1. #1506
    eddie701
    eddie701's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-10-14
    Posts: 41
    Betpoints: 204

    For any company to be investigated or brought to Justice, they need to be registered.
    You cant bring a Company to court if it does not exist.

    We can re-register Canbet because it has legal action already taken through the small claims court, that they have ignored.
    I have a judgement against them. So have others on here.

  2. #1507
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Quote Originally Posted by eddie701 View Post
    For any company to be investigated or brought to Justice, they need to be registered.
    You cant bring a Company to court if it does not exist.

    We can re-register Canbet because it has legal action already taken through the small claims court, that they have ignored.
    I have a judgement against them. So have others on here.
    But if Canbet has no assets anymore, taking them to court would be pointless. Even if we win, they cannot pay us. That's why a civil action against the owners (and their private money) was suggested.

  3. #1508
    Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-06
    Posts: 23,412
    Betpoints: 12544

    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
    But if Canbet has no assets anymore, taking them to court would be pointless. Even if we win, they cannot pay us. That's why a civil action against the owners (and their private money) was suggested.
    "

    • if the directors have wrongfully traded or committed a tax fraud or some other offence"


    I don't know, but if this aspect could be upheld it may be of significance to ASIC or a civil court?

  4. #1509
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    "

    • if the directors have wrongfully traded or committed a tax fraud or some other offence"


    I don't know, but if this aspect could be upheld it may be of significance to ASIC or a civil court?
    Right now we are waiting a report from Shari, after she talks with the ASIC investigator. Until that better don't decide anything.

  5. #1510
    Lewie
    Lewie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-14
    Posts: 8

    Taking the helm

    My son in law has told me about the money he is owed by these thieves and as I am retired I would be more than willing to help in anyway I can. His first child is due in September and 2500 is nothing to sniffed at so let me know if I can be of any use. I am based in Birmingham and know a little about the law but not enough to fight this unfortunately.

    Let me know


    Chris
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eddie701

  6. #1511
    Mr Bollo
    Mr Bollo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-14
    Posts: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    I've said this before - someone needs to petition for the Canbet companies in the UK wound up so the Insolvency Service comes into play. I can't do it as you need to be a debtor of at least 750 to issue the petition. It also costs 1530 to do it, but maybe a few people would chip in for that. Of course this could be money chasing rainbows as there is no guarantee that a case would proceed, in the same manner as ASIC has decided.
    JayZ has given the only decent advice in the last few pages.

    1. Get Canbet Uk Ltd put into compulsory liquidation by way of a winding up petition. They owe the money so English law applies. Total cost around 2kish including lawyers.

    2. Liquidator will then investigate the affairs of company and the conduct of the directors. If there is sufficient evidence, the liquidator can apply for any of the directors to be charged with wrongful trading or fraudulent trading. He is the only person with power to apply for these charges.

    3. If found guilty of either offence, the court can order a director to make a personal contribution to company assets. Wrongful trading earns a ban from being a UK company director, and fraudulent trading a prison sentence.

    4.The fact that the directors and their personal assets are in Australia does no present a problem. UK judgment debts are enforceable against Australian residents, as are custodial sentences.
    Last edited by Mr Bollo; 07-31-14 at 07:02 PM.

  7. #1512
    mojobullfrog
    mojobullfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-24-13
    Posts: 176
    Betpoints: 870

    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
    Right now we are waiting a report from Shari, after she talks with the ASIC investigator. Until that better don't decide anything.
    Good advice Guy. I'm hoping to speak to Shari in the next couple of days. Understanding why ASIC closed the investigation is necessary before other options are explored. Sit tight everyone and keep the discussion going. If any of you use social media, I encourage you to become active and help direct people to this forum. The inaction of the UK Gambling Commission alone is something of concern for all corporate bookmaker customers, not just those who were bitten by Canbet.

  8. #1513
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Quote Originally Posted by mojobullfrog View Post
    Good advice Guy. I'm hoping to speak to Shari in the next couple of days. Understanding why ASIC closed the investigation is necessary before other options are explored. Sit tight everyone and keep the discussion going. If any of you use social media, I encourage you to become active and help direct people to this forum. The inaction of the UK Gambling Commission alone is something of concern for all corporate bookmaker customers, not just those who were bitten by Canbet.
    Exactly. We must first know what were the conclusions of ASIC, to see WHERE we have to attack. And I really think we need to her an opinion of a lawyer after that.

