.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_871345.html

It wont always be "the whole team" on the fix. Often its a few defenders, goalkeeper or referee. In the Argentina game it was the referee, he got lifetime ban I believe. (late penalty was given). In the champions league game involving Debrecen and Liverpool - it was just the goalkeeper.....

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm from Singapore and I can assure you that besides being a major international banking centre, this sunny island is home to a ton of shady operators in the sports betting industry. Have met and drank with a couple of these operators, best leave them alone if you value your life and family.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Asian underground soccer betting market is massive
    Singapore has a lot of illegal gambling also

SharkAA

They do place bets at Pinnacle and SBO. These might not be the top dogs, or biggest bets - but bets are made. An example would be for Canadian soccer where only Pinnacle from the main books continued to offer odds. Massive line changes pre game, which suggests abnormal betting patterns......
    But I agree these wont be the biggest bets - those will be at books we have never heard of which is why I mentioned the darknet.http://www.declanhill.com/blog/item/...anadian-soccer

Matches can be televised. Or a stream available. The Gold cup tournament, last two were fixed, all games televised and bets were again placed at the mainstream books.....http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/091220...mes-fixed.html
    One of the biggest fixes was Argentina 4-1 Nigeria friendly, again televised and again big bets were taken at Betfair and mainstream books.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_871345.html

It wont always be "the whole team" on the fix. Often its a few defenders, goalkeeper or referee. In the Argentina game it was the referee, he got lifetime ban I believe. (late penalty was given). In the champions league game involving Debrecen and Liverpool - it was just the goalkeeper.....
    Maybe I have expressed myself a wrong way. With the televised matches I meant, that for the fixed games criminals, who run illegal books, prefer not to be televised. And no, the whole team will know about it and act appropriately, not just few players. Besides, I was talking about soccer matches in Europe, not for Canada. And it's the illegal bookmakers, where big big bucks are at stake, not Pinny or sbobet. You really think some people, who know about fixed matches will go to Pinny and say 'fyk yeah, let's make some money' with a bet of 1k on a game? I don't think so.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

I gave you examples, you just dismiss them.
    Its ok, you sound young.

SharkAA

I gave you examples, you just dismiss them.
    Its ok, you sound young.
    The thread is about match fixing in the UK and not about Canadian soccer, Gold Cup or Argentina-Nigeria.
    It's ok, you just got a little bit confused.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

"Besides that, they make sure, that the fixed match is not televised."
    Thats what you said, then you change and say:"I expressed myself in the wrong way" lol.
    I think you are the one who is confused.

Match fixing in UK will follow a similar pattern to all my examples. - its all linked to asia.

SharkAA

Ok then, have it your sarcastic way of dialog Over and out.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

The word you are looking for is condescending, not sarcastic, my friend

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

i always wonder where these mothefukers wager the albanian superleague matches...Pinny,Sbo , no bookie offer them !!! So , there must be some bookies in China/Singapore we have never heard of.

SharkAA

The word you are looking for is condescending, not sarcastic, my friend
    If that's how you going to call it, go ahead. Btw-you really think people who know about fixed matches will log in to Pinny, place huge bets on a game and make a 'chaos'? Ok, there have been cases, like your examples, but do really think this will continue?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

As long as odds are offered and bets being taken, then yes why wouldnt it?
    The biggest players wont be playing at these books, we agree on this.
    But you mentioned it would be "suicide" to do so - all i am saying is it isnt and that suspicious bets are taken all the time at SBO etc.

allin1
    Update your status

all i am saying is it isnt and that suspicious bets are taken all the time at SBO etc.
    big volume on 2nd divisions should always raise some eyebrows but if they are using a lot of people placing regular bets at a lot of different books then they might get away with it

SharkAA

As long as odds are offered and bets being taken, then yes why wouldnt it?
    The biggest players wont be playing at these books, we agree on this.
    But you mentioned it would be "suicide" to do so - all i am saying is it isnt and that suspicious bets are taken all the time at SBO etc.
    Because bookmakers may forward the suspicious betting patterns, made by the users, to the police. And if I am not mistaken, they reserve every right for it.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

It would take too much of my time and energy to answer you properly.
    In short - SBO and Pinnacle take bets on suspicious game every week, in Europe in South America, In fukking Canada... it is fact. You are arguing against fact.

SharkAA

It would take too much of my time and energy to answer you properly.
    In short - SBO and Pinnacle take bets on suspicious game every week, in Europe in South America, In fukking Canada... it is fact. You are arguing against fact.
    Not arguing, I've just stated, that bookmakers reserve every right to forward suspicious bets to the police.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Underground books will also have their own risks.
    The fact that people continue to play fixed games, means at the moment - "The juice is worth the squeeze".

allin1
    Update your status

it seems these guys are betting on props too not just final result

RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle has never reported suspicious betting patterns.

BetFair has many times.

I've known about fixed matches in tennis... I bet the max at Heritage, Pinnacle and 5Dimes. Guess what? Nothing happened to me.

And LOL at "the whole team knowing". You really need to read a few books about fixes before you start talking about it. It really varies... sometimes its just one or two people.. very rarely does a whole team get together and agree on a fix.

