Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by dink View Post
    ''It has not suspended customers solely for winning,'' said the spokesman. ''It is standard global bookmaking practice as part of managing your book to place restrictions on some products for a very small segment of customers.''

"What is meant by restrictions is this: they no longer offer you a fixed price service. A bookmaker’s point of difference to the TAB and its totalisator system is they offer fixed price to their clients. The odds are locked in at the time of placing the bet, where as TAB totalisator system is a pool of money that is distributed by weight of money for a particular result. So by not allowing you to bet fixed price with them, these bookies are effectively closing your account as well."

dink
    dink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

1 persons cry doesn't represent the majority, friends in high places (newspapers), richard doesn't represent me and i'm a winner

dink

Hareeba are you richard?

dink

Also remember the bet365 story about that guy who bet on the horses and was found out to be a relative of someone professionally involved in the races he bet on. He went to the media but was caught out.

In the end, these stories vanish because people like richard get found out.

Hareeba!

also remember the Bet365 story about that guy who bet on the horses and was found out to be a relative of someone professionally involved in the races he bet on. He went to the media but was caught out.

In the end, these stories vanish because people like richard get found out.
    So you are seriously suggesting this doesn't happen?

Even the bookies interviewed in the story admit it!!

idiot

dink

Of course it happens, but not to the extent you try and make it look like.

dink

Those people they are talking about bet in the high thousands, hundreds of thousands and millions

you don't fall under those categories, you're on the shared fraud watch.

there's a difference.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The majority of European and UK books will limit at you if you're picking off weak numbers and making decent size wagers on them some books are quicker than others

Being discreet and stay under the radar if you're in Arber you have no shot because you have to bet thousands to make pennies

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    Nobody's going to limit you for betting $150-$300 dollar bets--with the possible exception of Dimeline.
    You are wrong man! UK bookies will limit you even if your stake was 50$/bet.
    Sawyer is absolutely right! It's not about winning or losing money, it's all about your odds, i am an arber and i already got limited at bookies which i just lose the first 6-7 bets. (it already happened thousands of times) Every single ID i did use is the same thing...

jjgold

Digo forget arbing it's a waste of time

Hareeba!

Those people they are talking about bet in the high thousands, hundreds of thousands and millions

you don't fall under those categories, you're on the shared fraud watch.

there's a difference.

You have absolutely no idea!

I personally know of lots of people this has happened to.

None of them bet in "high thousands, hundreds of thousands and millions".

None of them are crooks.

Hareeba!

www.puntlane.com.au personally never used them, look to be a bit mickey-mouse
    www.vicbet.com.au one of the rare good ones, no sports but recommend them for racing, best tote for place
    www.flemingtonsportsbet.com.au mickey mouse, almost every bet slashed or rejected
    www.topodds.com.au not familiar with them - maybe worth a look
    www.betstar.com.au good until severely limited - now virtually useless - no fixed odds - no promo products
    www.unibet.com.au limited to useless for sports - good to a point for racing but not eligible for promo products
    www.topsport.com.au odds for most sports are unders but now my prime racing provider - BOB on city racing a huge plus - worry is how long they remain independent - look to be setting themselves up for a takeover by one of the corporate cowards
    www.sportsbet.com.au a corporate coward - limited me to peanuts, cut off fixed odds on racing then closed my acccount
    www.sportingbet.com.au corporate coward - limited to peanuts, no fixed odds on racing, offer me nothing I can't get or beat elsewhere
    www.centebet.com corporate coward - much the same as sportingbet
    www.iasbet.com corporate coward - part of Paddy Power and same as Sportsbet - closed my account
    www.ladbrokes.com.au corporate coward - closed my account within 2 hrs of opening before I'd had a bet
    www.tab.com.au put me on delay and heavily limit most of my sports bets to win max $500, but good for racing fixed odds if you can find competitive odds
    www.tatts.com.au much the same as tab.com.au
    www.betezy.com.au horrible platform, poor service, slow payers, rare to find competitive odds and limited to $1000 win on fixed odds racing
    www.tomwaterhouse.com a boon to the advertising industry, great for the average mug punter, useless for serious punters, closed my account
    www.bet365.com.au corporate coward - after just a few days limited to just a few products then on sixth day they closed my account - I had beaten them to the extent of $141!
    www.sportsbetting.com.au a waste of space, never put up early fixed odds for racing, uncompetitive odds most sports, heavily limited, banned from promo products
    Last edited by shari91; 04-04-14 at 10:29 PM. Reason: removed link

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Aside from the pro-focused books (Pinnacle, IBC, SBO), every book will limit eventually if you bet value. The only real question is how long it takes: bet sports the book has volume on, and they're less bothered. Steam, look like a bonus whore or simply pick off stale lines, you'll be gone quicker.

This is not new. It's been the same forever.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Aside from the pro-focused books (Pinnacle, IBC, SBO), every book will limit eventually if you bet value. The only real question is how long it takes: bet sports the book has volume on, and they're less bothered. Steam, look like a bonus whore or simply pick off stale lines, you'll be gone quicker.

This is not new. It's been the same forever.
    Correct.
    But why can't we have more "pro-focused" books?
    Don't they make money? Why can't the others learn from them?
    Those you nominated and the exchanges are the only real options for most serious punters.

roanildinho
    roanildinho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Correct.
    Those you nominated and the exchanges are the only real options for most serious punters.
    So you;re saying sbobet and pinnacle will NEVER limit anyone>

Hareeba, what about TAB shops in AUS are there a lot of them and do they limit punters in shop

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by roanildinho View Post

Hareeba, what about TAB shops in AUS are there a lot of them and do they limit punters in shop
    The shops cater in the main for racing punters betting on the totalisator so they certainly won't limit them.

