drawster
    drawster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Offshore bank account

Hi all,

I have a small question regarding opening an offshore bank account.

I know it's not a problem to open the account itself (In the UK), but is it possible to use this account in order to deposit/withdrawal funds into/from bookies?
    If so what bookies?

Thank you in advance.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

A UK bank account should be able to let you play anywhere, provided the book accepts UK residents.

drawster

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    A UK bank account should be able to let you play anywhere, provided the book accepts UK residents.
    even though I'm not a UK citizen?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20483

I don't believe a bookie could care less where you fund your account from as long as the money comes through. But it does matter where you live. If you're a US citizen trying to play at books in the real world you'll have a problem.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1030

Quote Originally Posted by drawster View Post
    Hi all,

I have a small question regarding opening an offshore bank account.

I know it's not a problem to open the account itself (In the UK), but is it possible to use this account in order to deposit/withdrawal funds into/from bookies?
    If so what bookies?

Thank you in advance.
    If your question is: Can I play at pinnacle and other books that don't take U.S. clients by just opening a UK bank account? then the answer is, "No."

drawster

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I don't believe a bookie could care less where you fund your account from as long as the money comes through. But it does matter where you live. If you're a US citizen trying to play at books in the real world you'll have a problem.
    I'm not a US citizen but not a UK citizen either, I'm from Israel and bookies don't accept israeli CC.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1030

Quote Originally Posted by drawster View Post
    I'm not a US citizen but not a UK citizen either, I'm from Israel and here you can't deposit using an IL CC.
    Since it's a non-standard arrangement your best bet is to call where you want to play, and explain to them how you want to fund your account. They'll tell you "yes" or "no."

Or maybe email, since a lot of customer service people get confused by non-standard requests. If you have any doubts, ask for a manager to send you an assurance in an email so you have that for down the road.