Stacocakes
    Stacocakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

TD Canada Trust no longer allow's gambling transaction

Can't believe this time has come. Have been using TD Canada Trust **** for over 5 years to gamble with and I just found out yesteday that supposedly since September 1st, 2009 they are no longer allowing **** deposits to gambling sites from ************. Thats ****ing bullshit. For those that have asked questions before regarding the gambling transactions and TD Canada Trust in other threads, I have some answers for you. Basically you can wire money to and from gambling sites into your TD Canada Trust bank account and you can take money from a gambling site and withdraw it back to your **** card supposedly BUT the one thing you can't do is deposit money with your credit card. I knew this day would come sooner or later

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Td is still the best bank in canada, i agree with you ,that is was just a matter of time, but there are still lots of other options, have you ever tried ********, you can load it with your **** and the it is like a virtual ****, pinnacle accepts it and so does bet fair,

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

I was going to start a thread on this just now, because I can't deposit into Moneybookers using my TD ****.

So what other options are there? **********?

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    I was going to start a thread on this just now, because I can't deposit into Moneybookers using my TD ****.

So what other options are there? **********?
    i know i am repeating myself, but ******** sounds really good , you can load it with you credit card , they also offer a debit card so you can get your payouts with having to worry about cheques or banks blocking your wire, downside is only pinnacle and BetFair have them , although if you think about what more do you need in terms of books

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13658

Really uncertain banking future I feel. My gut feeling is that the clock is ticking regarding regular Moneybookers wire transactions to TD as well.....But on the other hand, I still know of people receiving MB payments to other banks that had told me they were no longer going to process Moneybookers (Scotiabank in this case).....

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    i know i am repeating myself, but ******** sounds really good , you can load it with you credit card , they also offer a debit card so you can get your payouts with having to worry about cheques or banks blocking your wire, downside is only pinnacle and BetFair have them , although if you think about what more do you need in terms of books
    Matchbook. But Matchbook takes interbook transfers (with 4x rollover). I've never heard of ********, do you know any reviews of it other than your own?

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

This has me a little worried. For now those of us using CIBC, Royal, and BMO are still in the clear but with TD switching over it seems like it's only a matter of time before they all do...

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Matchbook. But Matchbook takes interbook transfers (with 4x rollover). I've never heard of ********, do you know any reviews of it other than your own?
    i don't , i was hoping you would, but the fact pinnacle accepts , tells you the must be legit, don't you think?

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpage View Post
    Really uncertain banking future I feel. My gut feeling is that the clock is ticking regarding regular Moneybookers wire transactions to TD as well.....But on the other hand, I still know of people receiving MB payments to other banks that had told me they were no longer going to process Moneybookers (Scotiabank in this case).....
    i respect your opinions stump, do you think moneybooker bankwires are on they way out or all bank wires, if americans can recieve wires than we should certainly in canada. Yes/No

Dumb_lucK
    Dumb_lucK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think about it this way:

Your TD **** is "Borrowed Cash" or your line of credit, they simply don't want to run the risk of you racking up thousands and thousands in charges for gaming that they may not recoup (specially if your a deadbeat) not saying anyone here is.

Your bank account: Guaranteed funds, you have them, you can use them anyway you want, transfer funds in, transfer them out, it's your money. A credit card is "not" your money.

It's not that odd that a "Credit" card company would disallow transactions to online gaming site. However, if they allow them to pay back your ****, well they know they're getting paid, why stop the transaction?

Chalk this up to all those who hurry and make falsified chargebacks because they don't win.

Use Prepaids, untracable and reliable.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpage View Post
    I don't see regular MB payments stopping. The last time I wired MB some money nothing was said. I am still able to use my **** for certain transactions but MB isn't one of them. Where there's a will there's a way, and I can get around some of it.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

I met a head office guy at the most moral of the banks, Bank of Nova Scotia.

He told me he would check out the decision to not allow gambling transactions there after I told him it was costing him business and I and other I know wouldn't use them for any banking because of it.

$$$$$ talk. Bullshit walks.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13658

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    i respect your opinions stump, do you think moneybooker bankwires are on they way out or all bank wires, if americans can recieve wires than we should certainly in canada. Yes/No
    Thanks spec...I really don't know, but I also respect 20Four7's opinion, so what he has posted has me somewhat hopeful. There just seems to be no unifrom consensus, even within an individual bank, which to me is the most disconscerting part.

And as Peeps notes, if Scotia does indeed ever reconsider their position that would be a major win for all of us.....

Stacocakes
    Stacocakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Thanks for the replies
    I am going to look into this ******** option. If it is accepted by books such as Betfair and Pinnacle you guys are right, it must be reliable
    Hope this stuff get's sorted out soon.
    Would be nice for the banks to communicate this stuff to us as well. I never recieved any letter or anything on my statements saying that the gambling transactions with a **** were being stopped. Just got one of those "Oh we sent you something in the mail". No you didn't thanks

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another not bad option that my friend uses is the prepaid ********** from Moneymart. One time $31 charge, then $7.50 a use fee (max $15 a month).

He can load it up to 5K.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

So how will Canadians fund their Matchbook accounts?