MattyVegas
    MattyVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Maddening issue with Bovada

Shame on me for still using this book as one of my outs, but regardless...

Back in March I placed Prop Bets on Bryce Harper and Yoenis Cespedes to win the HR title this year. For some inexplicable reason, my open bets on both players were graded as NO ACTION on 3/19. In doing so, Bovada refunded the money used for these wagers but since the lines I locked in earlier in March were no longer available I called to ask why my original bets were now NO ACTION and how I could get them reinstated. In what has been the only positive customer service experience with these guys in over a year, the person I spoke with was able to reinstate the bets. Problem solved right?

Fast forward to the end of the MLB season and neither Harper nor Cespedes won the HR title. Oh well. Except one problem, apparently, Bovada customer service didn't reinstate my original bets, instead, they created new ones while the old ones remained NO ACTION (I couldn't see them anymore because they were no longer "open" bets). Anyway, today, not only did they grade my replacement bets as losses (which is fine), they also went back to the original bets that had been flagged as NO ACTION since 3/19 and turned them into losses as well! In doing so, they pulled money from my balance and essentially charged me twice for the same set of bets.

I've dealt with no fewer than 4 CS reps this evening and they all give the same response of "sir, the bets lost" despite my repeated explanation (and CS case # from March) that I only placed the bets once and it was Bovada customer service that placed the second set for me.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

complete garbage book....should be rated f but hey they pay the people at sbr so you know the deal.

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

But the bet lost....

MattyVegas

I know the bets lost, and I'm fine with paying for my original bets. What I'm not ok with is paying for the losses twice. Once for my original plays that were graded NO ACTION back in March (and stayed no action all season) and a second time for the bets that were intended to REPLACE the original ones which never should have been graded NO ACTION in the first place.

MattyVegas

Finally after multiple emails, and 2+ hours of phone convos with no fewer than 6 reps, someone at Bovada finally broke out a calculator and some common sense and resolved the issue. It's one thing to hire a bunch of customer service reps who don't understand basic sports betting lingo, it's another when they don't understand basic math. What a shitty book. Anyway, this issue was solved.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993425

Hi Matty,

Sounds like all it took to resolve this one was a supervisor's attention. I think you might be expecting too much from CS clerks, they don't have the authority to change your balance.

Thanks for sharing.

bostonboss

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Hi Matty,

Sounds like all it took to resolve this one was a supervisor's attention. I think you might be expecting too much from CS clerks, they don't have the authority to change your balance.

Thanks for sharing.
    expecting too much from the clerks? how about the clerks show just a little attention instead of saying you lost pal...why don't they take it to a manager or supervisor if they are incompetent. Terrible customer service and terrible response by sbr to OP.....basically its your fault OP for expecting someone to do their job the right way...shame on you..lol what a joke.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by bostonboss View Post
    expecting too much from the clerks? how about the clerks show just a little attention instead of saying you lost pal...why don't they take it to a manager or supervisor if they are incompetent. Terrible customer service and terrible response by sbr to OP.....basically its your fault OP for expecting someone to do their job the right way...shame on you..lol what a joke.
    I agree. Is alittle common sense from a bovada clerk really to much to ask?

bostonboss

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    I agree. Is alittle common sense from a bovada clerk really to much to ask?
    a little common sense from any clerk anywhere is not too much to ask.