As for not televised, there's been CL, Europa League, World Cup and Premier League matches fixed, not to mention hundreds of Serie A matches. Asian fixers will get people to fix in any league, in any situation, to any player, they can.

SharkAA

Quote Originally Posted by RichardGeorge View Post

BetFair has many times.

I've known about fixed matches in tennis... I bet the max at Heritage, Pinnacle and 5Dimes. Guess what? Nothing happened to me.

And LOL at "the whole team knowing". You really need to read a few books about fixes before you start talking about it. It really varies... sometimes its just one or two people.. very rarely does a whole team get together and agree on a fix.

As for not televised, there's been CL, Europa League, World Cup and Premier League matches fixed, not to mention hundreds of Serie A matches. Asian fixers will get people to fix in any league, in any situation, to any player, they can.
    I am pretty sure I've read more than you did. Yes, sometimes it's just 1 or 2 players (rigging) and sometimes whole team knows about it (match fixing). Just 1 example: http://sportsport.ba/ino_fudbal/loko...takmicu/105597

A title says: 'Lokomotiva and Dinamo fixed the match'
    Last edited by SharkAA; 11-29-13 at 03:03 PM.

theballsflop
    Fish

What many people here might not know is that there are 2 major credit books in Asia, IBCbet and SBObet (yes they have agents who offer credit accounts). These books offer many exotic soccer league markets, and you'll be shocked at the trading volume on these markets among Asian degenerates. Some of the more heavily traded markets such as the ones mentioned in the reports as well as Singapore's own soccer league, the Malaysian league and Indonesian league are heavily 'influenced' by men of power.

All this leads back to the 2 books mentioned. When they have a particularly heavy boat on a certain side in a league that is prone to manipulation, they go through the process to fix the match so as to guarantee a hefty profit.

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RichardGeorge View Post

BetFair has many times.

I was suspecting all of it, but the idea still shocks me.

jjgold

But if you go to SBOBET max wagers are like $500 on smaller soccer leagues..meaning post up accounts

Is it different for credit accounts??

theballsflop
    Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    But if you go to SBOBET max wagers are like $500 on smaller soccer leagues..meaning post up accounts

Is it different for credit accounts??
    SBObet and IBCbet do not hold any risk or liability on these credit accounts and what is wagered on these accounts. Credit accounts are settled with external agents and in turn their master agents, all under a few major underground betting organisation's umbrella. The limits are set by the agents in accordance with how big a whale the punter is and his perceived ability to pay off losses. I've seen accounts where limits are set at $50,000. Interesting point to note is that the currency in these accounts are always in HKD, but is usually settled in local currency, for example a Singapore punter with a Singapore agent will be dealing in SGD regardless of the HKD currency indicated on the account. Placing a HKD 1,000 bet will in effect be placing a SGD 1,000 bet.

I believe that SBO and IBC receives commission from the organisations based on the number of accounts opened by the agents as well as the volume wagered on these accounts.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

don't want to burst your bubble, but the practice of showing an account in one currency and settling in another, is the primary warning sign of a scam agent who is never going to pay your bets if you win consistently. the notion of any agent offering known fixers enormous limits on exotic leagues is ridiculous; someone actually has to pay these bets. it's exactly why fixing is spreading, the leagues that used to be fixed have become so corrupted it's impossible to get a decent bet on, hence the attempts to fix games in "honourable" leagues.

jjgold

That currency thing is strange

Why would they use two for an account??

theballsflop
    Fish

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    don't want to burst your bubble, but the practice of showing an account in one currency and settling in another, is the primary warning sign of a scam agent who is never going to pay your bets if you win consistently. the notion of any agent offering known fixers enormous limits on exotic leagues is ridiculous; someone actually has to pay these bets. it's exactly why fixing is spreading, the leagues that used to be fixed have become so corrupted it's impossible to get a decent bet on, hence the attempts to fix games in "honourable" leagues.
    The agents are working for the organisations that are linked to these match fixing. They attract big-time punters and fade their bets just like how a book will fade your action, normally these punters are not sharps but are very rich businessmen as well as underground figures (drug dealers, pimps etc.). So yes, the variance is huge and the runners aka the small-timers working on the ground setting up these accounts will not be able to sustain the swings in the long run if they choose to 'fight' the punters' action, but they can actually choose not to. Start of the week every Monday, they have a short meeting with their higher-ups and decide on how many % of the action they want to fade. Most master agents aka the higher-ups establish a mandatory 30% rule i.e the agents on the ground have to give a minimum of 30% of the action to the bosses. But this % is known to vary from master agent to master agent. But end of the day, as gamblers we are well aware that the house always wins, whether through vig or long-term edge, and unless you are a sharp you will not be able to consistently win. The majority of credit punters are not sharps, trust me.

I believe that the HKD indicated in the accounts is a result of the organisation being based in HK but that's just my guess. To be honest, it's a notional symbol, everyone in Singapore who bets on these accounts know that everything is settled in SGD. Never been an issue tbh.

12 Last