Personally I never patronise the shops any more, betting exclusively online so I'm not certain what happens with larger fixed odds bets on racing and sports but I expect that there is a limit they will bet to before referring it to head office. I'd be interested to hear from anyone with experience of that.

I do know of one punter who's account was closed by the Qld TAB (Tatts) and he also found that the shops in his vicinity also barred him. Not quite sure how they identified him. I guess he was a pretty well known local punter who they all knew.

roanildinho

The shops cater in the main for racing punters betting on the totalisator so they certainly won't limit them.

Personally I never patronise the shops any more, betting exclusively online so I'm not certain what happens with larger fixed odds bets on racing and sports but I expect that there is a limit they will bet to before referring it to head office. I'd be interested to hear from anyone with experience of that.

I do know of one punter who's account was closed by the Qld TAB (Tatts) and he also found that the shops in his vicinity also barred him. Not quite sure how they identified him. I guess he was a pretty well known local punter who they all knew.
    Yes maybe he got barred for violent activity? or for winning?

but yeah i guess SBOBET,PINNACLE,MATCHBOOK,BETFAIR NEVER LIMIT ?

dink

If you've been limited by even TAB and Tatts. You have to be on that iesnare system.

jjgold

SBOBET I think has certain limits for certain people

For usa sports its more smaller max bets..NBA and MLB pretty good maxes though but juice horrific

matchbook of course does not boot winners like Pinnacle

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

so matchbook and pinnacle will not limit you?

dink

bettingstation are you 5 years old? some of your posts seem to have been written by a baby.

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

bettingstation are you 5 years old? some of your posts seem to have been written by a baby.
    thanks for calling me a baby...hehehe.... well just asking...

Hareeba!

better to be 5 years old than 30+ and so stupid
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by bettingstation View Post
    so matchbook and pinnacle will not limit you?

Matchbook, like Betfair is an exchange, not a bookmaker.
    I know there is at least one exception but exchanges earn commission on turnover so it makes no sense for them to ban or limit winning players.

Hareeba!

If you've been limited by even TAB and Tatts. You have to be on that iesnare system.
    just further evidence that you have no idea what you are talking about

dink

just further evidence that you have no idea what you are talking about
    You're a crook with an agenda! It's obvious. I feel sorry for anyone who listens to your crap talk.

Your just lucky SBR has gone down hill and will allow a stooging shill fukwit like yourself to post here with your agenda's.

dink

better to be 5 years old than 30+ and so stupid
    Yeah, that's exactly what you are. I feel sorry for you!

roanildinho

hmm so even sbobet limits players who have won 300k monthly

Hareeba!

You're a crook with an agenda! It's obvious. I feel sorry for anyone who listens to your crap talk.

Your just lucky SBR has gone down hill and will allow a stooging shill fukwit like yourself to post here with your agenda's.
    It is you who are lucky that SBR is the slackest moderator of a board I've ever come across. Any other forum I've been involved in would have silenced you long ago for your unacceptable and unfounded accusations.

Their tolerance of crap from the likes of you discourages sensible people who have something worthwhile to contribute but don't bother because of what they have to put up with.

dink

It is you who are lucky that SBR is the slackest moderator of a board I've ever come across. Any other forum I've been involved in would have silenced you long ago for your unacceptable and unfounded accusations.

Their tolerance of crap from the likes of you discourages sensible people who have something worthwhile to contribute but don't bother because of what they have to put up with.
    No Hareeba, it's all you where the crap comes from.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Correct.
    I believe some or all of the following:

1) There's a limited market space for said pro-focused books. Asia seems to allow two, pinnacle covers much of the rest of the world.

2) Even if there is room for more, it's a difficult market to break into. Ask Mansion, phoenix and quite a few others who've tried and failed.

3) The trading skills and algorithms involved are not obvious - by contrast, the standard book model is easy to setup/run and well-known (high juice acting as a buffer against lopsided action, bonuses+marketing to attract customers, limit winners).

By now, I'd expected exchanges to have taken over. Betfair's lack of competition has made them greedy though, and the others have been slow to grow. I think matchbook is back on the right track of late though, and Ladbrokes will have a plan to grow betdaq.

iqbet
    iqbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Hareeba
    What other forums can you recommend?
    You can send a pm if it is not allowed to discuss.
    Thanks

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by iqbet View Post
    Hareeba
    What other forums can you recommend?
    You can send a pm if it is not allowed to discuss.
    Thanks
    Are you Australian?
    Doubt they'd be of much interest to you otherwise.

brent68
    brent68's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    SBOBET I think has certain limits for certain people

For usa sports its more smaller max bets..NBA and MLB pretty good maxes though but juice horrific

matchbook of course does not boot winners like Pinnacle
    Quote Originally Posted by roanildinho View Post
    hmm so even sbobet limits players who have won 300k monthly
    Not heard of anyone getting limited at SBO. Obviously they're not the best alternative for US sports.

Pinnacle boot winners? Never heard of that besides possibly one case. That said, I think the limits for various people vary a bit, on what criteria I have no idea, but they claim not to limit winners.

First 123 Last