olcmax
    olcmax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Strange issue with betting

need some advice here

i had vouched for a coworker whom i had given two accounts who just 1 has lost around 5k and one is up 8k. for some reason the guy i had opened it for had explain to me that his friend had died whom had lost the 5k. ANd now he wants to get paid in full with out deductions from his winnings. he says he will shot me if i dont get everything to him and he is not responsible for his friend who had past away. Do i call his bluff? even if it is true it should roll over as he had opened it for the guy. right?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Your co-worker wants to shoot you?

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by olcmax View Post
    need some advice here

i had vouched for a coworker whom i had given two accounts who just 1 has lost around 5k and one is up 8k. for some reason the guy i had opened it for had explain to me that his friend had died whom had lost the 5k. ANd now he wants to get paid in full with out deductions from his winnings. he says he will shot me if i dont get everything to him and he is not responsible for his friend who had past away. Do i call his bluff? even if it is true it should roll over as he had opened it for the guy. right?
    post of the year.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

I book action for two close friends. If one passed away who is in the red, I would eat the loss. And if the deceased was up $ I could either keep his profit, or give $ to his widow if I was in a good mood. Your situation may be different, as you're not explaining it very well. Tell the guy you want to attend his friends funeral. If he's really dead & it was the deceased account that lost the 5k, then you should eat the loss & pay other dude 8k. If it's a lie, obviously give him 3k & cut ties. Either way you should buy a gun to protect yourself just in case, this guy sounds like a loose cannon. Good luck.

petac
    petac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

call the bluff. His friend was dead before the account was opened. Same ip address? there is ways to check his bluff. Sounds like he was taking a shot at you, not literally ...well i hope not literally!

olcmax
    olcmax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

i found it was the same ip.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

i found it was the same ip.
    Your coworker killed his friend, gotta be it.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

considering its the same IP they must have been roommates and likely shared the same internet, happens all the time.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Are you going to kill him before he kills you?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

Good grief. What a thread.

Grow a set and call his bluff.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shoot yourself before he shoots you.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

You said you gave two accounts to one guy. That guy is responsible for collecting both accounts. Different than giving accounts to two friends IMO. No way in hell you give in to that.

Be sure to tell him you are very sorry for his loss(es).

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

wow what a story...hahaha...

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

First comes gambling, then greed and sometimes..MURDER

petac
    petac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

whatever happened with this story :P

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

any update?

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

tell your co-worker to go F&&K himself and if he declines the $3K balance actually owed even one time, then he will be totally stiffed.

dafirestar
    dafirestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Are you kidding?

need some advice here

They guy is completely unreasonable, he is trying to flat out cheat you. The guy is at best entitled to 3k, but once he gets his 3K you must separate from him and not deal with him, vouch for him or have anything to do with the guy.
    It actually seems to me he was taking a shot in the first place and wasn't going to pay anybody anything should he have lost in the first place. In that sense you have an argument to not pay him a nickel.

dafirestar
    dafirestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I thought about suggesting proof of death, but than if the guy really did die that doesn't alleviate the losses. Better not to even get into whether or not there in fact was a death in the first place.