  9. #1514
    eddie701
    eddie701's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-10-14
    Posts: 41
    Betpoints: 204

    Got this to-day from Company Check.

    STRIKING OFF ACTION DISCONTINUED

    04607216 CANBET SPORTS BOOKMAKERS LIMITED

    Cause has been shown why the above company should not be struck off the register
    and accordingly the Register is taking no further action under section 1000 of the companies act 2006
    pursuant of the Notice dated 28/07/14


    It looks like somebody has blocked their path.

  10. #1515
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Quote Originally Posted by eddie701 View Post
    Got this to-day from Company Check.

    STRIKING OFF ACTION DISCONTINUED

    04607216 CANBET SPORTS BOOKMAKERS LIMITED

    Cause has been shown why the above company should not be struck off the register
    and accordingly the Register is taking no further action under section 1000 of the companies act 2006
    pursuant of the Notice dated 28/07/14


    It looks like somebody has blocked their path.
    Does that mean that they were not allowed to dissolve?

  11. #1516
    eddie701
    eddie701's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-10-14
    Posts: 41
    Betpoints: 204

    A big fat yes.

  12. #1517
    Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-09
    Posts: 2,362
    Betpoints: 2790

    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
    But if Canbet has no assets anymore, taking them to court would be pointless. Even if we win, they cannot pay us. That's why a civil action against the owners (and their private money) was suggested.
    No doubt they were formed as a LLC which makes going after the owners a waste of time since they are protected under a LLC.

  13. #1518
    eddie701
    eddie701's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-10-14
    Posts: 41
    Betpoints: 204

    Another offense that Canbet committed . Not informing creditors that they were dissolving the company, can carry a prison sentence of up to 7years.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mojobullfrog

  14. #1519
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    No doubt they were formed as a LLC which makes going after the owners a waste of time since they are protected under a LLC.
    Unless a fraud is proven. With your logic, everyone could form a company, take loans from various banks, transfer that loaned money on the owners private accounts, and then dissolve the company, without any obligation to return the loans. You think that the poor banks would lose the money because the company was formed as a LLC?

    That thing probably happened with Canbet. No way they've lost all the money because of bad management. The money was transferred intentionaly...you know where.
    Last edited by GuybrushT; 08-01-14 at 01:37 PM.

  15. #1520
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Quote Originally Posted by eddie701 View Post
    Another offense that Canbet committed . Not informing creditors that they were dissolving the company, can carry a prison sentence of up to 7years.
    I've pointed that few days ago. Even if someone must dissolve the company, and there is no fraud, he MUST inform the people they owe. Only thieves run and hide...

    If here everything was genuine, Lord and White would surely inform us what happened, and gave us a million of apologies. Of course they haven't, we all know why...

  16. #1521
    eddie701
    eddie701's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-10-14
    Posts: 41
    Betpoints: 204

    A company has to hold on to its finance accounts for 5 or 6 years. You cant dispose of them just because your finished with the company.
    Just saying, if we went the court route of getting the courts to liquidate the company.
    The company might not have any assets, but the liquidator will go through their accounts with a fine tooth comb.
    And your guaranteed to find some creative accounting, which will result in bad news for the directors.

    If found guilty by the taxman, than after that walking into a civil would be a doddle.
    Remember the saying, the long arm of the law.

  17. #1522
    Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-09
    Posts: 2,362
    Betpoints: 2790

    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
    Unless a fraud is proven. With your logic, everyone could form a company, take loans from various banks, transfer that loaned money on the owners private accounts, and then dissolve the company, without any obligation to return the loans. You think that the poor banks would lose the money because the company was formed as a LLC?
    With my logic? Where was fraud ever mentioned in my post or the post I quoted.

    Nice job putting words in my mouth.

  18. #1523
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    With my logic? Where was fraud ever mentioned in my post or the post I quoted.

    Nice job putting words in my mouth.
    You said that going after them is a waste of time, so it looks like you think there is no fraud at all. Sorry IF I misunderstood.

  19. #1524
    Lewie
    Lewie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-14
    Posts: 8

    Surely its easy to put them into compulsory liquidation? Everybody who wants a chance of seeing their money again puts their name forward and sends a cheque for say 5.00 payable to whichever legal company is chosen. 500 names at a fiver a throw is 2500 which is plenty, if the target is not met then we up the ante for the ones who do want to see them thieves pay.

