20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmonkey View Post
    There is no problem having an account with Fubo and SIA at the same time - I, as others also do, know this for a fact - so if they are arguing this then they will be onto a loser.

The "more than one person accessing your account" is bullsh1t on 2 counts:

1) This is IMPOSSIBLE to prove - people travel, people use dynamic IPs, people use proxies - I do not know of a site that states in the rules that these are forbidden. The only way that they can prove that more than one person accessed the account is by hiding outside of the window with a camera.

2) What is the problem with letting someone else access your account anyway? If I couldnt get to a computer but wanted to place a wager then I would have no issue with calling up a friend to do it for me. In fact SIA's T&Cs state:

" If a third party places a bet using a member's account, with or without the consent or knowledge of the account holder, the bet is deemed valid and refunds will not be made"

So...their point isnt valid as they have made provision for such an action in their rules.

Now I know that these guys have had a bad reputation in the past, I know that they close winning accounts - but they cant violate their own T&Cs.
    How many sites would you like me to list that has that as a rule..... Loose lines does for instance and states;

Only one account is permitted per person.
    Only one account is permitted from the same physical address or IP address. If more than one person wants to play from the same physical or IP address, that person needs to make arrangements with us before opening the account.

so don't say it don't exist.

Padael
    Padael's Avatar Become A Pro!

Santo & 247 I presume you both represnt the bookmakers in this forum, right?

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

No I am a player..... been banned limited delayed by many a book. I happen to read the rules prior to signing up. I cannot play at SIA and they won't allow me to sign up at fubo despite never having an account there. I just tell it like it is, as does santo.

Padael
    Padael's Avatar Become A Pro!

.. anyways it is quite evident and sounds that you do represent the bookmakers view point, subjectively... at least you have their interest at heart... or inclined to promote and support clients money confiscation as a just action... particularly with a book who has history of such actions.

jazzmonkey
    jazzmonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1182

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post

How many sites would you like me to list that has that as a rule..... Loose lines does for instance and states;

Only one account is permitted per person.
    Only one account is permitted from the same physical address or IP address. If more than one person wants to play from the same physical or IP address, that person needs to make arrangements with us before opening the account.

so don't say it don't exist.

Maybe you should read what I wrote instead of assuming you thought that you knew what I meant? I was responding to SIA's email in which they suspected that Padael's account had been accessed by several people, this has nothing to do with whether he had multiple accounts - I am quite aware that the majority (if not all) sites disallow more than one account per person.

But to address this issue, if SIA are proposing that Padael had multiple accounts then they must provide proof - they cannot leave it as it is. This proof, as far as I am concerned must either show that the multiple accounts have been accessed from the same IP (which is shaky ground anyway given work/internet cafe circumstances), or the registered addresses/emails are identical. I doubt very much that this will happen or can happen. If they do have such proof, why did they not provide it long ago, why wait for such a long time - or have they only recently conveniently "discovered" what is going on? They also mentioned about a linkage to fraudulent IPs (whatever the hell they are) - once again why did they not say anything at the time...or were they, as is much more likely, waiting to see how Padael's account would go before making a decision. He loses, they win, he wins, they confiscate and remain equal.

The whole thing stinks.

adeandabet
    adeandabet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got to say thankyou to all. I am really sorry for your bad experiences but selfishly I am glad as it has saved me having a similar one. I was looking to open an account with this book but now I realise their ploy. If my account ever wins they will mysteriously link it with someone called Kevin in Ulan Bator and without any evidence confiscate my winnings. Books like this have good lines for a reason, to entice potential customers away and steal their money. And looking through history on here this is far from a one off experience, there have been many problems in the past. Back to Pinny for me.

Ade

yobinad
    yobinad's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm very concerned in this moment... i ask for a withdrawall 6 days ago at FUBO, i sent the documents but till now my money was not transfered...
    And reading this post, are concerning me about the situation... I wish they pay me!

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any updates on these complaints Justin?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

The process has begun. In a complex case (and I don't know how complex this one is), it could take a month.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Quote Originally Posted by Padael View Post
    .. anyways it is quite evident and sounds that you do represent the bookmakers view point, subjectively... at least you have their interest at heart... or inclined to promote and support clients money confiscation as a just action... particularly with a book who has history of such actions.
    Padael, disagreeing with your viewpoint or at least calling into question some aspects of what you write does not mean that somebody is a "sleeper sportbook agent" whose purpose is to sabotage your efforts. Quite immature actually.

I've had massive disagreements with sportbooks in the past, none greater than my very own SIA nightmare some 8 years ago, but I still like to see all sides to a situation.

20four7 and Santo representing the books...Guess I never noticed in the years that they've been posting.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    In my recent experiences with SIA, they have become much more thorough in their investigations of fraud. IP addresses are usually just the tip of the iceberg. They are spending some serious money on fraud detection, and in most of the newer fraud cases, they can tell you the exact identity of the person opening multiple accounts. They are also taking some very aggressive new approaches against fraudulent players legally - and I'm curious to see how those pan out.
    Can we please define fraud, one day soon, before skipping to fraud detection?

As long as no bonuses are involved, why would a book care who accepts the bets that the book itself offers, let alone from where? It's a 'false' problem. Would Matchbook care? No. Why not? Because Matchbook earns a commission on every single bet. Bookmaking in it simplest and purest form.

Fraud, of the type we have become accustomed to, can only occur if the book is interested in the outcome of the game; which is not bookmaking but betting. If a player unbalances the action too much, the book can lower his limit, or kick him out. End of 'fraud'.

Why are we, so often, being drawn into an argument that is based on a false presumption? The idea of retroactively confiscating winnings is completely unacceptable.

What is fraud? Multiple accounts for the purpose of bonus scamming, and past posting come to mind. There are only a limited number of offenses, and I think it may be helpful if SBR clearly defined each, so that we're all talking about the same thing.

BigWoolyMammoth
    BigWoolyMammoth's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are ****ed. Sia is just gross. They love deposits and don't care what is linked to you, they welcome your deposits. If you lose its cool, they keep it, if you win they keep winnings and send your deposit back. Win win situation. They told us we could 3rd party deposit. My wife has same last name and address. We weren't hiding. They stole a nice amount. Highway robbery. Contact the kahnawake gaming commission up in Canada. They protect sia though. They get paid from them to scam people. Don't yell at them or the police will come to your door and say you threatned their lives. Such pussy thieves.

nikosgr
    Real pro
    nikosgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

''They told us we could 3rd party deposit''

If you can prove this, for example, if you kept an e-mail of this, then i see no reason why to continue this thread. Padael should get his money.

BigWoolyMammoth

I proved it. I attached the form they sent us to my thread. Everyone saw.

nikosgr
    Real pro

Any news here?

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by nikosgr View Post
    Any news here?
    The player and book are cooperating, and this is slowly going forward.

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

It's a shame that SIA seem to have sunk back into their old ways. To me there is a big difference between a C and a D book - C rated books may be imperfect and have their issues but they are not generally downright dishonest. SIA seemed to be trying to rebuild the repuation - they needed to since it has been absolutely poisonous for the last few years. If they're up to this sort of thing they're right back off limits.

BigWoolyMammoth

they told me for a week that it was slowly moving forward and then we got NOTHING.

vanman

The player and book are cooperating, and this is slowly going forward.

There were 2 complaints about them Justin,what has happened to the one of them?

vanman

Quote Originally Posted by yobinad View Post
    I'm very concerned in this moment... i ask for a withdrawall 6 days ago at FUBO, i sent the documents but till now my money was not transfered...
    And reading this post, are concerning me about the situation... I wish they pay me!
    Any news on your payout yobinad ?

hellodestiny
    hellodestiny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

good luck dealing with SIA.com. watch your credit card statements! they're thieves!

bombCanada
    Rule #1: always be glad for what you get
    bombCanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
    How many sites would you like me to list that has that as a rule..... Loose lines does for instance and states; Only one account is permitted per person. Only one account is permitted from the same physical address or IP address. If more than one person wants to play from the same physical or IP address, that person needs to make arrangements with us before opening the account. so don't say it don't exist.
    This is different than using multiple IP addresses. This is multiple accounts from a single IP address.