    5 or even 10 is pennies to what we are out at the moment and all being well we hit them with a class action for the 1,000,000 we are owed, that's got to make the papers.

  20. #1525
    lcasey
    lcasey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-13
    Posts: 49
    Betpoints: 2238

    yes this sounds common sense to me ,lets get organised under some sort of banner or spokesperson, need to be in uk

  21. #1526
    onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-13
    Posts: 8,151

    i suggest you all give 10, target 5k and give it to me.
    it will be better spent, thanks.

  22. #1527
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    i suggest you all give 10, target 5k and give it to me.
    it will be better spent, thanks.
    What's your goal on this thread? Are you working for Peter or Graeme maybe?

  23. #1528
    onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-13
    Posts: 8,151

    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
    What's your goal on this thread? Are you working for Peter or Graeme maybe?
    is that all you think about?
    just putting things into perspective. anytime you have money, anywhere, even banks - theres a risk.

  24. #1529
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    is that all you think about?
    just putting things into perspective. anytime you have money, anywhere, even banks - theres a risk.
    Ok, you said your opinion. Can we now continue the discussion without you? If you don't have anything constructive to say, please don't interfere anymore ("i suggest you all give 10, target 5k and give it to me. it will be better spent, thanks." isn't very helpful). What are you doing is just pouring salt on an open wound. That's kind of rude, and not funny at all.
    Last edited by GuybrushT; 08-02-14 at 02:29 AM.

  25. #1530
    Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-06
    Posts: 23,412
    Betpoints: 12544

    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
    Ok, you said your opinion. Can we now continue the discussion without you? If you don't have anything constructive to say, please don't interfere anymore ("i suggest you all give 10, target 5k and give it to me. it will be better spent, thanks." isn't very helpful). What are you doing is just pouring salt on an open wound. That's kind of rude, and not funny at all.
    He's obviously a favourite backer and thinks those of us who don't mind backing underdogs are crackers!

  26. #1531
    onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-13
    Posts: 8,151

    Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    He's obviously a favourite backer and thinks those of us who don't mind backing underdogs are crackers!
    not at all. try to back favs when its the right time and back dogs when its the right time.
    no preference.

  27. #1532
    Lewie
    Lewie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-14
    Posts: 8

    If we get enough interested I will make some enquiries at different Law Companies, see what they say and subject to their reply and costing I will post the findings on here. Anyone who wants to go ahead can send a cheque made out to the company and if we get the amount required we go after the thieves.

    I assume nobody has any preference to where the firm are based?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lcasey, and simply

  28. #1533
    Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-24-09
    Posts: 2,096
    Betpoints: 19487

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewie View Post
    If we get enough interested I will make some enquiries at different Law Companies, see what they say and subject to their reply and costing I will post the findings on here. Anyone who wants to go ahead can send a cheque made out to the company and if we get the amount required we go after the thieves.

    I assume nobody has any preference to where the firm are based?
    Do any law firms offer a decent sign up bonus?

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  29. #1534
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    ...
    Last edited by GuybrushT; 08-03-14 at 05:30 PM.

  30. #1535
    onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-13
    Posts: 8,151

    i think i saw her near a dead horse

  31. #1536
    Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-24-09
    Posts: 2,096
    Betpoints: 19487

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewie View Post
    If we get enough interested I will make some enquiries at different Law Companies, see what they say and subject to their reply and costing I will post the findings on here. Anyone who wants to go ahead can send a cheque made out to the company and if we get the amount required we go after the thieves.

    I assume nobody has any preference to where the firm are based?
    Ahhh the irony of a bunch of bonus whores losing 'their' money and wanting to take legal action to get some back. But they don't want to risk any money! Pay a lawyer retainer in advance? Gasp! Are you kidding??? Sounds risky!

    The guys that are owed $20k are willing to put up $100. LOL

    Maybe we can find a law firm that will give us a bonus when we sign up? Hmmmm.... and there must be a way to arb all of the judges rulings? At least lay off some of the risk? If they rule against us, can we win somewhere else? And clear the bonus! Gotta be a way??? Maybe SBR can put up some lines on which way the ruling will go maybe? Otherwise paying a law firm is just too risky. We might lose! We can't have that! We have no risk tolerance!!! That's why we are bonus whores and arbers to the end, right? That's why we all fell for Peter Lordes scam. L O penetrating L.!