This is easy enough to get around... just use a proxy like hidemyass dot com. there's a ton of them out there, but be careful routing your personal info through an unknown 3d party... it's a perfect setup for a man-in-the-middle attack.

My ISP is insecure enough that I can change my IP address at will by changing the MAC address on my router. IP address logging won't catch me.

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    There were 2 complaints about them Justin,what has happened to the one of them?
    There were 3 fraud complaints that were resolved, and the parties made it confidential.

vanman

There were 3 fraud complaints that were resolved, and the parties made it confidential.

So is it safe to play there,or were the players wrongfully robbed.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

It's safe to play there.

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    So is it safe to play there,or were the players wrongfully robbed.
    It's quite safe.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

sportsinteraction scammed me too. they stoles money from me too... mo-fo.. They suck donkey @SS. i would not trust that site at all....

vanman

Have you filled in a complaint form yet,i`m sure Justin will help you.

jazzmonkey
    jazzmonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1182

From what i have seen there are no problems with the site regarding individual bets, or regular payouts - however if there is an issue that they take offence to, then your funds could be at risk. Whilst this is stated in the rules of most books, SIA appear to be one of the few that put them into effect.

yobinad
    yobinad's Avatar Become A Pro!

I received my payment vanman... 9 day after the request i received the money in my moneybookers account

nikosgr
    Real pro

Justin, i see that the numbers of confiscated money from SIA is growing.
    Apart from padael's problem, probably there is something bigger going on with this book.

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmonkey View Post
    From what i have seen there are no problems with the site regarding individual bets, or regular payouts - however if there is an issue that they take offence to, then your funds could be at risk. Whilst this is stated in the rules of most books, SIA appear to be one of the few that put them into effect.
    What seems to be particularly of concern is that they do it in such an arbitrary way that you have no way to defend yourself if you have done nothing wrong. "We have closed your account for breaches of our T&Cs but we won't tell you what or show you any evidence, or give you any opportunity to explain the situation, we'll just confiscate your money and tell you you're not getting it back. Oh but if you lose money that's fine your account can keep on going even if you breach our T&Cs exactly the same as the other guy who won" This is what makes it no better than straight theft - whether your bets win or lose you cannot win money.

BubbleBobble
    BubbleBobble's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can you say it is safe? Yes the value of their lines might be higher than the risk involved, but a shady shop like SIA will *never* be safe...

nikosgr
    Real pro

I am hearing from other players whose money was confiscated and agreed to drop their charges against SIA ... that they made threats against them and their FAMILIES in more than one way.

Their threats include:

1. Take legal action against the player
    2. To expose the player in such a way that he will not be able to place one single bet on any site
    3. To report the player to all payment processors as a fraudulent player.

Although they know that they cannot really implement successfully any of their threats, to the innocent player who has a family this may sound scary and understandbly he would drop his charges ... however this is totally unacceptable ... these guys are gangsters ...SIA are really a bad bunch of people ... if they use this kind of dirty tactics they must be really desperate - SIA do not deserve to be in business at all. The D rating they had a few months ago is more than a huge compliment for them... C- may trap a lot of innocent people and I cannot see who would trust these kind of people with their money.

BigWoolyMammoth

they can NOT be trusted.
    my matter was not resolved. who told you that justin? resolved on your end because you got paid from them. I never dropped shit.
    I had to drop it when these thugs called my local police department and told them I was making terroristic threats. then they threatned to come to my house. I couldnt mess with that since I have a wife and kid. These people are dirt bag thugs. stay far away. how could you promote them SIA? how??? durito?? come on man! you are so much better then that. do you work for them?know them? durito come on. what do you know about them. I am not trying to offend you but this books is gross. I attached all documents to my posts and showed you guys everything and still got raped. SIA IS GARBAGE!

First 12345 Last