    It's time to write this loss off, guys. This isn't going anywhere.

    I suspect most of you are like me, you bonuswhored and arbed the shit out of these books for years. I'm way way up after 10 years of doing this in my spare time. So Canbet (or somebody) got back $1500 of 'my' money, it was all their money anyway! According to my records I took over $7k in bonuses from Canbet over the years! I got burned once in 10 years, I honestly thought it would happen more often!

    Players are blaming everyone but themselves. Someone blamed Skrill? How penetrating ridiculous! You put your money into anything gambling related, YOU are risking that money. YOU are accepting the risk. We all knew full well that an online sportsbook 'licence' from anywhere might not be worth the paper it was printed on or the web page anyone can copy and paste it on. We all deposited anyway. I busted out the final $750 scam bonus one time and redeposited for it AGAIN knowing full well there were non payment issues being reported at SBR. So my fault, my loss. Greed finally got the better of me. I accept that. Although I was smart enough to STOP trying to bust it out when I saw it was going the wrong way.

    Yes, it's time to get over this and move on, nobody is going to jump up and represent this case for a portion of possible winnings, there is no motivating reason for them to do this. It's not a case that garners public sympathy, this is not a case where the downtrodden are having their rights further abused. This is just a case where a bunch of greedy 'gamblers' got taken by another couple of greedy fuckers.

    Only the lawyers come out ahead in a lawsuit, they are the greediest fuckers of all.

    Life goes on. On to the next bonus.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  32. #1537
    onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-13
    Posts: 8,151

    Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
    Ahhh the irony of a bunch of bonus whores losing 'their' money and wanting to take legal action to get some back. But they don't want to risk any money! Pay a lawyer retainer in advance? Gasp! Are you kidding??? Sounds risky!

    The guys that are owed $20k are willing to put up $100. LOL

    Maybe we can find a law firm that will give us a bonus when we sign up? Hmmmm.... and there must be a way to arb all of the judges rulings? At least lay off some of the risk? If they rule against us, can we win somewhere else? And clear the bonus! Gotta be a way??? Maybe SBR can put up some lines on which way the ruling will go maybe? Otherwise paying a law firm is just too risky. We might lose! We can't have that! We have no risk tolerance!!! That's why we are bonus whores and arbers to the end, right? That's why we all fell for Peter Lordes scam. L O penetrating L.!

    It's time to write this loss off, guys. This isn't going anywhere.

    I suspect most of you are like me, you bonuswhored and arbed the shit out of these books for years. I'm way way up after 10 years of doing this in my spare time. So Canbet (or somebody) got back $1500 of 'my' money, it was all their money anyway! According to my records I took over $7k in bonuses from Canbet over the years! I got burned once in 10 years, I honestly thought it would happen more often!

    Players are blaming everyone but themselves. Someone blamed Skrill? How penetrating ridiculous! You put your money into anything gambling related, YOU are risking that money. YOU are accepting the risk. We all knew full well that an online sportsbook 'licence' from anywhere might not be worth the paper it was printed on or the web page anyone can copy and paste it on. We all deposited anyway. I busted out the final $750 scam bonus one time and redeposited for it AGAIN knowing full well there were non payment issues being reported at SBR. So my fault, my loss. Greed finally got the better of me. I accept that. Although I was smart enough to STOP trying to bust it out when I saw it was going the wrong way.

    Yes, it's time to get over this and move on, nobody is going to jump up and represent this case for a portion of possible winnings, there is no motivating reason for them to do this. It's not a case that garners public sympathy, this is not a case where the downtrodden are having their rights further abused. This is just a case where a bunch of greedy 'gamblers' got taken by another couple of greedy fuckers.

    Only the lawyers come out ahead in a lawsuit, they are the greediest fuckers of all.

    Life goes on. On to the next bonus.

  33. #1538
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Hi Peter. Hi Graeme.

  34. #1539
    onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-13
    Posts: 8,151

    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
    ...
    lol

  35. #1540
    GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-08
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 1917

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    i think i saw her near a dead horse
    lol

First ... 41424344454647 ... Last
Top